The George Floyd Trial

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
What the heck is that maniacal laugh at the end? Note Tucker does't even touch on the 15 yr. old shot four times in the chest today.
What the AF? I will never understand why anyone gives Carlson the time of day for their daily dose of news.

How can anybody with even 1/2 a brain take him seriously? That clip shows how his narrative can’t even stand up to the slightest bit of scrutiny, or even somebody on simply telling the truth. The only way he can argue with others is to show out-of-context clips his staff spent hours cherry-picking to make them look a certain way that feeds his racist narrative. If the person is actually there discussing it with him, he can’t last even 30 seconds.

P_X

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Site Donor
Reaction score
If this happened before the age of cell phone and body cameras:
1618974707149.png

JayMysteri0

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score

P_X

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Site Donor
Reaction score

JayMysteri0

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score

"True justice requires that we come to terms with the fact that Black Americans are treated differently, every day. It requires us to recognize that millions of our friends, family, and fellow citizens live in fear that their next encounter with law enforcement could be their last. And it requires us to do the sometimes thankless, often difficult, but always necessary work of making the America we know more like the America we believe in."

JayMysteri0

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
It gives you the feeling that these are the people who want those riots. Who want the images of a "mob of savage animals" to justify what police have been allowed to do without repercussions. These people who would have been happy an officer could get off, to return to duty, and possibly do it again. To have riots take place in a city they will never see or visit, and be happy it's happening there and taking about a "mob of savage of animals". All the while railing about liberal cities, and dangerous environments.

Those persons aren't sharing their views with their Black co workers. There will be limited faux words mumbled to their faces, then more tough guy words about "mobs", "safe spaces", said online and whatever buzz words they don't say to the faces of people they would rather have police confront them instead.

Empathy becomes a more & more endangered species for some.

Eric

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
I’m just amazed at the amount of people upset over him being guilty. Like it was all caught on camera. 🤦🏻‍♂️
I'm choosing not to engage in known dumpster fires like MR or Fox News/right wing media and it's refreshing. Their attitude towards racial injustice of black people is one of many things that lost them the election, especially with the most racist president in history leading the charge. I say let them blabber on with all their hatred, they'll only reinforce a Democratic victory in the midterms.

P_X

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Site Donor
Reaction score
It gives you the feeling that these are the people who want those riots. Who want the images of a "mob of savage animals" to justify what police have been allowed to do without repercussions. These people who would have been happy an officer could get off, to return to duty, and possibly do it again. To have riots take place in a city they will never see or visit, and be happy it's happening there and taking about a "mob of savage of animals". All the while railing about liberal cities, and dangerous environments.

Those persons aren't sharing their views with their Black co workers. There will be limited faux words mumbled to their faces, then more tough guy words about "mobs", "safe spaces", said online and whatever buzz words they don't say to the faces of people they would rather have police confront them instead.

Empathy becomes a more & more endangered species for some.
If I go over r/Conservative, the majority agrees that it was a murder and the verdict was appripriate. They do lean towards saying jurors were intimidated, etc. So it's unfair to say that all of these people are pure evil racists, but I also think many have a very limited perspective. The big picture perspective is that a cop has a less than one-in-a-thousand chance to get convicted for killing committed on duty. I also think that before cellphone cameras, this case would have been closed shut with the police report being the final word. The discrepancy between the press release and what's on the video is the best measure of policing problems in the USA.

Now there is also a minority of voices there that you describe, who DO want property destruction, riots, etc, at best for self-assurance that they are right about "black people and those who side with them are savages" and at worst to actually hurt black communities and people as much as possible.

Lastly, I'd actually be quite happy with seeing a wave of cops leaving the force in response to this verdict, because if this isn't enough for them to call out crimes committed by their colleagues, then they should not be entrusted with the safety of the public. But I could only hope for such self-selection. In reality, "bad apples" do not remove themselves voluntarily.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
If I go over r/Conservative, the majority agrees that it was a murder and the verdict was appripriate. They do lean towards saying jurors were intimidated, etc. So it's unfair to say that all of these people are pure evil racists, but I also think many have a very limited perspective. The big picture perspective is that a cop has a less than one-in-a-thousand chance to get convicted for killing committed on duty. I also think that before cellphone cameras, this case would have been closed shut with the police report being the final word. The discrepancy between the press release and what's on the video is the best measure of policing problems in the USA.

Now there is also a minority of voices there that you describe, who DO want property destruction, riots, etc, at best for self-assurance that they are right about "black people and those who side with them are savages" and at worst to actually hurt black communities and people as much as possible.

Lastly, I'd actually be quite happy with seeing a wave of cops leaving the force in response to this verdict, because if this isn't enough for them to call out crimes committed by their colleagues, then they should not be entrusted with the safety of the public. But I could only hope for such self-selection. In reality, "bad apples" do not remove themselves voluntarily.
Chauvin was the first white cop in the history of Minnesota to be convicted for killing a black person.

And I agree, if a police officer is going to quit because of this verdict, we don’t want them on the force. If you are on the force so you can hurt others and get away with it, good riddance.

DT

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
How can anybody with even 1/2 a brain take him seriously? That clip shows how his narrative can’t even stand up to the slightest bit of scrutiny, or even somebody on simply telling the truth. The only way he can argue with others is to show out-of-context clips his staff spent hours cherry-picking to make them look a certain way that feeds his racist narrative. If the person is actually there discussing it with him, he can’t last even 30 seconds.

This may have been posted before, but WELL worth a re-post, it's amazing, and telling and really breaks that fuckwit down in typical JO style. Warning: some adult language.

P_X

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Site Donor
Reaction score
This may have been posted before, but WELL worth a re-post, it's amazing, and telling and really breaks that fuckwit down in typical JO style. Warning: some adult language.

"some adult language", LOL. I can't watch this with my kids near because they will start screaming "FUCKIIIIIING, FUCKIIIIING!"

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
Hurt bowed out of that thread as soon as the guilty verdict was read. LOL
He’s back now, harping on how the trial should have been moved (as if people outside of Minnesota never heard of George Floyd) and that statements from Maxine Waters (and now comments made by Joe Biden AFTER the trial for some unknown reason) somehow will invalidate the verdict. No imagination - just parroting the same baloney on every right-wing social media site and TV show.

Renzatic

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
He’s back now, harping on how the trial should have been moved (as if people outside of Minnesota never heard of George Floyd) and that statements from Maxine Waters (and now comments made by Joe Biden AFTER the trial for some unknown reason) somehow will invalidate the verdict. No imagination - just parroting the same baloney on every right-wing social media site and TV show.

Everyone has their appeal as of right. I expect Chauvin to take advantage of it, and the usual crowd to babble and scream about the charges being invalidated shortly thereafter.

Top Bottom