The Pardons Commence, & Not Just For Thanksgiving Turkeys

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I often point out the fallacy of saying we have to “save the planet.” The planet will be fine. It has been fine for billions of years. The question is do we want to be around for much longer or do we destroy our own habitat, die off and clear the way for other species to fill the gap over the millions of years that follow after humanity is gone.

The problem is even though a lot of us think the planet's in trouble, and also think we are contributors to the problem, too many of us still think "someone else" should be doing more about it before we inconvenience ourselves. This goes for the governments of some countries, too, not just ordinary citizens in those countries or regions. I'm hoping the USA will get back on a better side of the ledger in that regard under Biden. At least we know he means to rejoin the Paris Climate Accord that Trump just finalized walking out of.

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
We are a fungus. A writhing mass of parasitism. Mother Earth is all itchy from the yeast infection all over her surface and will almost certainly be glad to cleanse herself of our budding billions. My brother says that if he had a vial of something that, upon release, would render all humans infertile, that thing would be open so fast. I can see his point.

I agree. We really do act like a parasite. We infect every part of the planet, we damage it’s ecosystem, we consume it’s resources without any regard for the health of the host. It’s a pretty apt comparison if you ask me.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Yeah, Billy fuBarr was supposed to keep his people from uncovering embarrassing stuff. He might be looking for a job soon.

He might be thinking that he needs to play this one on the up and up if he ever wants to work again outside of a prison laundry.

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
Let's see... Trump pardons Blagojevich, who was serving time for trying to sell Barack Obama's vacated senate seat, and suddenly they get the idea of selling political favors? Coincidence? Yeah, probably a coincidence. They are all equally corrupted.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Let's see... Trump pardons Blagojevich, who was serving time for trying to sell Barack Obama's vacated senate seat, and suddenly they get the idea of selling political favors? Coincidence? Yeah, probably a coincidence. They are all equally corrupted.
We are thinking along the same lines. I just posted something similar in TOP.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting take on how Pence will forgive Trump his sins. Pardon me? Pardon you, Mr President.

But would Trump trust Pence? I’d laugh my ass off if after that happened, Pence’s inner self emerged to say Burn, baby, burn you POS! And there is still the Southern District of New York breathing fire, or at least I hope they still are. If The Shit walks away from this unscathed, I’ll be thoroughly depressed and questioning the state of our legal system even more than I Do now. :oops:😷

Top Bottom
1 2