fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Replacement theory is apparently also the impetus behind Texas Governor Abbott (and others) pushing to prevent children of immigrants from attending public schools.

The pure cruelty of this is bad enough, but if the GOP is going to complain about gangs, what do you think will happen if millions of immigrant children aren’t allowed to attend school? As long as these MAGA Republicans appeal to the racist base, they literally don’t care how bad the effects of their policies are. An interesting, yet unsurprising tidbit from the interview reminds us of the atrocious Betsy DeVos...

Early in the Trump administration, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos said in a congressional hearing that whether to admit undocumented students was a decision to be made by each district, which is simply false under Plyler. And she had to immediately go back and backtrack, but even that kind of irresponsible comment has an impact.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Replacement theory is apparently also the impetus behind Texas Governor Abbott (and others) pushing to prevent children of immigrants from attending public schools.

The pure cruelty of this is bad enough, but if the GOP is going to complain about gangs, what do you think will happen if millions of immigrant children aren’t allowed to attend school? As long as these MAGA Republicans appeal to the racist base, they literally don’t care how bad the effects of their policies are. An interesting, yet unsurprising tidbit from the interview reminds us of the atrocious Betsy DeVos...
Anyone remember when being so blatantly racist was taboo?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
What’s the real story behind the headlines?

I saw some tweets about this, and didn’t understand based on the article. A 14-year old Afghan refugee died in an “alleged suicide.” That’s sad, but the article says "There were no initial signs of foul play” so why are there tweets about a lynching? Well, what the article fails to point out is that the child died of hanging. And only makes brief mention of the fact that he was severely bullied by other students.

And the school took 11 days before finally agreeing to investigate. And law enforcement isn’t saying anything.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1527482775355346947/

Yoused

up
Vaccinated
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I do not. When was that?

You are a little bit on the youngish side to have actual memories of the late '60s to mid '70s. Generally speaking, racism was highly frowned upon across broader American society, though it obviously thrived in numerous fetid pockets of the country. Those of as who viewed it as an evil naïvely thought it was shrivelling up and falling off like a disused vestigial appendage and were caught off-guard by the intense resurgence of robust vileness in the early '80s.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
You are a little bit on the youngish side to have actual memories of the late '60s to mid '70s. Generally speaking, racism was highly frowned upon across broader American society, though it obviously thrived in numerous fetid pockets of the country. Those of as who viewed it as an evil naïvely thought it was shrivelling up and falling off like a disused vestigial appendage and were caught off-guard by the intense resurgence of robust vileness in the early '80s.
Right, it's always been there festering in the background but Trump brought it back to the mainstream and gave them both a voice and a stage to be so open about it and that's when we started seeing even those laying back come out to the forefront. He made racism great again, not America.

Cmaier

Elite Member
Staff Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
I recall in 1977 being at a dinner with friends of my dad and hearing tons of racism. I complained about it and was told I’d know better when I grew up.

D

Deleted member 215

As someone born in ‘98, I was raised to think racism was something in the “history past”, and was largely over. Maybe it still existed in parts of the south, but otherwise it was over with. I led a very sheltered existence.

Interesting how racism seems to come to the fore every time there’s a conservative resurgence (early 80s, the Trump presidency). That of course does not mean it wasn’t there the whole time, festering. The right likes to blame Obama, saying he was a race-baiter. Yeah, he was, by being a black man in the White House. 🤦🏼‍♂️

rdrr

Site Champ
Vaccinated
Reaction score
As someone born in ‘98, I was raised to think racism was something in the “history past”, and was largely over. Maybe it still existed in parts of the south, but otherwise it was over with. I led a very sheltered existence.

Interesting how racism seems to come to the fore every time there’s a conservative resurgence (early 80s, the Trump presidency). That of course does not mean it wasn’t there the whole time, festering. The right likes to blame Obama, saying he was a race-baiter. Yeah, he was, by being a black man in the White House. 🤦🏼‍♂️
Racism continued throughout the 2000s and not just in the south. It was however put in a dark corner of society and wasn't really spoken about, that was until 2016. Now it seems to be more and more nudging it's way into the mainstream, and you can point to "Very fine people, on both sides" as the beginning of the acceptance by the right.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Reaction score

IF YOUR TIME IS SHORT​

• Fox News host Tucker Carlson has repeatedly invoked the “great replacement theory” on his show, platforming a racist and antisemitic conspiracy theory that has inspired several mass shootings, including the recent attack in Buffalo, New York.
  • A New York Times investigation identified more than 400 episodes of Carlson’s show in which he pushed core tenets of the conspiracy theory.
  • Minutes after claiming he was “still not sure exactly what it is,” Carlson again promoted the theory, claiming that Democrats were conspiring to transform the electorate.

Top Bottom