The Election Day Thread

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
It’s a crap reason to act as egregiously as he is.
So true. Hope the Dems use it against him and the GOP. I'm hopeful given the general election results. Stacey Abrams has raised $7.2M in a short period of time. From what I know about grassroots orgs in the state (not just the Metro Atlanta area), there is a great deal of work already devoted to the runoffs. There is no worry about the recount, just getting the Dems to 50-50 to make VP Kamala Harris Queen of the Senate 🤞

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Fucking Alaska finally stopped hitting the snooze button. To the shock of literally nobody Republicans big win including Trump. Despite taking forever and having record setting mail-in ballots Trump has graciously decided there shouldn't be a recount. Puzzling.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I'm sorry but it's time to go after organized religion. Think about it for a minute. What is he saying? What is he undermining?

Ah he's just freaking out under pressure of realizing that the Biden administration might actually have the IRS enforce the Johnson Amendment and this idiot (Kenneth Copeland) might lose all his swell perks from being able to write everything off while grifting off his followers.

Whole lotta freakin' out going on when a bunch of grifters realize the music may not be about to stop but the jukebox is getting reloaded with some different tunes. Anyway fuck Copeland, he could get plastic surgery til he's 200 years old and never collect the mass audience of a David Bowie and Queen's Freddie singing Under Pressure

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
Ah he's just freaking out under pressure of realizing that the Biden administration might actually have the IRS enforce the Johnson Amendment and this idiot (Kenneth Copeland) might lose all his swell perks from being able to write everything off while grifting off his followers.

Whole lotta freakin' out going on when a bunch of grifters realize the music may not be about to stop but the jukebox is getting reloaded with some different tunes. Anyway fuck Copeland, he could get plastic surgery til he's 200 years old and never collect the mass audience of a David Bowie and Queen's Freddie singing Under Pressure

Of topic, but I love Queen. I vividly remember hearing We Are The Champions for the first time as a kid. I wore out the cassette tape. I am finishing a book about Freddie right now called "Somebody to Love" after his favorite song. It's a fantastic read. Highly recommend it.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Of topic, but I love Queen. I vividly remember hearing We Are The Champions for the first time as a kid. I wore out the cassette tape. I am finishing a book about Freddie right now called "Somebody to Love" after his favorite song. It's a fantastic read. Highly recommend it.

Love both David Bowie and Queen, as well.

Some superb songs.

And, don't get @Apple fanboy started on Queen....

lizkat

Reaction score

I do want to read that... and don't mean to drag the thread off topic either.

But my mind grows tired of the already seeming interminable "Election Day" that probably has a ways to go yet.

Each time some Republican throws another log on the fire of this stall-job, just as the embers seem to be dying down, what comes to my mind is some of the almost ludicrous endings of certain Haydn compositions... where it feels like he's trying out one ending after another for three minutes.

"and now it's almost over"
"but we could try again"
"to reach a sound conclusion"
"or modulate and start again"

Anyway my reaction to these Republicans is the same as to those drawn out approaches to full cadence: C'mon already!

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
On a separate note, at an online meeting I attended earlier today - addressed by the German federal health minister, - the words "president-elect" were used, quite naturally, in the course of his remarks.

Whatever about the capacity for cognitive (and democratic, and electoral) awareness in the current tainted administration, most of the rest of the civilised world knows who has been validly elected to office.

And, while the OSCE/ODIHR Preliminary Findings & Remarks - invariably issued the day after an election that they have observed, is what generally tends to grab the world's headlines - whereas the Final Report, published around six to ten weeks later, is usually a sober, serious, analytical assessment coupled with thoughtful recommendations (usually dusted off by the host government with an appalled shriek around the time preparations for the next election are about to commence, with a belated realisation that they haven't carried out any of these recommendations, whereupon the easiest, least inconvenient, one or or two of these, are then hastily implemented so that they can show "willing" to the International Community), this year, I think I am able to predict, without having to have recourse to animal entrails, helpful herbs, or astrology, that the Final Report on the US elections will make for very interesting reading.

Last edited:

lizkat

Reaction score
Sad to think that once upon a time in the USA most of us who cut teeth on computer programming back in the 60s and 70s, and then saw the advent of personal computing, the web and graphical interfaces for end users, once had different ideas for how voting might end up being "computerized". We may have figured that eventually all those arcane arcane processes and materials --voter registration ledgers, ballot design and distribution, voting and tallying and auditing, etc-- would have been simplified into some sort of streamlined process like clicking on a menu at a fast food kiosk and having the hamberders pop out onto a tray... but that now the idea of a paper ballot and maybe a purple-inked finger becomes appealing in our weary dreams.

lizkat

Reaction score

Republicans aren't conceding – and Democrats are bringing a knife to a gun fight​

I think this man speaks some sense, as alarmist as it is.

It is hard to know what to do when the Attorney General has joined the fray with that carefully wordsmithed piece of unparalleled ass covering he issued the other day about authorizing DoJ investigations of the vote.

cartoon Barr Trump Justice.jpg

lizkat

Reaction score
Posting this from the other place (by pshufd)

I am sure I don't need to link who owns the national pulse on this forum and detail their "journalistic integrity". The trouble is that many people read this. These stories, and other garabge from this site, is all over parler.

Sure because at parler there's no need to maintain a backup account for fear of Twitter dropping a hammer on one's original trolling setup. Popular enough site w/ Trump cult members now that it keeps crashing. Ironies abound.

lizkat

Reaction score
I think McConnell will maintain support for Mango till the Georgia runoffs. He needs to remain majority leader. If it becomes apparent that Mango will sorta-kinda concede, McConnell will drop him like rock unless Loefler and Purdue get him involved in the runoffs. Which I can't see Mango doing if he knows his 2nd term push is toast.

But that's January 5th.... so a scant two weeks for a "formal transition" if the GSA lady cannot be compelled to help launch the full monty transition process sooner. Not enough time. It's irresponsible to an extreme for the GOP to allow that.

I can see some pushback from other GOP senate members on holding the presidency in limbo that long. The way Trump has stirred pots all over the planet and withheld some info on that from the public must have the intel committees in Congress a little concerned that Biden's not getting the full read-in that he should be getting right now.

We are not talking about a retake on the Gore election here. I keep consoling myself that only 3% of Americans now believe that Trump won the election. 80% think Biden did.

Surely somewhere in there are a handful of Republican Senators who not only think but are getting ready to say ENOUGH ALREADY. A vast majority of their constituents think the game is over: That poll by Reuters was not of voters, it was of the general population...

Some of the other options like Rs meaning to try to string Trump followers along as Republican policy adherents until at least the 2022 elections are past sound pretty farfetched to me. There's no telling how Trump will behave after he leaves office and so no way to tell what his die hard followers will do either. It's possible that Trump's legal and financial difficulties will prevent him from trying to set up some sort of televised perma-kibitz of Biden's administration (my guess on what he thinks right now he'd love to do). All I'm pretty sure of is that Twitter will soon enough ban his private account if he runs it under his real name...

Arkitect

Peripatetic
Reaction score
Instagram
trying to set up some sort of televised perma-kibitz of Biden's administration (my guess on what he thinks right now he'd love to do). All I'm pretty sure of is that Twitter will soon enough ban his private account if he runs it under his real name...
Funny you should say that… 🤔

Trump eyes digital media empire to take on Fox News

"Donald Trump doesn’t believe Fox News was supportive enough, so now he plans to start his own digital news channel to “wreck” the right-wing network"

A while back I wondered about it and thought, Trump TV would be to Politics what History Channel is to History.

1605206935681.png

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
I want the spit-show to end. I know Mango will continue as he has no control and will never concede. Just hopeful that inquiries and possibly warrants wait for him after January 20th. Not even looking forward to that as I'm sure it'll push some of his cult members well overboard.

Just wondering when his truly diehards are successful and hurt or even kill "enemies" due to his rants. So far targets have been lucky that those caught are dotards and/or were surveilled before causing mayhem. Luck may run out soon though.

Top Bottom
1 2