The Malignancy At Fox News, Can It Be Cured?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Tucker? The guy who haz a sad because

the dancing M&Ms no longer give him wood? The concept of being attracted to young chocolate candy characters is, um, I am not quite sure how to interpret that in a way that fails to make me angry.
The Republicans are all in on the culture war stuff. It’s all they have left since they decided to give up on governing.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
The Republicans are all in on the culture war stuff. It’s all they have left since they decided to give up on governing.

Hell they've about run out of steam if they have nothing left to pick on but amusing and cartoonish characters in candy ads.

Tucker Carlson is a fair examjple of someone wasting what was probably a decent college education.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Tucker Carlson is a fair examjple of someone wasting what was probably a decent college education.
I do not have a college education, but I am relatively articulate, undeniably ignorant and have some genuinely silly ideas. And I am a bit of an arse, but at least I try to keep that part under control, unlike Tucker. It must be the influence of NewsCorp that makes him such a piece of unfettered rankness.

lizkat

Reaction score
I do not have a college education, but I am relatively articulate, undeniably ignorant and have some genuinely silly ideas. And I am a bit of an arse, but at least I try to keep that part under control, unlike Tucker. It must be the influence of NewsCorp that makes him such a piece of unfettered rankness.

You might be giving Fox too much cedit. Tucker strikes me as having brought some rankness to the table there on his own. College doesn't necessarily beat that out of the students it admits... or even lets hang out long enough to graduate.

lizkat

Reaction score
Talking shit on the internet and Fox is soooo much easier than governing.

Scrolling thru Twitter for further context on the matter of certain candies v Tucker Carlson is even easier.

the ongoing saga of candies v carlson.jpg

lizkat

Reaction score
The thing that bothers me about Carlson --and Fox News in general, unfortunately-- is the normalization of lying. I mean when you confront an actual mainstream journo with a misstatement of fact, next thing that happens is a correction in that media outlet. But at Fox, they double down on it, and have upon occasion even issued eyebrow-raising reminders that they're not required to broadcast facts. As for Carlson, back in September he did that interview with The Guardian in which he copped to lying and just shrugged it off.

“I lie. If I’m really cornered or something, I lie…I don’t like lying. I certainly do it, you know, out of weakness — or whatever.”

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
There's already the TFG thread, but THIS????

This makes me want to start a thread ( say it in Samuel L Jackson's voice ) a "This is the stupidest m- f- er I have ever seen"

Does that Faux News idiot NOT know who got the ball rolling on all of this?

GTFO clueless!
Nick-Fury.gif

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
:cautious:
Fox News national security correspondent Jennifer Griffin yet again found herself clarifying misleading comments made by one of her colleagues.

Griffin appeared on Wednesday night’s broadcast of Hannity to provide insight into the ongoing war in Ukraine, in particular the subject of biological research facilities in the country.

A Fox News story earlier on Wednesday that Griffin contributed to detailed Russian accusations that the U.S. is helping develop biological weapons at Ukrainian labs. These claims are “laughable” and an example of Russian disinformation, a senior U.S. defense official said, according to the report.

The report comes a day after Undersecretary of State for Political Affairs Victoria Nuland told Congress that the U.S. was working with Ukrainians to prevent Russia from taking control of the biolabs. She added that it’s a “classic Russian technique to blame on the other guy what they’re planning to do themselves.”

Griffin reiterated these points to Hannity, adding, “That is why White House press secretary Jen Psaki said Moscow’s talk about these biolabs has led to concern by U.S. intelligence that Russia could use chemical or biological weapons in Ukraine to create a false flag operation.”
“Jennifer,” Hannity said, “but we do know that Victoria Nuland admitted that labs existed. What exactly they’re for, we never got clarity on, correct?”

“Well, we do have clarity,” Griffin responded. “I have a fact sheet—that’s what I was just reading—from the Pentagon.”

Griffin, who has been correcting Ukraine-related comments from Fox News hosts and guests over the past month, explained:

“It is a long program that has existed where the Pentagon has partnered with these biolabs. These were Soviet-era labs that—remember the Nunn-Lugar Bill and trying to deal with proliferation when the Soviet Union ended—that is part of this effort to try to clean up those Soviet-era labs and make sure that nothing escapes from those labs. And so the U.S. has been very open about its involvement there with that. But what Russia does is they take that information, distort it, turn it around, and turn it into disinformation.”
China is also backing Russia’s claims.
🤦‍♀️

Top Bottom
1 2