The reckoning begins... facing criminal charges for January 6th.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
This guy who saw it coming talked about it in a GQ interview

Pretty interesting. He says not likely to be another "thing" in DC since inauguration is handled by FBI and Secret Service... but that unrest in state capitals is a possibililty.

There was already something happening down at the Kentucky state capitol. Hard to tell if that's about a Dem governor's covid restrictions, which are unpopular, or what. But there was an armed assembly of "patriots" occurring.

Last edited:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
None of this fallout is going to make a damn bit of difference to Trump supporters unless their news sources are quite publically held accountable and at the very least forced to apologize for promoting conspiracy theories as fact. Short of that, they will just see the rest of this fallout as deep state.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I can’t disagree with any of that analysis. It was pretty clear that many of those that broke in had no idea what they were doing. Rudderless was the word that came to my mind watching it unfold. They walked around in a sort of trance, like mindless zombies not quite sure what to do and why they were there...
Yeah, that was my impression too...that they were a bunch of Trump zombies who believed the story that they were going to get some kind of signal from Trump on what to do to seize the government.

As it turned out, they couldn't find any of the politicians they wanted to hang (thank God!), so they ended up just wandering around.

Next time (and I really do believe there will be a next time) they will be more organized, and will come with their own plan.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Is there any technology that can tell the authorities what cell phones were in the building at the time? I know that can probably be tracked if you actually have the phone numbers, but I'm talking a blanket report of every cell that was there during the time period of the riots.

I swear 3/4ths of these clowns probably wouldn't have entered the building if they thought they'd be incapable of taking videos and pictures to share with their friends.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yup. I posted about this in the other thread. You can get a report of each and every phone connecting to a tower.

But can it drill down to phones in the actual building? I see all these true crime docs talking about cell tower triangulation but nothing about GPS specific data. It’s all “they were in this rough vicinity”. That’s not specific enough in these circumstances. There were plenty of idiots who weren’t next level idiots and went in the building.

How a lot of them were just allowed to leave blows me away.

U

User.45

I swear 3/4ths of these clowns probably wouldn't have entered the building if they thought they'd be incapable of taking videos and pictures to share with their friends.
You're spot on again. The personal level motivation of many of these guys is to break their invisibility and to be finally taken seriously.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
You're spot on again. The personal level motivation of many of these guys is to break their invisibility and to be finally taken seriously.

The funny thing is we'd usually have to rely on surveillance cameras on the property to help identify the criminals but instead we got even better images freely shared by the criminals taken by their fellow criminals.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

Anyone beating on a overwhelmed cop with the staff of an American flag is at least going to lose invisibility right around the time he's being tuned up by some other cop(s) on the way to being booked. In a mob scene stuff happens and who knows how somebody got a few bruises or a busted rib. Being taken seriously is a question for his public defender. "Well he hit me first, gee!"

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Yeah they take that stuff seriously.

I knew a guy who couldn’t stand George Bush. I never got the impression he’d hurt anybody, but at one frustrated point he said, “Somebody needs to shoot that bastard.”

He made the mistake of saying that in a public place. Next thing he knew, he was on the no-fly list.

And if you can get on the list for that, then I’m pretty sure ransacking the Capitol building will get you there as well.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
wow. and she is a us congresswoman.

i wish she would go back to running her restaurant for gunslingers.

I wish she would go hunting with Dick Cheney.

Yup. I posted about this in the other thread. You can get a report of each and every phone connecting to a tower.

That is roughly how I thought it would go. I figured he would want to wait for things to die down, but he doesn't have that many days left in office.

Top Bottom
1 2