MacRumors The MR moderation hypocrisy thread

Anything about MacRumors

Stephen.R

Site Champ
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
Man that Steve guy is really passive aggressive.

They sent a message to me via that weird zen desk support site thing they use - not via email, not via the regular messaging system - *months* ago. I obviously never saw it.

I happened to see it recently and replied asking how the hell they expected people too see it there. "Since you apparently don't often look for Private Conversation messages at MacRumors..."

Did they try to find the most inappropriate people for the job, or was it just a happy coincidence that these knuckle heads were home when they visited the village of the idiots looking for 'staff'?

Scepticalscribe

Elite Member
Staff member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Just got this line as "reasoning":

So much for rules 1 and 2.

Good grief.

This is absolutely unbelieveable, and an utterly outrageous abrogation of responsibility.

So, this means that they refuse to "take sides" in a (dangerously delusional and outrageously irresponsible) discussion on masks - in the middle of an exceptionally lethal and extremely contagious global pandemic - and decide what information in posts is true or false.

And, as we already are all too lamentably aware, they have also chosen to refuse to "take sides" in a debate on whether or not fraud occurred in last year's presidential (and general) election, notwithstanding the sixty or so dismissed legal cases alleging that this had happened, as they do not wish to decide what information in posts is true or false.

While both positions are - to my mind - disgusting and disgraceful, and appallingly irresponsible if one's personal (and political) perspective is informed in any way by the concept of the public good, and the welfare of the state and population, (in public health and democratic politics) - one could perhaps, feebly, fatuously, futilely attempt to make the pathetic argument that these topics (masks, and elections) aren't what MR is supposed to be about, as it is a site dedicated to, and devoted to, discussion of matters related to technology in general, and Mac devices in particular.

But now, in a tech site, a site supposedly dedicated to and devoted to discussion of matters tech, you have received an extraordinary message which states: "The moderators aren't going to take sides in a technical debate and decide what information in posts is true or false."

Appalling.

This pathetic pretence of even-handedness, the peddling of the notion that all thoughts, stances, positions, ideas and mad notions deserve equal prominence and respect and should be treated equally seriously, is not just a nonsense, but is an outrageous abrogation of any responsibility for the content - and the veracity of that content - that appears on their site.

There is a difference between delusional drivel, mad notions, false facts, fake news, that which is simply wrong as a matter of proven fact, and that which is true, or accurate, or proven to be factually correct, and to argue that they should be treated with equal respect is arrant nonsense, and grossly irresponsible.

Stephen.R

Site Champ
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
I mean I know the reason - they just do shit Willy nilly - but I’m not sure I even understand how their argument makes sense.
The issue apparently is because I used the phrase “stop lying”, after his... 8th? Repeated false claim.

I don’t expect any actual change but I’m going to ask for clarification of all of this when I’m allowed off the naughty stool, if for no other reason than to get them to acknowledge that the rules are not enforced as written

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
Just got this line as "reasoning":

So much for rules 1 and 2.
Translation: we aren’t going to uphold any of our rules. They are just there so we have plenty of excuses when we want to ban somebody.

SuperMatt

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
This is one of their most troubled rules that always comes back on them. They should really just remove it.
When I called them on it, they told me I was trolling them. Same with the hoax rule.

But let’s be honest. They have lots of rules so they can always find some rule to stretch if they want to ban somebody they dislike.

Runs For Fun

Site Champ
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
I mean I know the reason - they just do shit Willy nilly - but I’m not sure I even understand how their argument makes sense.
The issue apparently is because I used the phrase “stop lying”, after his... 8th? Repeated false claim.

I don’t expect any actual change but I’m going to ask for clarification of all of this when I’m allowed off the naughty stool, if for no other reason than to get them to acknowledge that the rules are not enforced as written
Yep. Lazy moderation. “Oh I don’t feel like enforcing this rule right now.”

AutomaticApple

Site Champ
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
Yep. Lazy moderation. “Oh I don’t feel like enforcing this rule right now.”
giphy.webp

Ulenspiegel

Vaccinated
Reaction score
Man that Steve guy is really passive aggressive.

They sent a message to me via that weird zen desk support site thing they use - not via email, not via the regular messaging system - *months* ago. I obviously never saw it.

I happened to see it recently and replied asking how the hell they expected people too see it there. "Since you apparently don't often look for Private Conversation messages at MacRumors..."

Did they try to find the most inappropriate people for the job, or was it just a happy coincidence that these knuckle heads were home when they visited the village of the idiots looking for 'staff'?

He is well-known liking to place himself on a high horse. In his case actually - as I have already mentioned - its an intellectual gnome on a pony.

This "-Steve" guy is a degenerate.

I am really interested whether he has guts to join this Forum for a friendly exchange.

I would love to face him here where he is deprived of his false MR whip.

Last edited:

Stephen.R

Site Champ
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
Welp.

Your account has been temporarily suspended by the MacRumors moderator team for making posts that provoke other users and stir up anger, rather than contribute to a discussion.

Let's be clear: you're stating an opinion, and nothing more.

You are of course welcome to do that, but pretending it's some universally accepted "obvious truth" is ridiculous.

Edit:

I'm not even going to both responding to your claims, because it's pointless. You don't want reasons or explanations or solutions. You want to whine about your missing HDMI port. So, whine away.

Top Bottom