The reckoning begins... facing criminal charges for January 6th.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
It's good that the therapist part came up. I don't expect she will have a license to practice following this incident.

One can hope not but the USA is not what I thought it was four years ago and even less so by the 7th of January.

Re my remark about sitting in a papa bear's chair: It was actually another insurrectionist who was sitting in the chair the veep had been using during the interrupted proceedings. Presumably she's also been arrested too?

"What were these people thinking" keeps running through my mind even all these days later.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
And can you guess how MAGAs interpret stuff like this? That he didn't incite the riot on the 6th because this shows it was planned before the 6th and the FBI have cleared him. I kid you not

View attachment 2741
Look at T-shrimp on PRSI - he claims that Trump’s speech didn’t incite anything because he didn’t specifically say “break the windows of the Capitol and murder a policeman by beating him to death.” These people are utterly full of rancid 💩.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
And can you guess how MAGAs interpret stuff like this? That he didn't incite the riot on the 6th because this shows it was planned before the 6th and the FBI have cleared him. I kid you not

We desperately need a rollseye emote here.

But let's face it, these people wouldn't accept reality if it sat on their face, and flicked them in the balls. They'll always have an excuse and counterexcuse for every contingency.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I can’t. I’ve been banned for a year for saying mean things to far fright disenfranchised victims 3 times and for exposing a white guy pretending to be black guy in the political news section. 🤷🏼‍♀️🤷‍♂️
You annoyed the white supremacist mods. I am banned too but I can read all forums... I am prevented from posting in PRSI or political news though. I suggested that 4 years of following Trump may have turned his followers’ minds into grape jelly. Apparently, this is more offensive than the straight-up racist and homophobic content still on the site even though it‘s been reported.

lizkat

Reaction score
This piece discusses several people identified and charged as participants in the insurrection; some have not yet been arrested, One is an Army reservist from New Jersey with a secret-level security clearance who apparently has posted extremist views on social media for a long time. Not clear how his clearance has been retained but I think they're only rechecked periodically or when a posting is changed.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1351001929963483137/

lizkat

Reaction score
Wow, zip-tie boy's mama was charged for having been there too.., per piece cited in above tweet.

Lisa Eisenhart -- the mother of Eric Munchel, a Nashville man who was arrested last week and identified by authorities as a person pictured carrying zip ties in the building -- was taken into custody in Tennessee on Saturday. She's charged with breaking into the Capitol and disorderly conduct, according to the Justice Department.

According to a charging document, Eisenhart is seen on video footage holding flex cuffs, or plastic restraints, as she chases police officers as part of a mob inside the building.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

lizkat

Reaction score

Initially I thought 22 is too young for her to comprehend the seriousness of what she did and attempted to do. But then I realized there are people that age and younger who shoot and kill people. So screw her.

It has occurred to me that for some reason a lot of the younger generations seem less mature in their 20s than used to be the case. Dunno if it's "helicopter parenting" or the lack of supervision while the kid lives in relatively or highly privileged circumstances... so not a lot of experience having to sort things out in a real world.

Anyway there are at least two generations now among the (admittedly now fairly shredded) middle class in the USA who have been allowed to sit in their bedrooms entertaining themselves in a sheltered world that has provided them --and their imaginations-- their own TVs, desktops, laptops, tablets and phones since they were around 11 (or even younger sometimes).

But you can't tell me that a 22-yo toting a gun into the US Capitol and herding some folks ahead of her in the process doesn't realize she's already doing something very wrong. That's before we get to the part about intention to peddle a stolen laptop to "Russian intelligence"... even if there's nothing on it but a bunch of powerpoint presentations and talking points that have already been broadcast.

So yeah. At 22 one might be immature but way past "the age of reason" even in an era short on appreciation of facts, premises, logic... maybe even short the wit to come in outta the rain. In the past four years in particular, a lot of Americans seem to have latched on to an idea that the rule of law is pretty elastic when it comes to what one personally wishes to do. Wonder where people got that idea...

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Absolutely frightening stuff. 😱
Jessica Watkins, the alleged founder of an Ohio militia, had instructions to make explosives out of bleach printed out at her home, according to the court document.

Chilling messages sent between the militants during the siege that are quoted in the complaint appear to indicate they were searching for lawmakers inside the building as they sought to stop Congress from certifying the presidential election.

While at the Capitol, one alleged member of the conspiracy, Thomas Edward Caldwell, allegedly received a Facebook message reading "All members are in the tunnels under capital seal them in. Turn on gas."

In subsequent messages, an unidentified person appeared to give Caldwell directions inside the labyrinthian government building:

"Tom all legislators are down in the Tunnels 3floors down" one says. "Go through back house chamber doors facing N left down hallway down steps," says another, according to court documents.
My bold

Lo what the tea party has wrought: murderous traitors. 😡

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Headline of the Week. 😁

601F9AAC-0095-4279-AA38-58A69B6961EA.jpeg

lizkat

Reaction score
Well there are apparently lots and lots of pics... sometimes even of the same former Marine doing the same type of violent thing at least three times during the insurrection and turning up on video, but later on (after being arrested) claiming he was "caught up in the moment." A popular plea lately. It won't help that he even gave an interview to CNN after he gave his "moment" up to some Mace sprayed in his eyes.

In three separate incidents throughout the hours-long siege — each of them caught on video — Shively, 53, allegedly shoved, punched, and kicked officers who had tried to keep him from charging the building.

Once he was finally persuaded to stand down — by a spray of Mace to his eyes — he gave an interview to CNN.

“We broke down the barriers. We rushed them. We charged them,” he said. “They started getting rough with us, so we had to push ’em back. That’s what we did.”

Getting caught up in a moment apparently comes down to who clocks it and for how long.

Top Bottom
1 2