The origins of Parler

U

User.45

It's big of you to look at it that way but doesn't make it any less disgusting. When you look back in history, even in our lifetimes, the level of hatred leveled towards black people simply for the color of their skin is sickening and makes me doubt humanity as a whole sometimes.
It's not about being forgiving though. Quite the opposite. It's about picking battles. I let them know that I've registered what they've said in a similar dog whistle fashion and I place the person on my permanent shit list. Some cops love to do this BTW.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Trump would prefer Collins had landed in the runoff rather than Loeffler. No clue if that will have bearing on GOP turnout in that run off versus Raphael Warnock, who is African American.

Do the Trump followers now hanging out on Parler sit out the runoff in Georgia, or write in Collins? Either way seems like they'll split or reduce the vote if they don't turn out for Loeffler, so will be giving a leg up to Democrat Warnock for that seat.

The other one, Democrat Jon Ossoff v Republican incumbent David Perdue... Turnout should equal that for Warnock on the Dem side for the other seat in the run off voting, but you never know. The argument against Perdue is he's self-dealing and made racist mockery of a peer and colleague in the Senate , who is now Biden's VP Elect, Kamala Harris. Seems like folks voting for Warnock wold be voting against Perdue ,so also a boost for the Dems.

The thing is though, this is Georgia. Voter suppression and intimidation are not out of the question at all, even though Stacey Abrams did a great job bumping up awareness and registration for the general election.

Money is pouring in now from the right for the runoff and I don't know if the Dems are matching it. It may come down to whether the Georgia activists can turn out the huge number of young Georgians who reggied but did not vote in November. Who were they, which party? I don't know that but it was a couple hundred thousand potential voters.

If they are right leaning and as dumb as those now posting on Parler, then maybe the Dems have a real shot at taking both seats and tying up the Senate so Harris is a deciding vote. In that case McConnell loses his majority leader slot because with a tied Senate, the majority leadership post goes to the party of the President, so a Dem, likely Schumer.

Still feels like a pipe dream to me. We've been down too long now in the Senate... my rose colored glasses for that chamger have long since grown dim.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Money is pouring in now from the right for the runoff and I don't know if the Dems are matching it. It may come down to whether the Georgia activists can turn out the huge number of young Georgians who reggied but did not vote in November. Who were they, which party? I don't know that but it was a couple hundred thousand potential voters.
I’ve sent in my donation to both campaigns. Let’s just hope Georgians prove themselves smarter than Alabamians. (I’m still shaking my head over Tuberville’s election...I wonder if I can get him to pay my medical fees for the constant sore neck, head, and ringing in my ears....)

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I’ve sent in my donation to both campaigns. Let’s just hope Georgians prove themselves smarter than Alabamians. (I’m still shaking my head over Tuberville’s election...I wonder if I can get him to pay my medical fees for the constant sore neck, head, and ringing in my ears....)

Yah, unfortunately Alabama was not likely to re-elect Doug Jones, which is too bad for Alabamians and the USA overall, since he had brought impressive credentials and thoughtfulness to the Senate seat he won when defeating Roy Moore in that special election. And It's not like Doug Jones is in the Dems' leftmost spectrum of elected officials. He was a good pick by the Dems to compete for that seat.

Tuberville though... wow, could the GOP not at least come up with someone competent? Or at least someone who doesn't launch his Senator-Elect status by suggesting he'll do (illegal) fundraising from his temporary offices? One hates to be reduced to saying "well at least he's not Roy Moore...."

On the campaign trail, Tuberville ducked interviews and declined debates, and now we all get to see why. With the job in the bag, this week, he gave an interview to Alabama Daily News in which he said so many stupid things that ADN’s site crashed from all the folks coming to gawk at it.

Tuberville said he’s eager to get to work and he already has an office set up in D.C. “Right now, it’s a temporary office,” he said. “Now, it is five rooms, it’s huge, there in the Dirksen Building. But it’s something that gives you somewhere to work out of, whether it’s interviewing, whether it’s fundraising like we’ll do for Georgia. It gives you a place to work.

"A place to work," right....

18 USC Ch. 29: ELECTIONS AND POLITICAL ACTIVITIES §607. Place of solicitation​

(a) Prohibition.-

(1) In general.-It shall be unlawful for any person to solicit or receive a donation of money or other thing of value in connection with a Federal, State, or local election from a person who is located in a room or building occupied in the discharge of official duties by an officer or employee of the United States. It shall be unlawful for an individual who is an officer or employee of the Federal Government, including the President, Vice President, and Members of Congress, to solicit or receive a donation of money or other thing of value in connection with a Federal, State, or local election, while in any room or building occupied in the discharge of official duties by an officer or employee of the United States, from any person.

(2) Penalty.-A person who violates this section shall be fined not more than $5,000, imprisoned not more than 3 years, or both.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Haven’t read this whole thread but Ricky Schroder announced, on Twitter, that he’s joined Parler. He also encouraged his followers to leave Twitter for Parler.

What the fuck, Ricky? You and Chachi are ruining my childhood memories.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Apparently someone took a look at the code that was sniped, and it appears to be WP related, so they think it's actually from a blog type platform that's part of Parler. I'll find the Tweet ...

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think you mean follower.
We wish.

F96D3822-9957-47CA-B54F-992192A71E54.jpeg

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
"But, but I used MAGA but with fours! How could anyone break M4G4?? Dem hackers in league with Satan, that's who!!"

No kidding. Half the passwords on there are BOOBS and 12345.

Edit: Damn it, now I have a few passwords to update. 😂

Top Bottom
1 2