The Election Day Thread

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Trump is not going to be hauled kicking and screaming out of the White House.
Perhaps. But just in case...

President Donald Trump still refuses to concede the election, and he told some of his advisors he wouldn’t leave the White House on Inauguration Day, according to CNN. This all has triggered speculation about how Trump might be physically removed from the building when the new president is sworn in on January 20.

It’s even been a hot topic in a private group chat involving former Secret Service officials and Department of Homeland Security alumni from both Republican and Democratic administrations, according to a former Obama administration DHS official.
Isn’t that pathetic?

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I am still pissed off. There was no catharsis on the 4th. There was still uncertainty on the 10th. After Dec 14th, it seemed settled, but the assholes continue to try to squat all over the process. In six days, we hope to have a resolution, but will we? No result will be satisfactory. The shitheads will continue to try to stir up the shit. I feel like it will never be settled, and we will be fighting Qs and LoudBoys and MAGAts for-freaking-ever.

argh

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I am still pissed off. There was no catharsis on the 4th. There was still uncertainty on the 10th. After Dec 14th, it seemed settled, but the assholes continue to try to squat all over the process. In six days, we hope to have a resolution, but will we? No result will be satisfactory. The shitheads will continue to try to stir up the shit. I feel like it will never be settled, and we will be fighting Qs and LoudBoys and MAGAts for-freaking-ever.

argh
The proud boys are planning on visiting DC on Jan 6. I truly hope the weather is terrible. Idiots need to get some nice sub-40-degree rain pouring on them.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Scary as hell...
Yes, that too. I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

The right has spent forty years cultivating an alternate universe in which the Democrats don't disagree with them on philosophical grounds, but are actively involved in a long term evil conspiracy to...something something something. I never did understand what it was that we're supposed to be doing.

But that didn't stop guys like Rush Limbaugh, from the early days of this moral rot, from spinning tales in which not-conservative = not-American. In which programs like the ACA and the climate accord have nefarious and destructive ulterior motives attached to them. The number of people believing this nonsense has been uncomfortably high for a long time...at least since Bush the Lesser.

It's now clear that all this was waiting for was some crazy demagogue to come along and light the fuse. Scientology ain't got nothin' on the enormous cult that worships Trump as a god (or at least heaven sent) and will continue to do so, long after he should rightly be relegated to the dustbin of history.

Eraserhead

Power User
Site Donor
Reaction score

argh
If there was uncertainty Putin and Erdogan and other actually smart leaders wouldn’t have congratulated Biden already. Putin only waited until mid December because he’s completely fucked if Trump doesn’t get a second term - I expect he will quit.

Dont also forget that while Putin has tied himself to Trump if Russia wants to earn money in a post-oil world its best bet is to maintain good relations with Europe so it gets used as a transit country between Europe and China. The Chinese have just built https://www.globalconstructionreview.com/news/china-launches-prototype-gauge-changing-train-inte/ which will let them link Moscow with China, but starting with Moscow to Kazan (https://www.globalconstructionreview.com/news/china-devel1oping-400kmh-bu5llet-tra4in-can-run/) which is pretty much on the great circle from warsaw to urumqi, Xinjiang.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
It occurs to me that it's a good thing for AppleOC that he ditched out while he could. Watching all the crazy shit that has transpired since the election, all the claims of conspiracies and rigged voting machines and all the bogus "certainty" that Trump actually won, it's now clear that TDS has fully taken on the meaning which we always intended for it. It's the Trump people going insane.

Top Bottom
1 2