The For The People Act

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I like the idea but wonder what the chances of it realistically passing are. In the Senate the GQP could would filibuster it to an early grave. I doubt it affects the US budget in a way that could allow it to be passed through reconciliation.

Even if it passed it has so many provisions that something could surely be challenged in court.

On the other hand, if any conservatives at all are serious about draining the swamp, this is the way to do it... not releasing an asylum to go on a rampage on Capitol Hill.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I like the idea but wonder what the chances of it realistically passing are. In the Senate the GQP could would filibuster it to an early grave. I doubt it affects the US budget in a way that could allow it to be passed through reconciliation.

Even if it passed it has so many provisions that something could surely be challenged in court.

On the other hand, if any conservatives at all are serious about draining the swamp, this is the way to do it... not releasing an asylum to go on a rampage on Capitol Hill.
Maybe it really is time to end the filibuster.

Top Bottom
1 2