The End is Nigh (For Trump Media and Technology Group)

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
So last Friday buried in the financial news and my own trepidation of my own ever shrinking 401k, I just noticed this bit of good news.

https://cnb.cx/3xW2SEO

Who would have thought that the Trump Media and Technology Group would have significant financial issues so quickly? Changing the address to a UPS store??? Does that mean Devin Nunes will also be boxing up your Christmas packages while running Truth Social?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
So last Friday buried in the financial news and my own trepidation of my own ever shrinking 401k, I just noticed this bit of good news.

https://cnb.cx/3xW2SEO

Who would have thought that the Trump Media and Technology Group would have significant financial issues so quickly? Changing the address to a UPS store??? Does that mean Devin Nunes will also be boxing up your Christmas packages while running Truth Social?

"Trump had more than 80 million followers on Twitter. On Truth Social, which he founded after he was banned from Twitter following the Jan. 6, 2021 Capitol riot, he has 4.1 million. The app is also currently barred from the Google Play store."

Low ratings. Sad.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I just think it's hilarious that a guy who only has 1.2% of the population as followers on HIS social network is somehow holding the entire Republican party hostage.

This version of the GOP is pathetic and spineless. Hope I live long enough to see historians write up this whole era of USA politics. It's stats like that which will make people scratch their heads, cluck tongues and wonder what got into our drinking water.

Makes me think of that cartoon about the guy with the briefcase walking up a hill, cresting it and then descending the far side as a lesser primate... and by time he's approaching a handy beach, he's already an amphibian...

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I can hear Trump now…

“Truth Social has been a succes like no other. We have many more times the users of Twitter. And many people are saying that Twitter is full of bots. I know a lot about bots and you won’t find bots on Truth Social, believe me. Twitter may have more bots, but we have, quite frankly, many more users than Twitter.”

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see who he is going to blame for this failure. The deep state, the FBI, the DOJ, the radical left, the fake news...?

lizkat

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see who he is going to blame for this failure. The deep state, the FBI, the DOJ, the radical left, the fake news...?
Oh I think my vote on that would go to Devin... who could be more fun for Trump to throw under the bus? Any time Devin Nunes trends in social media, it's popcorn time in the peanut gallery. :ROFLMAO:

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Lots of bad stuff seems to be happening at once for Trump… I wonder if he’s getting desperate?

I mean, seriously… I’m pretty sure all his friends at Fox aren’t too thrilled about this lawsuit. It stands zero chance, but I’m sure Fox would fear what would happen if CNN was held liable for the things they’ve said about Trump - most of which is only the truth, btw. Not to mention Trump himself… I’m sure he thinks the standards he expects from CNN don’t apply to him, but if we matched one’s influence with their responsibility to tell the truth, he’d be the most deserving of being sued.

lizkat

Reaction score
Lots of bad stuff seems to be happening at once for Trump… I wonder if he’s getting desperate?

I mean, seriously… I’m pretty sure all his friends at Fox aren’t too thrilled about this lawsuit. It stands zero chance, but I’m sure Fox would fear what would happen if CNN was held liable for the things they’ve said about Trump - most of which is only the truth, btw. Not to mention Trump himself… I’m sure he thinks the standards he expects from CNN don’t apply to him, but if we matched one’s influence with their responsibility to tell the truth, he’d be the most deserving of being sued.

Guy has a thin skin for someone who sure likes to dish it out.. and who basically fits the bill when people call him what he is. But I guess he must be needing dough now, with donations from his hard core fans dropping off... so the grifter moves on to the next possible source: defamation suits?!

Trump's own lawyers told him a long time ago when he wanted US defamation laws "tightened up" --so he could sue the press-- that he should think twice about that: even as the laws already stood, Trump with that hair trigger finger on his Twitter account was in danger of getting slammed by defamation suits himself. His own only likely defense might have been that he was out of practice bothering to track the difference between fact and fiction.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Guy has a thin skin for someone who sure likes to dish it out.. and who basically fits the bill when people call him what he is. But I guess he must be needing dough now, with donations from his hard core fans dropping off... so the grifter moves on to the next possible source: defamation suits?!

Trump's own lawyers told him a long time ago when he wanted US defamation laws "tightened up" --so he could sue the press-- that he should think twice about that: even as the laws already stood, Trump with that hair trigger finger on his Twitter account was in danger of getting slammed by defamation suits himself. His own only likely defense might have been that he was out of practice bothering to track the difference between fact and fiction.
where would he get more lawyers? he is scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
More news on this. Very stereotypical and laughably predictable. I guess the dreams of striking it big off the former president’s name is worth the risk for them to go into business with a known deadbeat and thief.

Top Bottom
1 2