The Biden Administration

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I couldn't believe there was not a thread dedicated to the Biden Administration. So here is it. Just a catch all for the good and bad that this administration is doing.

I will warn you and say there will be FoxNews articles posted in this thread by me. I will pass on NewMax, OAN and Breitbart. But I do read CNN to see what they are saying and what Fox might not be telling me and I think you should do the same to see what left leaning sources aren't telling you.

So to start it, I will begin with a topic hinted at by @Chew Toy McCoy in another thread about inflation. It is coming and it isn't just people on FB blaming Biden for high gas prices, but when people start really noticing how their weekly grocery bill is going up they are going to be looking for someone to blame.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Jackie? Jackie are you here? Where's Jackie? I think she was going to be here.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I get it, I'd be making fun of Biden too if not for the last guy. I guess it depends which is a bigger indicator of dementia; thinking a rep who passed away a month ago is still alive, or thinking Frederick Douglass is still alive.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I get it, I'd be making fun of Biden too if not for the last guy. I guess it depends which is a bigger indicator of dementia; thinking a rep who passed away a month ago is still alive, or thinking Frederick Douglass is still alive.

Trump just messed up a verb tense (maybe - who's done is also "who has done" indicating past tense. But yeah," who did" would have been better.)

“Frederick Douglass is an example of somebody who’s done an amazing job and is getting recognized more and more, I notice,” the president said.

Biden completely forgot he put out a statement about her death and ordered flags to half-staff.

"Jill and I are shocked and saddened by the death of Congresswoman Jackie Walorski of Indiana along with two members of her staff in a car accident today in Indiana," he wrote in a statement.

"We may have represented different parties and disagreed on many issues, but she was respected by members of both parties for her work on the House Ways and Means Committee on which she served," Biden continued. "She also served as co-chair of the House Hunger Caucus, and my team and I appreciated her partnership as we plan for a historic White House Conference on Hunger, Nutrition, and Health this fall that will be marked by her deep care for the needs of rural America."

Last edited:

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
👎 Boo.

For me the difference between making fun of Trump vs Biden is Trump is a bad person with bad intentions. That’s not true of Biden, IMO.

Not making fun of. His mental capacity is not anywhere close to a joke.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Is Biden a disappointment to me? Yes, but probably for different reasons than your opinion.

Is he even in the same neighborhood as TFG? Hell no! Not even in the same hemisphere, and before you say you agree that he is worse than TFG... I am implying that the Orange turd was nothing that our founding fathers would think of as Presidential. He was a tyrant, divisive, cheat, racist, misogynist, narcissist, psychotic, and down right scoundrel man-child of a President.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Trump just messed up a verb tense (maybe - who's done is also "who has done" indicating past tense. But yeah," who did" would have been better.)

Biden completely forgot he put out a statement about her death and ordered flags to half-staff.

Biden has a ways to go before he tops Trump's "disinfectant" press conference.

I can't take the feigned concern for Biden's mental faculties as being serious after watching the last guy. If Biden's brain is deteriorating, then Trump's never fully developed.

When you strip away the political battle from this "war of cognitive abilities", Biden is just really old and Trump is really old and really stupid. If you took someone unaware of who either man was and showed them the average clip of Biden talking at a press conference or political event and Trump doing the same, I have a hard time believing anyone would point to Trump as the more in-tune and intelligent individual.

Last edited:

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I am implying that the Orange turd was nothing that our founding fathers would think of as Presidential.

I am not entirely convinced of that. The there were deep veins of racism through the extent of founding fathers. Most of them did think that the red man and the black man were a level or two below the white man, and pobably would not have stood strong against Individual-ONE's White-wingery.

They probably would have been displeased with his narcissistic ways, might well have decried his anti-regulatory stance (if they were able to get a clear look at the issues) and it is difficult to discern how they would have felt about his naked power grab (as they lived in a new nation that restricted the franchise to land-owning white men).

We just give them too much credit – I mean, the great TJ was not above stealing land from the aborigines and felt that periodic revolutions would be a good thing. And the great American icon Honest Abe, AIUI, was not all that fond of negroes, and his legacy pointed the way toward our large-scale corporatocracy.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
I am not entirely convinced of that. The there were deep veins of racism through the extent of founding fathers. Most of them did think that the red man and the black man were a level or two below the white man, and pobably would not have stood strong against Individual-ONE's White-wingery.

They probably would have been displeased with his narcissistic ways, might well have decried his anti-regulatory stance (if they were able to get a clear look at the issues) and it is difficult to discern how they would have felt about his naked power grab (as they lived in a new nation that restricted the franchise to land-owning white men).

We just give them too much credit – I mean, the great TJ was not above stealing land from the aborigines and felt that periodic revolutions would be a good thing. And the great American icon Honest Abe, AIUI, was not all that fond of negroes, and his legacy pointed the way toward our large-scale corporatocracy.
Ok granted on the racism thing... That man just irks me in ways I cannot explain with blowing a gasket. However, no way the Founding Fathers would have approved the clear violation of the emoluments clause, and tyrannical king like behavior. Not with the days of rule under the King so fresh in their mind.

Last edited:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
So to start it, I will begin with a topic hinted at by @Chew Toy McCoy in another thread about inflation. It is coming and it isn't just people on FB blaming Biden for high gas prices, but when people start really noticing how their weekly grocery bill is going up they are going to be looking for someone to blame.

Yeah and typically people blame a given administration, whether or not the prez could wave a magic wand and fix whatever it is. It's why presidents all know the bucks stops at their desk. They're an easy mark.

Reuters ran a piece a year ago about whether it's right to blame Biden for inflation.

They could add even more onto "why blame Biden?" at this point, but it was a good start.

The Fed is doing what it can, meanwhile fintech is going the other way and finding newer ways to juice borrowing... and banks are whining about why can't they get in on it and why not loosen up the capital requirements so we can have another housing boom and bust while we're at it.

Does anyone else remember pictures of developers bulldozing unfinished housing starts in 2008? Big banks certainly hope not. They're dying to lend out those reserves and get back to being leveraged up 30 to 1 themselves, because after all the banks still ARE too big to fail, right?​

The Republican and Democratic attempts to offset pandemic dips in the economy with government assistance have had the effect of keeping many consumers' savings or credit cards still viable, and the job market has been generous as the pandemic wanes to endemic status, so spending hasn't cooled off yet as much as the Fed might hope, but that's not on Biden.

The stimulus efforts and related pandemic-reactive measures - rent and floreclosure hiatus etc -- have been a bipartisan choice of a federal government trying to stave off possibly irremediable effects on the economy, after we were initially kept unaware of what a whack the planet was going to take from covid-19. Supply chain adjustments were wrenching experiences for anyone who cares to remember not being able to find toilet paper or staples like beans and rice for awhile. Restaurants went nuts converting to takeout only. Supermarkets used to "just in time" inventory re-ups were caught off guard as well.

Enough people without paychecks AND without food would have meant riots in the streets. So, few sane people would seriously question those stimulus measures at this point. Countries around the world took similar measures as best they could. "Blame" for subsequent inflation hardly seems worth the time trying to lay at any doorstep.... except if one's in an election season!

Bottom line: these have been extraordinary times around the world and we're still coming out of them. In the USA, no one except the Fed and us down here in the Joe Sixpack league --trying to juggle energy costs and letting the kids have meat at least once a week-- can get too crazed over inflationary pressures per se, except Rs looking to round out "crime, immigration and..." with something else they figure will rhyme nicely with "vote GOP."

What goes up eventually comes down. We're still hoping for a soft landing. Only time will tell on that, and avoiding recession will be up to all of us. A President can be a cheerleader in terms of trying to get confidence back it up if it slides (or drops precipitously) but it takes a whole country to emerge from soft spots in the road. In the meantime, inflation is starting to abate in grocery carts.

In fact the agribusiness corporations are finally getting their wrists slapped for jacking up profits past cost of goods hikes passed on to consumers during the "greed still works" phase of this economy. Those hikes are just coming down now, after brand labels milked it as much as they could and drove consumers overwhelmingly to start picking generic goods in the supermarket aisles.

As for those other markets: the pot stirrers of the Street have tried pitching "bear market" and "recession" and still the average guy with a 401k just goes to work and figures he lived through 2008 and ensuing slog back, so... and the guy with a non union gig job and no 401k knows better than to blame Joe Biden for the state of manufacturing jobs in the USA. Joe Biden and the Dems are actually who have managed to get some infrastructure money into American job prospects.

Remains to be seen how bad heating season costs will get this winter, but in the meantime gasoline prices for the work commute have finally ocme down. If we want to blame someone for those energy costs as the snow season approaches, Putin's the easy mark there, not Joe Biden.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Not making fun of. His mental capacity is not anywhere close to a joke.
None of us here has the information or, probably, the expertise to accurately gauge the extent of Joe Biden’s cognitive impairment. However, as someone about a decade his junior, I’m often impressed by his ability to deal with the myriad issues a U.S. president faces daily.

What’s not in doubt is Biden’s compassion and care for all his constituents, not just the ones who voted for him. His administration has made meaningful progress, despite an opposition that thwarts his efforts at every turn.

The difference between Biden and Trump couldn’t be more stark. Trump is a worthless grifter who shouldn’t be running a business, let alone the country. He is a clear and present danger to the U.S. and the world. Trouble is, many of his supporters are too stupid or blind to see he doesn’t care about anyone but himself.

Last edited:

lizkat

Reaction score
None that of us here has the information or, probably, the expertise to accurately gauge the extent of Joe Biden’s cognitive impairment. However, as someone about a decade his junior, I’m often impressed by his ability to deal with the myriad issues a U.S. president faces daily.

What’s not in doubt is Biden’s compassion and care for all his constituents, not just the ones who voted for him. His administration has made meaningful progress, despite an opposition that thwarts his efforts at every turn.

The difference between Biden and Trump couldn’t be more stark. Trump is a worthless grifter who shouldn’t be running a business, let alone the country. He is a clear and present danger to the U.S. and the world. Trouble is, many of his supporters are too stupid or blind to see he doesn’t care about anyone but himself.

I certainly have more confidence in Biden's cabinet picks and advisors than was the case with almost all of Trump's inner circle. Even the few of the latter who seemed competent in the field of their post found themselves thrashing in the chaos of Trump's way of policy making and implementation.

As for differences between Biden and Trump being stark: Trump has tended to see everything through the prism of where can we (or, he...) make a buck?

He drove advisors crazy trying to latch on to Afghan mineral exploitation as a way of "making up for" the expense of our having troops remain in country. Trump once heard in passing, at a dinner with foreign dignitaries, a remark that China was mining copper in Afghanistan. He went nuts. He demanded that the USA "take bids" and stick a mining company in there immediately to get some value out of still being in Afghanistan at all.

His then economic advisor Gary Cohn had to explain to him that China only had some concessions for long term implementation, not for current development, further that Afghanistan had no infrastructure or transport systems for mineral exploitation in the relevant terrain, never mind the usual legal or regulatory systems including property rights that any investor would expect, and finally that most of the land in question was controlled by the Taliban.

Still Trump farmed out his demand to Wilbur Ross, his Secretary of Commerce. In turn that landed with the State Department, which researched the issue and concluded that just the idea of the USA siting a minerals extractioin endeavor in Afghanistan would be a propaganda boon to the USA's enemies, e.g. accusations of raping the land and exploiting the poor and downtrodden.

Bottom line Trump's advisors convinced him it would be a matter of at least ten years before anything like minerals exploration and development could even be launched, and Trump finally went back to fuming about the cost of remaining in Afghanistan.

OK so Biden actually did remove USA troops from Afghanistan and took all the flak for a chaotic departure. One can quarrel with how it went down, or even argue that we should not have split. But at no time did I hear anyone say that Biden tried to extract some dough out of Afghanistan on our way out. In fact when it came to money, the questions were about how to prevent the Taliban from just scarfing up the failed Afghan government's central bank reserves and ensure they'd only be used to benefit ordinary Afghan people in post-war reconstruction and humanitarian assistance.

I won't try to make out that the USA is some benevolent giant afoot in the world, but I think Biden and his crew have already made some repairs to damage Trump caused in how we were viewed abroad during Trump's time in office.. with the likely exception of a few strong-arm guys Trump admired. Even some of those guys, and maybe especially Xi, are probably happy to have someone less impulsive and volatile in the Oval Office. As for Putin, who knows. But Biden has experienced advisors who have long dealt with counterparts abroad, and I sure sleep better at night because of it.

EDIT: my remarks on the Afganistan minerals gig in the above post are from having read Woodward's 2018 book Fear: Trump in the White House. I looked some of that up just now and it's mostly in chapter 38.

Last edited:

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
OK so Biden actually did remove USA troops from Afghanistan and took all the flak for a chaotic departure. One can quarrel with how it went down, or even argue that we should not have split.

Evacuations in the Middle East during a takeover of the government are messy. Iran in 1979 comes to mind.

lizkat

Reaction score
Evacuations in the Middle East during a takeover of the government are messy. Iran in 1979 comes to mind.

Or leaving Lebanon after the 1983 bombings... first it was just hanging out offshore while we tried to pump in enough money to prop up the failing government to make it look like we weren't leaving them in the lurch. Then it was about trying to get the hell out before we lost any more blood and treasure.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I just watched some clips of Trump at his last rally. Republicans pretending to be outraged at Biden’s anti-Trumpism speech… yeah, you lose every last ounce of credibility (if you had any to start) if you can watch that and think there’s even a remote comparison. He’s saying “They want to take your guns, indoctrinate your children, these are sick people”. On and on… radical this, sick people that, “rigged and stolen election, we’re not going to have a country, China is laughing at us, it’s a witch hunt, crooked and corrupt that….”

He also insinuated we should kill drug dealers in quick trials. Well, he didn’t suggest it, he pretty much outright said it.

There were “lock her up” chants. He brags about winning tons of lawsuits but then pretends the system is corrupt. Says he built the wall but then complains about the border issues. Thinks he’s still president but make sure he qualifies his accomplishment as “getting the most votes for a sitting president in history”. If he really won, why not just say “the most votes in history”?

He’s playing music like it’s a church service or something… truly bizarre, and it’s even stranger to think this cartoonish, buffoonish f**k-stick was actually rewarded for his repulsive behavior by being elected president. He’s like some cheesy 80’s comedy villain, a total caricature.

Biden looks like Mister f*****g Rogers by comparison. There IS no comparison. Biden is an adult and Trump is some developmentally-arrested, sel-absorbed and neurotic man-child.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I can't take the feigned concern for Biden's mental faculties as being serious after watching the last guy. If Biden's brain is deteriorating, then Trump's never fully developed.

When you strip away the political battle from this "war of cognitive abilities", Biden is just really old and Trump is really old and really stupid. If you took someone unaware of who either man was and showed them the average clip of Biden talking at a press conference or political event and Trump doing the same, I have a hard time believing anyone would point to Trump as the more in-tune and intelligent individual.

The left clamored for Trump to take a cognitive test. Would you support the same for Biden?

Top Bottom
1 2