The official Florida man thread

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

[Florida] To be fair, driving a golf cart naked through a police line is a pretty standard way to handle a standoff in Florida​

Naked woman drove golf cart through armed standoff in Dunedin, deputy says​

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

[Florida] To be fair, driving a golf cart naked through a police line is a pretty standard way to handle a standoff in Florida​

Naked woman drove golf cart through armed standoff in Dunedin, deputy says​

The story of the teenager with the gun they were trying to deal with was pretty bad too. The link is within the story - he stole a gun, then ran away from cops onto the roof of a building, shooting himself in the leg on the way, then engaging in a 6-hour standoff? He’s lucky he didn’t bleed out during that time. Only in Florida are you dealing with something that insane, only to be interrupted by a drunk lady with no clothing on a golf cart…..

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
e6w.gif

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1436908896937992196/

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score

He led police on a chase on a kayak, then on foot. Cops say they caught him with lobsters in his pockets.​

Come on! You make it sound like that hasn't happened to all of us at one time or another.

WTF with Activision, hahaha ...

“There were several other tweets directed toward Activision Games in reference to their video games, derogatory comments about their executives, and other current litigation issues,”
I know I've almost lost it several times waiting for Mattel to being back Intellivision.

2021-03-20-image-3.jpg

If it takes much longer, I'm not gonna be responsible for my actions.

Just kidding there, Homeland Security.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Come on! You make it sound like that hasn't happened to all of us at one time or another.

He had a bunch of undersized tails in his pockets, that's a pretty nasty fine (outside of the felony evasion).

At least he was catching them in season :D

I know I've almost lost it several times waiting for Mattel to being back Intellivision.

Oh man, that was a fun system, I loved Sea Battle, and the first D&D game they released was excellent too. Pretty clever, with the keypad and overlays that came with each game (to show the button functions).

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
this guy had some balls in who he scammed.

Ocoee man sentenced to federal prison after stealing state, federal legislator identities​

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

I thought we could use an uplifting story about Florida man:

Florida man bought wooden plaque at garage sale to use for gun repair, turned out to contain Louisiana's long lost moon rock​

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score

I thought we could use an uplifting story about Florida man:...​

I was just thinking along similar lines. Y'all have probably seen this by now, but fair's fair. Here's a Florida man who actually did something laudable.

(Might've been smarter to call the game warden, though.)

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
only in florida.

BAL HARBOUR, FLA. (WSVN) - Miami-Dade Police have confirmed what was once called a “clandestine lab” inside of a unit of a high-rise in Bal Harbour was indeed a meth lab.

Three floors were evacuated Monday night after, police said, officers discovered the components of what they now confirm was a meth lab.

7SkyForce hovered above the scene as first responders entered the Majestic Towers, located at 9601 Collins Ave., just after 4 p.m., Monday.

Several Bal Harbour Police and Miami-Dade Fire Rescue units were also seen pulling up to the condominium, which is located one block south of Bal Harbour Shops.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
While Texas is all about bringing the mad & sad, Florida is about the comedy

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1445892174701154313/
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1445913862637817858/
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1445896964999192581/
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1445901497447837696/
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1445897275947905024/

In case you are not scratching your head yet in amazement

Joseph Ladapo—the doctor appointed on Tuesday as Florida's new surgeon general by Republican Governor Ron DeSantis—once appeared in a COVID-19 conspiracy video featuring Dr. Stella Immanuel. Immanuel, a pediatrician and religious minister, gained notoriety in 2020 for her bizarre theories, including that "demonic seed" causes endometriosis and ovarian cysts.

In July 2020, Ladapo appeared in a 43-minute viral video as part of a group called America's Frontline Doctors. None of the doctors in the video were epidemiologists or immunologists best qualified to speak on infectious diseases, Rolling Stone reported at the time. The doctors' recorded speech was organized by the Tea Party Patriots, a right-wing group backed by wealthy Republican donors.

The video promoted hydroxychloroquine as a "cure" for COVID-19, even though studies haven't substantiated that claim. The video also said that masks do not slow the virus' spread and that COVID-19 is less deadly than the flu. Both claims are untrue.

The video received millions of views when then-President Donald Trump, his son Donald Trump Jr. and other right-wing media figures shared the clip on their social media accounts. Facebook, YouTube and Twitter all removed the video for violating their policies on sharing COVID-19 misinformation.
:greenthumb:

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Couple Busted For Defrauding Homeowners Through Fraudulent Pool Business
The husband and wife owners of a swimming pool company face multiple charges for allegedly defrauding nearly 150 Floridians out of at least $2 million.

"They systematically set out with a plan to defraud homeowners along the Treasure Coast and other counties."

FDLE Special Agent Lee Massie says Chrystal and Brian Washburn operated Amore Pools out of Vero Beach, taking large deposits for new pool installations and then either leaving the work unfinished or never starting it.

Some of the victims were left with giant holes in their backyards, resulting in the foundation of their home becoming unstable.

The victims span six counties: Brevard, Indian River, Martin, Okeechobee, Palm Beach and St. Lucie, and Massie says the suspects were attempting to branch out to more areas of the state.

Top Bottom
1 2