The Democrat agenda 2022 and going forward

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
I was in HS in the early 80's and college in the mid 80's right in the middle of the "War on Drugs". Nancy Reagan & Just Say No and "This is your brain" commercials. So my friend got popped with a baggie of weed on his way to a fraternity retreat. Just about lost everything. Arrested, kicked out of college, threatened with real jail time for "distribution" and the shame he felt from disappointing his parents.

I'm just a few years behind you and went through almost the same thing. A friend in college was expelled for basically identical circustances. The only striking difference is my friend was from England and the son of some Earl or Lord or some damn thing. We didn't keep in touch, but I have no doubt he ended up landing on his feet.

I came from a blue collar family and put myself through college with scholarships, loans and financial aid. But I went to Pepperdine in Malibu. So I was surrounded by the rich and powerful on and off campus. Which is why I'm sure my buddy probably ended up doing just fine after his expulsion. I actually had an English class with Kim Fields (Tootie). In real life she was the kid sticking her hand in the air for EVERY question. I can't recall a time when she didn't know the answer. She was brilliant.

In my junior year Montell Jordan ("This is how we do it") lived in room next to mine in the dorm. I don't need to hear the song (which came after we crossed paths in college). For a whole school year, I heard exactly how he did it through the wall. Every. Damn. Weekend!!! :ROFLMAO: He was a tall, shinny dork, but he (and his roommate) were REALLY popular with the ladies. And just so I don't stray too far off topic, Montell and his roommate Dave didn't do any drugs whatsoever. And he was also a really nice guy. Last I heard, he was a pastor in Georgia.

Oddly, it was my college roommate who schooled me on drugs. He said "If you can go out and pick it, it's probably safe. If it comes from a lab, stay away".

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I'm just a few years behind you and went through almost the same thing. A friend in college was expelled for basically identical circustances. The only striking difference is my friend was from England and the son of some Earl or Lord or some damn thing. We didn't keep in touch, but I have no doubt he ended up landing on his feet.

I came from a blue collar family and put myself through college with scholarships, loans and financial aid. But I went to Pepperdine in Malibu. So I was surrounded by the rich and powerful on and off campus. Which is why I'm sure my buddy probably ended up doing just fine after his expulsion. I actually had an English class with Kim Fields (Tootie). In real life she was the kid sticking her hand in the air for EVERY question. I can't recall a time when she didn't know the answer. She was brilliant.

In my junior year Montell Jordan ("This is how we do it") lived in room next to mine in the dorm. I don't need to hear the song (which came after we crossed paths in college). For a whole school year, I heard exactly how he did it through the wall. Every. Damn. Weekend!!! :ROFLMAO: He was a tall, shinny dork, but he (and his roommate) were REALLY popular with the ladies. And just so I don't stray too far off topic, Montell and his roommate Dave didn't do any drugs whatsoever. And he was also a really nice guy. Last I heard, he was a pastor in Georgia.

Oddly, it was my college roommate who schooled me on drugs. He said "If you can go out and pick it, it's probably safe. If it comes from a lab, stay away".

That’s is quite a neat story! Say what you want about how played out the song is, you got to hear a real classic being made.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I came from a blue collar family and put myself through college with scholarships, loans and financial aid. But I went to Pepperdine in Malibu.

One of my dream schools. But there was enough baseball talent in CA for them not even bother with some redneck kid back east. ;)

Was it as cool as we imagined?

Cool. :)

From your roommate to a movie:

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
One of my dream schools. But there was enough baseball talent in CA for them not even bother with some redneck kid back east. ;)

Was it as cool as we imagined?

I guess? But I'm an oddball. A redhead who burns at really, really easy. I went to the beach at the beginning of my freshman year because all the new freshman were going to the beach. The next time I went was the end of my senior year. I thought it would be cool to wake up with the sun, run down to the beach, go swimming, then jog back home. So I did that. 2 beach trips in 4 years. 🤣

Oddly, I only ended up there because a buddy had an application and decided to pass. So I took his application and submitted it. I hadn't even heard of them till that point.

Had they not started their school year early, I might have ended up at USC. I got a really good scholarship there. But they sent it to me at my Pepperdine address my third week of school. Not sure of the thinking behind that.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I guess? But I'm an oddball. A redhead who burns at really, really easy. I went to the beach at the beginning of my freshman year because all the new freshman were going to the beach. The next time I went was the end of my senior year. I thought it would be cool to wake up with the sun, run down to the beach, go swimming, then jog back home. So I did that. 2 beach trips in 4 years. 🤣

Sounds like my daughter in Savannah. The only times she went to Tybee Island was at dawn to watch the sun rise.

Top Bottom
1 2