The Day I Feared Most Will Soon Be Upon Me...

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I knew this day would come. The constant hints. The weekly threats. It has been dangled above my head like the sword of Damocles for a good portion of my adult life. Now, finally, it has arrived. It is upon me, and there is no escape.

You see, my mom and dad are renovating their house, and they want to stay with me for 3-4 weeks while it's being done.

I don't...I don't think I'm gonna survive this. If I suddenly quit posting one day, know that I have died. Send my regards to those whom it may concern.

...pray for me.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
I knew this day would come. The constant hints. The weekly threats. It has been dangled above my head like the sword of Damocles for a good portion of my adult life. Now, finally, it has arrived. It is upon me, and there is no escape.

You see, my mom and dad are renovating their house, and they want to stay with me for 3-4 weeks while it's being done.

I don't...I don't think I'm gonna survive this. If I suddenly quit posting one day, know that I have died. Send my regards to those whom it may concern.

...pray for me.
Lol. Good news Mum and Dad. You have been so good to me over the years and you know how cramped my space is, so I've booked you an Airbnb for the summer!

Renzatic

Reaction score
Lol. Good news Mum and Dad. You have been so good to me over the years and you know how cramped my space is, so I've booked you an Airbnb for the summer!

It's not a space issue. It's that theiy'ere both crazy that's the problem.

I did offer to shack them up in a local motel for a month, but no. I'm sure they want to wake me up at 5AM to mow the lawn.

Last edited:

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
It's not a space issue. It's that their both crazy that's the problem.

I did offer to shack them up in a local motel for a month, but no. I'm sure they want to wake me up at 5AM to mow the lawn.

1623712328770.png

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score

And, er, what about your cats? The Nerd Herd?

Are your parents aware of your other caring responsibilities?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Oh yeah, I'm ++sure++ it will only be 3-4 weeks, hahahaha, looking forward to the Week 12 post ...

"Anybody know how deep you need to bury a body?"

U

User.191

Bad news for you, sunshine. Crazy’s an inherited condition.

Send us the address and we’ll turn up with beer kegs, half naked women and a party van decked with 10,000 watts of death metal.

I’d offer to bring my pet gerbil, Cyril, as well, but he’s my backup weapon (best not you ask…)

Renzatic

Reaction score
Friday is the day of my reckoning. The last day of my life as I once knew it.

I expect my mom will always be in the living room, waiting for me to go to the kitchen to get some food, so she can stop me on the way to the dining room, food loaded plate in hand, to regale me with stories that don't ever seem to get to the point. I expect this to happen at least 4 times per day.

So why don't I just tell her I'm busy, then move on, you may ask? If I do that, she gets mad, and starts guilt tripping me. All I can do is stand there with a grin on my face, nodding along to whatever she says until the story's done.

Then dad will pop in to give me a half hour long lecture on how to do something I already know how to do.

...it's...it's...it's...just...it's terrible.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Even better, I can expect more of those weird situations where mom starts asking me these non-sequitur questions, like I've been involved in a conversation that up to that point I wasn't aware of.

...given that she's in her late 60's, some of you may think this might be a sign of something or other. I'm not worried. She's been doing that to me my entire life.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I expect my mom will always be in the living room, waiting for me to go to the kitchen to get some food, so she can stop me on the way to the dining room, food loaded plate in hand, to regale me with stories that don't ever seem to get to the point.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
Friday is the day of my reckoning. The last day of my life as I once knew it.

I expect my mom will always be in the living room, waiting for me to go to the kitchen to get some food, so she can stop me on the way to the dining room, food loaded plate in hand, to regale me with stories that don't ever seem to get to the point. I expect this to happen at least 4 times per day.

So why don't I just tell her I'm busy, then move on, you may ask? If I do that, she gets mad, and starts guilt tripping me. All I can do is stand there with a grin on my face, nodding along to whatever she says until the story's done.

Then dad will pop in to give me a half hour long lecture on how to do something I already know how to do.

...it's...it's...it's...just...it's terrible.

Minus the offer of nourishment, that sounds like something I would do, although I used to sneak up on people and shock them, then immediately transition to stories. I stopped doing that when I found (unfortunately) that if someone has minor hearing loss and I am unaware of that, it can really freak them out.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Minus the offer of nourishment, that sounds like something I would do, although I used to sneak up on people and shock them, then immediately transition to stories. I stopped doing that when I found (unfortunately) that if someone has minor hearing loss and I am unaware of that, it can really freak them out.

You got punched in the head, didn't you?

Top Bottom
1 2