OP
Huntn

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
* Or something similiar.

I spent some time this morning scratching my head as to why all the icons in the toolbar at the top of posts were grayed out. Unlike MRs that uses a round sprocket gear to put you in code view (example except use square brackets {B}bold{/B} = Bold, this site uses that bracket icon for code view. Problem solved. :)

I actually started this post asking if anyone was having issues pulling up emoticons, then noticed that everything was grayed out except for those brackets. Finally, I just had to select those to solve the mystery. Never mind I must have used that feature previously which I frequently do when composing posts with links. šŸ˜¬

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I believe it's so you can totally disable any automatic insertion of bbcode from the toolbar, personally I don't see the point because you can use it manually either way but it's just an option. As for MR, they're using an older version of this board and there's been quite a few enhancements made to the toolbar specifically since then.

OP
Huntn

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
I believe it's so you can totally disable any automatic insertion of bbcode from the toolbar, personally I don't see the point because you can use it manually either way but it's just an option. As for MR, they're using an older version of this board and there's been quite a few enhancements made to the toolbar specifically since then.
Usually what I do is after inserting enlarged text or certain modified elements, then I hit the disable code button, so I can quickly enter default text.

lizkat

Leftie in the Sticks
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score

Over in MR I guess when we entered edit mode on some post already made, it automatically showed any BB code we had entered ourselves for stuff like say quote and end-quote enclosures, although not the code that had been auto-inserted via using toolbar icons for italicizing, bolding etc.

I'm notorious for fast but extremely inaccurate typing and the first time I posted something here with quoted material in it and went back to edit it, I was mystified to find my botched quoted items still formatted -- as best as the poor system could figure from my unpaired coding instructions. At first I couldn't figure that I needed to toggle to BB code within edit mode to see formatting code I had entered myself. Finally found the bracket symbols in the toolbar would get me there. Live and learn.

But I appreciate all the work you've done to tweak the site, it does keep looking better and better.

Top Bottom