'The President Just Committed a Felony': Telling NC Residents to Vote Twice, Openly Encouraging Voter Fraud

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Not that Republicans will hold him accountable, but President Trump committed a felony by openly calling for NC residents to break the law by voting twice. What's not clear is just how ignorant the president is here, one could argue he simply doesn't understand and most would find that believable. However, even Barr pretended not to know, either.

From CommonDreams
"Voter fraud is nearly nonexistent. And the only one encouraging it is Donald Trump, in a desperate attempt to create chaos and sow doubt.

It is a felony under North Carolina law to vote more than once or "induce" others to do so, but that didn't stop President Donald Trump from openly encouraging residents of the state to attempt to cast two ballots in the November election in an interview with a local reporter Wednesday."

trump_dontknow.jpg

Citizenzen

Power User
Reaction score
... one could argue he simply doesn't understand ...

Please let’s dispense with that old canard. Trump may be stupid and demented, but bullying, lying and trying to get away with shit are his way of life. He is merely reverting back to grade school logic of “if I think you’re cheating me, then I’m going to cheat you.” Unfortunately, when you’re a paranoid, criminal idiot, you think EVERYBODY is out to cheat you. Trump is not ignorant. He is cunning, and always willing to strike the first blow.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Please let’s dispense with that old canard. Trump may be stupid and demented, but bullying, lying and trying to get away with shit are his way of life. He is merely reverting back to grade school logic of “if I think you’re cheating me, then I’m going to cheat you.” Unfortunately, when you’re a paranoid, criminal idiot, you think EVERYBODY is out to cheat you. Trump is not ignorant. He is cunning, and always willing to strike the first blow.
Exactly, at the very least it creates mistrust in the system and that's where he does that most damage.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
My favorite thing about the interview, is Barr was ready to counter the statement about him being AG, but at least he agreed on that one. The whole interview isn't great. Barr is one of the most cynical people I've seen in a while, but at least he's smart.

And that’s what makes him most dangerous.

I want to know what’s going to happen when thousands of Republican voters are arrested for attempting to vote twice.

U

User.45

And that’s what makes him most dangerous.

I want to know what’s going to happen when thousands of Republican voters are arrested for attempting to vote twice.
Trump may go from being behind Barr to be behind bars.
(unlikely)

U

User.45

I wasn't aware that Trump repeated these statements, so there's no ambiguity. To the reporter he uses a passive voice, but in his "speech" he directly addresses his voters to commit fraud. Ms McPunani (sorry) is so pathetic trying to explain things away. #HarvardLaw.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I wasn't aware that Trump repeated these statements, so there's no ambiguity. To the reporter he uses a passive voice, but in his "speech" he directly addresses his voters to commit fraud. Ms McPunani (sorry) is so pathetic trying to explain things away. #HarvardLaw.

IMO his main goal is to sew mistrust and cause chaos/confusion during the election. I just don't know how we're supposed to even respond to all of these things, we've never seen anything like it from any other president in history and I don't think we're going to have a solution in less than 2 months. One thing is for sure, we know how much one man can scorch the earth without any consequences or checks.

U

User.45

IMO his main goal is to sew mistrust and cause chaos/confusion during the election. I just don't know how we're supposed to even respond to all of these things, we've never seen anything like it from any other president in history and I don't think we're going to have a solution in less than 2 months. One thing is for sure, we know how much one man can scorch the earth without any consequences or checks.
Yep. His motives are clear. I'll request an absentee ballot for sure. Not that it matters, my state is almost perfectly blue.

Top Bottom
1 2