ICE Vehicles: General topics

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
2020 BMW (lease) I have been loyal to them for about 15 years now. Of course over the last several months it's just been sitting in the garage, I've maybe put on a couple hundred miles at best since the pandemic started.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Well, I'm waiting on the revised Velossa intake ducts, I had them on my '16 GT, there was a slight revision to the passenger side grill area (I have a '19 now ...), so they're making a MY18+ flavor (technically the driver's side, where the actual air intake snorkel sits is the same).

I've sourced an aftermarket "Pony-less" grill, I'll save my OEM, and I'll cut out just the corners to expose the ducts (that will be in matching orange), should look pretty cool, and on my '16 they really help to drop the low speed IATs (intake temps).

!__woot__!

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Coming out of a store from a supply run (yesterday) I had a little, "Oh, the color/lighting looks neat" moment, snapped a pic, it's sort of blurry I think the lens was a little fogged up. I had washed it in the morning, hadn't done a full on a wash-with-soap in a while, it stays garaged, mostly not driven, so I've just been occasionally wiping it down with a little quick detail spray. When it's really clean it has a neat metallic finish that really shifts the color around, from a deeper orange to almost yellow.

IMG_7086 2_1200.jpg

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Seriously considering going EV next year.

I'll babble into this thread, on this site, since my car thread @ TOP has been ruined, mostly by one fuckwit ...

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Ooh, a car thread!!!! In October I traded in my beloved little blue Acura RSX, fifteen years old, on a 2021 Honda Civic Sports Hatchback. I love my new car, she's fun to drive, but actually I haven't really gone all that many places or all that far in her yet, thanks to Covid-19 and such..... Honda calls the color "Polished Metal Metallic" or some such, but after a couple of days I realized that she is actually in Apple parlance, "Space Grey." She matches my Macs and my iPads perfectly! The new Graphite color that Apple is offering this year in the iPhone 12 Pro looks as though that would go very, very nicely with my new car, too..... :)

In the meantime, DT, I absolutely ADORE the color of your gorgeous vehicle!!!! Porsche, right? Orange is my favorite color and that is one heckuva gorgeous, fabulous car you've got there..... Droooooolllll........ You say you don't drive her much? Take her out more often! Cars need and want to be driven, all those "horses" under the hood need their exercise! :D

Last edited:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Lots of choices for EVs now. I picked this one in 2016; just made the last car payment (0.9% APR!!). 24K, plus the 7.5K federal tax credit and zero sales tax for EVs in my jurisdiction... less than $17K and 5 years of not having to stop at a gas station!

1608484089752.png

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Ooh, a car thread!!!! In October I traded in my beloved little blue Acura RSX, fifteen years old, on a 2021 Honda Civic Sports Hatchback. I love my new car, she's fun to drive, but actually I haven't really gone all that many places or all that far in her yet, thanks to Covid-19 and such..... Honda calls the color "Polished Steel Metallic" or some such, but after a couple of days I realized that she is actually in Apple parlance, "Space Grey." She matches my Macs and my iPads perfectly! The new Graphite color that Apple is offering this year in the iPhone 12 Pro looks as though that would go very, very nicely with my new car, too..... :)

In the meantime, DT, I absolutely ADORE the color of your gorgeous vehicle!!!! Porsche, right? Orange is my favorite color and that is one heckuva gorgeous, fabulous car you've got there..... Droooooolllll........ You say you don't drive her much? Take her out more often! Cars need and want to be driven, all those "horses" under the hood need their exercise! :D

Nice, re: your new ride :) I was going to demand photos, but I see you've already complied :D

I really love the dark-er-ish gray/metallics, we've had a few cars in that color range, one was even a custom paint job (a Supra, originally in Baltic Blue, converted over to Lexus Graphite Gray Pearl). It's much easier to maintain vs. black, but still has the impact of a dark color, and since it's neutral, it works with all sort of contrasting color like red (like the brake calipers for example).

Yeah, that's a really fun orange, it's called Orange Fury, it's a multi-stage special paint, it has a tinted clearcoat, with a metallic base coat, and it's highly reactive to light, so it changes shades, like both of these are my car, no edits, that the actual color as photographed ...

My hood:

1608489309763.png

Also my hood:

1608489334405.png

Oh, and the car is a Mustang GT (obv. a convertible :D) It has a few modifications, so it looks a little different.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I have a 2019 Tacoma

It will still be running when the sun has burned out :D

Lots of choices for EVs now. I picked this one in 2016; just made the last car payment (0.9% APR!!). 24K, plus the 7.5K federal tax credit and zero sales tax for EVs in my jurisdiction... less than $17K and 5 years of not having to stop at a gas station!

Funny you posted a VW, we've been knocking around the idea of a mid-upper market BEV (make/model TBD ...), and a smaller, secondary car like a Golf GTI - the latter for when there's a quick need for like occasional school pickup (if that's ever actually a thing again ...)

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Nice! I was going to do a car related post pretty soon, I've given up on posting at The Other Place in the general community area. That RelentlessBabbler asshat kind of __wrecked__ my car thread over there.

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
I can confirm that buying a black car was a massive mistake, especially if you are slightly bothered about your car's appearance and/or love your car. My garage now looks like I am a full time detailer.
I’ve owned several black cars too and yep they never look clean lol.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I've I'm never buying a black car again several times ... :D

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
They do like so good when they are clean though. My current CR-V is white and that hides the dirt a little better but I still prefer black. Here is my current car:
0f6c032d6826f924b8757b0db30660af.jpg

Top Bottom
1 2