The George Floyd Trial

Huntn

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Is being televised today. Listening on MSNBC. I listened to the testimony of the woman witness, whose recording of the event is credited for there even being a trial. It was heart wrenching hearing it. And so far the defense strategy has to been to frame witnesses as being angery, same for the crowd watching a police officer slowly kill a black man as possibly an excuse why the accused former officer Chauvin had a reasonable reason to torture this man to death, a lot of anger around him, made him angery, hence acquittal? :rolleyes: :mad:

Eric

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
I haven't watched much yet today but the defense not saying a word about the 9 minute video the jurors just watched on the first day was mind blowing, I mean not to even acknowledge it seemed so dismissive of this mans life being snuffed out like that. IMO that will not go over well with the jury.

P_X

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Site Donor
Reaction score
I haven't watched much yet today but the defense not saying a word about the 9 minute video the jurors just watched on the first day was mind blowing, I mean not to even acknowledge it seemed so dismissive of this mans life being snuffed out like that. IMO that will not go over well with the jury.
To me the most shocking thing about the video is actually how Chauvin interfered with the paramedic even checking the carotid pulse on Floyd. Where I come from, that move on its own would be an extra criminal charge.

lizkat

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

I agree. There's nothing he could say though that would not be offensive or worse, a lie... "It wasn't really quite like it looked?"

Eric

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
I agree. There's nothing he could say though that would not be offensive or worse, a lie... "It wasn't really quite like it looked?"
How anyone with an ounce of humanity could watch that poor man pleading for his life while slowly being murdered and not feel something is beyond me, you would have to be a monster. Seriously, it's hard for me not to cry, I have to skip through it.

Alli

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
I listened to much of today's proceedings. Defense is not looking good. Why do they want to create a hostile witness? They were obviously trying with the MMA guy who was at the scene. The testimony from the little girl who shot the video was sad beyond words.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
The lawyers for the defense seem like the Minneapolis cops: bullies. Do they think they can bully the jury with their bravado? Nobody seems to be buying the argument that “force is necessary” vs the video of what Chauvin actually did. I think they miscalculated badly and should have taken a guilty plea. That being said, it only takes one person on the jury, and we know there are a lot of people in this country that might give a white officer a pass for killing a black man.

Eric

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
I listened to much of today's proceedings. Defense is not looking good. Why do they want to create a hostile witness? They were obviously trying with the MMA guy who was at the scene. The testimony from the little girl who shot the video was sad beyond words.
They're going to start calling cops to the stand who will be testifying for the prosecution, it will be interesting to see if they're just as hostile to them.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
They're going to start calling cops to the stand who will be testifying for the prosecution, it will be interesting to see if they're just as hostile to them.
When you’ve got fellow cops testifying against you, why aren’t you just pleading guilty in hopes of a lighter sentence? I think they are hoping there will be TF racist on the jury who votes to acquit.

Eric

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
When you’ve got fellow cops testifying against you, why aren’t you just pleading guilty in hopes of a lighter sentence? I think they are hoping there will be TF racist on the jury who votes to acquit.
Was he offered a deal? Otherwise this may be his best hope.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
A certain (rube) Goldberg on another popular forum has laid out why, in his “medical” opinion, Floyd was just as likely to have died if he was sitting on his couch. The officer on his neck was only a minor contributing factor to his death.

Only question: did he have his robe on while he typed it?

Eric

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
A certain (rube) Goldberg on another popular forum has laid out why, in his “medical” opinion, Floyd was just as likely to have died if he was sitting on his couch. The officer on his neck was only a minor contributing factor to his death.

They showed the video of everything leading up to it and I don't see how anyone who watched that could ever presume he was about to die minutes later, what a ridiculous defense and I don't think anyone's going to buy it. He may have been high but he wasn't on deaths door by any stretch.

That man's testimony who talked to Chauvin both during and after was heartbreaking, really hard to watch him relive that moment and it obviously had a profound impact on him. The defense was smart not to cross examine him.

P_X

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Site Donor
Reaction score

He's a pharmacist, so he wasn't really trained to make these assessments:) I didn't read the autopsy report, but my understanding is he had an underlying hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, which is common amongst black men. Now if somebody is kneeling on your neck, the heart has to work harder to push blood into the brain... it's a vicious cycle. Let's say that's true... He could have had a good chance of getting saved via CPR (it's invented for situations like this). Guess who prevented that from happening?! Seriously, I'm annoyed by this because they want to obfuscate the fact that Floyd died because of Chauvin who could not be stopped because Floyd's killing was "official police business".

thekev

Site Champ
Reaction score

He didn't exactly say that unless I came across the wrong post. He didn't mention the officer's interactions with medical personnel though. Officers should really have zero authority once it becomes a medical situation though. It would help discourage a lot of very stupid actions, even if some idiots still have badges.

Eric

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
He's a pharmacist, so he wasn't really trained to make these assessments:) I didn't read the autopsy report, but my understanding is he had an underlying hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, which is common amongst black men. Now if somebody is kneeling on your neck, the heart has to work harder to push blood into the brain... it's a vicious cycle. Let's say that's true... He could have had a good chance of getting saved via CPR (it's invented for situations like this). Guess who prevented that from happening?! Seriously, I'm annoyed by this because they want to obfuscate the fact that Floyd died because of Chauvin who could not be stopped because Floyd's killing was "official police business".
It'll be interesting to see them explain to the jury why they weren't allowed to help him.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
The whole PRSI thread is people trying to show that they are medical experts as a reason to excuse the murder. “‘I can’t be a racist; I’m a medical expert!!!” They made up their minds about it based on the color of George‘s skin and the uniform of the murderer. Makes me wanna 🤮.

Thomas Veil

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
What's really hard is watching some of the witnesses, like that poor man yesterday on the stand, who broke down in tears just talking about the event. I'm sure some of these people are feeling survivor's guilt, or PTSD, or just some form of asking themselves why they didn't do more to stop it.

You know and I know that you grab a cop (Chauvin) to pull him off, and you probably wind up dead yourself. Then there's the kid who flagged the $20 bill, and others. I'd bet they are blaming themselves in part for how this thing escalated, even though Chauvin is the one who did the deed. This is going to leave psychological scars on many of the peripheral participants and bystanders.

P_X

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Site Donor
Reaction score
What's really hard is watching some of the witnesses, like that poor man yesterday on the stand, who broke down in tears just talking about the event. I'm sure some of these people are feeling survivor's guilt, or PTSD, or just some form of asking themselves why they didn't do more to stop it.

You know and I know that you grab a cop (Chauvin) to pull him off, and you probably wind up dead yourself. Then there's the kid who flagged the $20 bill, and others. I'd bet they are blaming themselves in part for how this thing escalated, even though Chauvin is the one who did the deed. This is going to leave psychological scars on many of the peripheral participants and bystanders.
It's absolutely a mindfuck and definitely traumatizing. They either do the right thing and get labeled as the savage criminals justifying policy brutality, or watch this man die in the hands of cops.

I do worry Chauvin will get away with this... You only need one racist on the jury...

Top Bottom