The Intel NUC (think mac mini)

chagla

Reaction score
OK. I'm a fan. Really cute, small yet pretty powerful for it's size. Price ranges from about $150 and up. You just need to add memory and storage. What's unique is that they have built in mics, so you can just talk to it for web conferencing.

Do you have one? How are you using it?

1604503203129.png

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
OK. I'm a fan. Really cute, small yet pretty powerful for it's size. Price ranges from about $150 and up. You just need to add memory and storage. What's unique is that they have built in mics, so you can just talk to it for web conferencing.

Do you have one? How are you using it?

View attachment 1131
We use them at work. One drives the TV notice board in reception. We also take them to trade shows to drive monitors. But obviously we haven’t been to one of those lately!

chagla

Reaction score
How does this differ from a Raspberry Pi?
Well, Pi's are more for geeks, very small and cheaper than NUC. NUCs are much more power and capable. While Pi's are fun for students, geeks and learners, NUCs can be used at home/offices as powerful desktop replacement, or as a media system with TV. I like both.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
My Mac Mini takes exception to the comparison ...

PISTOLS AT DAWN SIR!!

dogslobber

Power User
Reaction score
I used a NUC as my VMWare server and must say it's very flexible. Most gen 7+ can take up to 64GB of RAM and you can install your own NVMe drive. Compare to a 2018 Mini which I tried to use as a VMWare server, I couldn't get ESXi to recognize the internal SSD so gave up.

Top Bottom
1 2