The Malignancy At Fox News, Can It Be Cured?

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score

Colstan

Site Champ
Reaction score
Does anyone still watch cable news? Is Fox News even relevant? For the past three weeks, on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, the top rated shows on cable were WWE and AEW pro wrestling. I watch it with my nephew; he likes watching grown men pretend fight in their underwear. At least in that profession, they stop acting when the show ends. It's not that much different than Fox New, one is a fake facade of folks fighting on television, the other is wrestling.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Does anyone still watch cable news? Is Fox News even relevant? For the past three weeks, on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, the top rated shows on cable were WWE and AEW pro wrestling. I watch it with my nephew; he likes watching grown men pretend fight in their underwear. At least in that profession, they stop acting when the show ends. It's not that much different than Fox New, one is a fake facade of folks fighting on television, the other is wrestling.

I enjoy watching The Beat with Ari Melber because he's wise to laws and his commentary is usually pretty enlightening.

The different networks clearly "lean" in a direction. But I bring this point up; if one party goes off the deep end, there is no "fair" way to report it. The MAGA cult often claims Trump is treated poorly by the press. (Maybe he slept through the Clinton and Bush administrations). But anyways, how can you report on a president who's a piece of shit without it seeming like you're "against" them?

CNN and network news are pretty neutral in many cases, but when one party and their former president are made up of lunatics, it's hard for it not to come across as being "pro-left". Which they clearly are, I'm not saying they're perfect. But damn, "wokeness" is the biggest threat on the left right now, which let's face it, is just equality gone overboard. That seems to me to be a less urgent issue than overthrowing elections, violence and neverending mountains of lies and stupidity.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I enjoy watching The Beat with Ari Melber because he's wise to laws and his commentary is usually pretty enlightening.

The different networks clearly "lean" in a direction. But I bring this point up; if one party goes off the deep end, there is no "fair" way to report it. The MAGA cult often claims Trump is treated poorly by the press. (Maybe he slept through the Clinton and Bush administrations). But anyways, how can you report on a president who's a piece of shit without it seeming like you're "against" them?

CNN and network news are pretty neutral in many cases, but when one party and their former president are made up of lunatics, it's hard for it not to come across as being "pro-left". Which they clearly are, I'm not saying they're perfect. But damn, "wokeness" is the biggest threat on the left right now, which let's face it, is just equality gone overboard. That seems to me to be a less urgent issue than overthrowing elections, violence and neverending mountains of lies and stupidity.
I like MSNBC, yes they're liberal, they have a liberal perspective, but as far as aI know they are not blatant liars, manufacturing bull shit and outright lies for their viewers’ consumption.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Does anyone still watch cable news? Is Fox News even relevant?

Some businesses have a TV or 23 blithering on the wall all day long, sometimes on a real news channel, sometimes on a bullshit news channel. They become relevant in an underlying background noise sort of way. Also, the local OTA Fox channel cluster here has added something called "Live Now" that I expect will eventually morph into their blather channel.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Fox is such a destructive force in our society and we’re just sitting and watching it happen. Talk about being complicit and enablers, all for profit.

I’m beginning to feel a sense of hopelessness, and I’m better off than most Americans.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

But we cannot have people outside a restaurant while Kavanaugh is trying to enjoy his dessert.

Meanwhile, we have this happening in Washington (state):

Seattle police arrested the man outside Jayapal’s house in the Arbor Heights neighborhood at 11:25 p.m. Saturday after she called 911 and reported an unknown person or people were in a vehicle outside, using obscene language, according to the probable cause statement released after the man’s first court appearance Monday. She told a dispatcher her husband thought someone may have fired a pellet gun, but he wasn’t sure, the statement said.

Officers found the man standing in the middle of the street with his hands in the air and a .40-caliber handgun holstered on his waist, the probable cause statement said. Police detained the man and secured the gun.

A neighbor told police she heard the man yell something to the effect of, “Go back to India. I’m going to kill you,” the statement said. The neighbor also saw and heard the man drive by Jayapal’s residence at least three times, yelling profanities, according to the statement.

A detective was assigned to conduct a follow-up investigation and met with Jayapal’s husband, who provided video clips from their home-security system, according to the ERPO petition. In one clip, the last part of the word “India” can be heard, followed by an expletive-laced rant directed at Jayapal, the petition said. In another clip, the man can be seen approaching the house while yelling profanities about being Jayapal’s neighbor, followed by the sound of metal being manipulated.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
I don't know how much effect it would have, but I would encourage people to go to Faux News YouTube videos etc. and post comments pointing out how hypocritical and dishonest they are. Maybe someone reading it would have second thoughts because for now virtually all the comments are in agreement with whatever the host is spewing. They are just not exposed to any differing opinions.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
But we cannot have people outside a restaurant while Kavanaugh is trying to enjoy his dessert.

Meanwhile, we have this happening in Washington (state):

Update: they let the guy go home because they failed to charge him within 72 hours. They did take away his guns though (the ones they know about). He can challenge to get them back after 14 days I believe.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't know how much effect it would have, but I would encourage people to go to Faux News YouTube videos etc. and post comments pointing out how hypocritical and dishonest they are. Maybe someone reading it would have second thoughts because for now virtually all the comments are in agreement with whatever the host is spewing. They are just not exposed to any differing opinions.

Haven’t done it in a while, but I used to sometimes go to the article comments section on the Fox site and it wasn’t all agreement comments. There was some pushing back ranging from left wing trolls to conservatives who don’t like the disingenuous hyperbole in the article or from those commenting..

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
The right are not immune from this beast they are feeding. None of this crap they either push or passively let happen and turn a blind eye to will just happen in some other dimension. These people set up gallows and chanted “Hang Mike Pence”, who was Trump’s personal chode-dabber for four years. They don’t think they’ll be on some nut jobs shit list as soon as they do something said nut job disagrees with?

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
The right are not immune from this beast they are feeding. None of this crap they either push or passively let happen and turn a blind eye to will just happen in some other dimension. These people set up gallows and chanted “Hang Mike Pence”, who was Trump’s personal chode-dabber for four years. They don’t think they’ll be on some nut jobs shit list as soon as they do something said nut job disagrees with?
Doubled edged sword, but they don’t realize if they disagree about anything, they can get cut.

Top Bottom
1 2