The birds and the bees

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
How I feel when the weekend is almost over.

_macroart_1618770116.jpg

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
How I feel when the weekend is almost over.

Great photo. I didn't have that much energy on a Sunday back in the day, but that was surely me at my desk on a Monday morning before landing in a workplace with a pantry... having opened the coffee they gave me at the deli after I had said "black no sugar" and ended up with java having both milk AND sugar in it, plus the echo of "OK honey, next?" still in my ear.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Tits on the back porch. They were working on a nest above the lightswitch on the roof beam. It is not a good place for a nest. Well, it might be convenient for them, being tucked up away from prying eyes and claws and beaks. So I went and found a Vladimir, in his rotund floaty-suit, that fit up nicely in that space. Seems the tits do not like Harkonnens any more than the Atreides or the Fremen do.

tranceking26

Power User
Reaction score
If I am awake very early I can hear all kinds of birds singing nearby. It's very relaxing. Then later the traffic noise begins. 😪

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Cuckoos are brood parasites that will temporarily appropriate the nest of another species of bird, often tossing out any eggs or hatchlings in it, the better to lay their own egg in there, then take off again for a carefree summer. No concern about what size bird will now serve as foster parents... in this photo tweeted by an English birder, it's a small warbler that's been left with a humongous cuckoo chick to feed.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1403335367315578880/

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Oh, how can one NOT love that exquisite photo of the Sandhill Crane mother and child..... !!!! Rich with meaning, tells a delightful story and is technically perfect to boot! My neighbor, who subscribes to the Audubon Magazine, is a member of the Audubon Society, always passes along the latest issue of the magazine when she's finished, and just a few days ago she gave me three issues of LivingBird (Cornell) and the Audubon Magazine issue with the Photography Awards images in it. I hadn't gotten around to looking at the magazine yet, so I'm glad that you posted this! I like all of the images, some really terrific ones there, but that mother-and-child Sandhill Crane one really wins my heart.....

Top Bottom
1 2