The reckoning begins... facing criminal charges for January 6th.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
This piece discusses several people identified and charged as participants in the insurrection; some have not yet been arrested, One is an Army reservist from New Jersey with a secret-level security clearance who apparently has posted extremist views on social media for a long time. Not clear how his clearance has been retained but I think they're only rechecked periodically or when a posting is changed.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1351001929963483137/

I can't speak for the US, but mine were issued for five years at a time, and it was an exhaustive process (taking months), which would have to be repeated when the security clearance required renewal.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I can't speak for the US, but mine were issued for five years at a time, and it was an exhaustive process (taking months), which would have to be repeated when the security clearance required renewal.
Pretty much the same here. I remember every few years my husband would bitch and moan about filling out the same damn paperwork, and then the nice lady would make an appearance to ask us questions and visit our best friends (since he started out as a Canadian citizen).

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
He was a gentle, nice guy... until he wasn’t:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
tenor.gif

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1352722209861726213/

Do you just want to save us time now, and admit a few things?

"Uh, Mr. Trebek, I'll take stupid things a guilty person might say for $200."

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

Wow...

Asked if there were firearms or other weapons in the home, she said "not anymore, no," adding that she had taken them out after she learned that Stager was going to be arrested.

Kathy Littell said Stager was a "wonderful father" with "two great kids," and related how Stager had volunteered to help make bird boxes for an art project that one of his children's classes was doing. She said he had never shown any violent tendencies around her. "As a matter of fact, I don't think he's ever even spanked the kids," she said. "He's more of a talker."

The government's sole witness, FBI agent Brian Ambrose, a member of the Joint Terrorism Task Force, was among the agents who arrested Stager in Conway. He was in court Friday to provide details of Stager's alleged involvement in the attack on the Capitol as portrayed in the two videos in evidence and the criminal complaint.

"In the video we saw, does Mr. Stager talk about Antifa?" Williams asked, addressing a comment that an informant told the FBI that Stager had made sometime after the attack, saying he thought the person he was hitting was an Antifa infiltrator.

"No," Ambrose replied.

"Who was he indicating that death was the only remedy for?" Williams asked.

"Capitol Police," Ambrose replied.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
His boss refused to even look at the video of the assault when reporters asked... so either his friends are big-time sympathizers of the Trump insurrection movement, or the propaganda speech by Donald incited a mob of normally non-violent people to become extremely violent... or a bit of both. Trump needs to be prevented from ever running for office again, and I hope criminal charges start to be filed soon.

lizkat

Reaction score
Yes, the nation is SO divided over YOU PERSONALLY, Josh Hawley. Seriously, if you fell down a well tomorrow, I wouldn’t notice. I never heard of you until I saw you cheering on the terrorists.

Too bad the voters of Missouri ever put Josh Hawley in to replace Claire McCaskill. Whatever one thought of her then as a Senator or thinks now of her as a television commentator, she was clearly never going to disgrace the office she served in the way Hawley has done.

Meanwhile not long after the elections in November, some guy who I guess would be more fond of Hawley than of McCaskill was busted way out in in Utah, interrupting his journey to Missouri and a self-described mission "to kill McCaskill if she's not already dead." He was arrested for making a threat of terrorism, failing to stop at the command of police, reckless driving, speeding (130 mph), DUI and drug possession.

Folks need to stop compromising their own future freedom by emulating Trump in saying or doing whatever comes to mind next. Weird how these guys are all up about law and order except when it comes to their own behavior.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score

Um, yeah. Thoughts and prayers, and all that bullshit.
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1352722209861726213/

Do you just want to save us time now, and admit a few things?

"Uh, Mr. Trebek, I'll take stupid things a guilty person might say for $200."
Love that picture of Hawley. It goes so well with Bill Maher’s description of him as “Most Punchable Face”.

lizkat

Reaction score
Love that picture of Hawley. It goes so well with Bill Maher’s description of him as “Most Punchable Face”.
That's the face of a man who perhaps has finally read the Constitution and absorbed from it a picture that includes not only his freedoms but his responsibilities and an outline of what can happen when failing to meet the latter.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
"Oh it was just a few people taking selfies with security guards in the Capitol"

Uh huh, sure...

lizkat

Reaction score
"Oh it was just a few people taking selfies with security guards in the Capitol"

Uh huh, sure...

Yeah how can GOP members of Congress ignore stuff like that threat -- or the fact that Ilhan Omar had recevied so many death threats in the Trump era that during the incursion, the security details for Congressional leadership also stashed her in the special safe space with those leaders, being pretty sure she had a target on her back.

Some other folks that should be brought up on a charge (or censured in chamber) include the idiots among GOP huddled in a closed space with other members of Congress for a couple hours during the insurrection... but refusing to wear masks even when implored to do so by elderly members... their own peers.... and even when the sergeant at arms had asked them to do so out of respect for covid's known contagion and the crowded venue. Inexcusable politicization of public health issue. Unforgivable. This is all down to Trump too, but see it had long since been made into part of the litmus test for "real Republicans" in this godforsaken version of a political party that plenty doctors of medicine used to be proud to belong to...

Top Bottom
1 2