The new Corona King

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Where does Trump find these people? Why do others allow things like this to happen? The plan is now to cull the herd with herd immunity. Reading this just infuriates me. Let’s start with

Trump has installed Scott Atlas, a frequent guest on Fox News, to effectively replace Fauci. Although Atlas is a doctor, he is wildly unqualified for the role. Atlas is not an infectious disease expert or epidemiologist. He is a radiologist. His 159-page CVcontains no references to "epidemiology," "epidemic," "virus," or "viral."

Like so many of Trump’s enablers, his interests lie elsewhere (big pharma) and not with the people. He knows little about the subject, and certainly does not have an open mind.

U

User.45

Where does Trump find these people? Why do others allow things like this to happen? The plan is now to cull the herd with herd immunity. Reading this just infuriates me. Let’s start with

Like so many of Trump’s enablers, his interests lie elsewhere (big pharma) and not with the people. He knows little about the subject, and certainly does not have an open mind.
Stanford. Indeed he is a neuro-radiologist. A prolific one. He ventured into health policy the last decade. It would be interesting to see how he got the funding and resources for this... His policy publications are not very well cited, so I would def. not call him a national expert at all. Fauci on the other hand has 50 years of work on ID, and he's one of the chief editors of Harrison, which is the Bible of medicine.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Stanford. Indeed he is a neuro-radiologist. A prolific one. He ventured into health policy the last decade. It would be interesting to see how he got the funding and resources for this... His policy publications are not very well cited, so I would def. not call him a national expert at all. Fauci on the other hand has 50 years of work on ID, and he's one of the chief editors of Harrison, which is the Bible of medicine.

And yet.... Here we are now listening to the radiologist and not listening to the ID guy. Why?

U

User.45

I'd also say that the reason to trust people employed by the federal government better, is that they cannot have industry COI. Atlas' COIs are not unusual, but he definitely lacks qualification...

Fox news BTW has a low threshold for "medical" experts. They featured a guy who analyzed the hydroxychloroquine data who doesn't have any medical or advanced degree in biology, who claimed to be an advisor of at XYZ fancy medical institutions, including mine. I did find his name in our internal directory, but I guess this means I could also be a valid guy for Fox.

Also, where I got upset is actually the masks and herd immunity. Herd immunity is not happening. We will have to repeat this crap every 1-2 year and pray that the virus mutates to be more tame over time... Let's say we go for this strategy, then everybody should wear a mask so if infections happen, they are less severe.

U

User.45

HC changed my opinion about Elon Musk too. He dunning-krugered the hell out of that issue. He was incredibly confidently ignorant about it.

U

User.45

Shit, Trump put the MyPillow guy over Fauci so who knows. There's no way we'll get a real handle on this virus with him in office.
It's impossible to stay in the loop with all this horseshit going on. Oleander doesn't have a single peer reviewed thing on it related to COVID. The one that is preprint (i.e. NOT peer reviewed) is still just an in vitro analysis on some cell cultures. Even HC had more evidence going for it 5 months ago...

"Lindell said he hoped the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) would consider its approval soon if not sooner."
What pisses me off is they are talking about FDA approval, whereas they couldn't even produce animal data yet on the matter. The data isn't there (yet?) to justify a human trial, not an FDA approval. These people deserve no public platform. Seriously.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It's impossible to stay in the loop with all this horseshit going on. Oleander doesn't have a single peer reviewed thing on it related to COVID. The one that is preprint (i.e. NOT peer reviewed) is still just an in vitro analysis on some cell cultures. Even HC had more evidence going for it 5 months ago...

"Lindell said he hoped the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) would consider its approval soon if not sooner."
What pisses me off is they are talking about FDA approval, whereas they couldn't even produce animal data yet on the matter. The data isn't there (yet?) to justify a human trial, not an FDA approval. These people deserve no public platform. Seriously.
My biggest concern is that parading all of these "experts" around, along with the true medical scientists, sews mistrust with the American people. If/when Biden takes over and tries to re-assemble the system properly it will take a lot of rebuilding for people to have faith in them again. It's also not going to help in encouraging everyone to get vaccinated.

U

User.45

My biggest concern is that parading all of these "experts" around, along with the true medical scientists, sews mistrust with the American people. If/when Biden takes over and tries to re-assemble the system properly it will take a lot of rebuilding for people to have faith in them again. It's also not going to help in encouraging everyone to get vaccinated.
That includes me...If I have vaccine A that is released before phase III trial completes, and there's vaccine B coming out 3-4months later with complete phase III data. I'll go for vaccine B.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

This administration wants to do like Russia. Just vaccinate the entire population with whatever and be done with it.

They
Don’t
Care.

U

User.45

This administration wants to do like Russia. Just vaccinate the entire population with whatever and be done with it.

They
Don’t
Care.
Someone posted the backstory on the Sputnik satellites on MR. Essentially, premature tech deployed to own the Yanks. Just like their similarly named vaccine.

Top Bottom
1 2