The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
272062313_464603011903213_9063034672649400363_n.jpg

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The Republican agenda is to further divide the country using culture wars. Glenn Youngkin is clearly angling for either a Senate seat or a Presidential run. He immediately started issuing executive orders about masks and CRT upon taking office. Virginia did vote GOP this time, but the overall views of the people in the state are not in favor of these types of actions. Do any of his executive orders make Virginia safer or more prosperous? No, they just cause division and anger.

He pretended to be a happy-smiley guy during the campaign, but he’s just another mini-Trump. He will let your kids die of COVID and whitewash black people out of history, but he will smile the whole time.

Partial good news for Virginia is that there are laws that state the opposite of his executive orders, the constitution of the state says the opposite of his orders, and even rural school boards are just ignoring his anti-mask orders. Detailed article here about the mess he has created, and how many school boards are fighting back. Also, one house of the legislature is still controlled by Democrats, so if his executive orders are shut down by the courts, he is unlikely to pass this divisive agenda.

(paywall removed)

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
The Republican agenda is to further divide the country using culture wars. Glenn Youngkin is clearly angling for either a Senate seat or a Presidential run. He immediately started issuing executive orders about masks and CRT upon taking office. Virginia did vote GOP this time, but the overall views of the people in the state are not in favor of these types of actions. Do any of his executive orders make Virginia safer or more prosperous? No, they just cause division and anger.

He pretended to be a happy-smiley guy during the campaign, but he’s just another mini-Trump. He will let your kids die of COVID and whitewash black people out of history, but he will smile the whole time.

Partial good news for Virginia is that there are laws that state the opposite of his executive orders, the constitution of the state says the opposite of his orders, and even rural school boards are just ignoring his anti-mask orders. Detailed article here about the mess he has created, and how many school boards are fighting back. Also, one house of the legislature is still controlled by Democrats, so if his executive orders are shut down by the courts, he is unlikely to pass this divisive agenda.

(paywall removed)

Sometimes the government needs to be the adult or bad guy in the room when dealing with adults who have the mental stability and selfishness of a toddler. This isn’t just for health safety reasons but also to help prevent confrontations between citizens. Wearing a mask can be annoying but it hurts nobody.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Sometimes the government needs to be the adult or bad guy in the room when dealing with adults who have the mental stability and selfishness of a toddler. This isn’t just for health safety reasons but also to help prevent confrontations between citizens. Wearing a mask can be annoying but it hurts nobody.
I'm not sure how many times this can be said, but something will be hurt. The more extremist 'R' base's feelings, and those are the most important thing to the base of late. So elected 'r' officials have made it their sole priority to protect those feelings, and 'f' everyone else's & any actual governing. Seemingly if you make the base FEEL happy & safe you are doing the new actual duties of elected officials.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm not sure how many times this can be said, but something will be hurt. The more extremist 'R' base's feelings, and those are the most important thing to the base of late. So elected 'r' officials have made it their sole priority to protect those feelings, and 'f' everyone else's & any actual governing. Seemingly if you make the base FEEL happy & safe you are doing the new actual duties of elected officials.

The only barely platform of the current Republican party is contrarianism. Just be the opposite of Democrats on everything and shoehorn in freedom and/or patriotism as a reason and their base eats it up.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Apparently, Glenn Youngkin‘s anti-mask, anti-CRT executive orders are very unpopular in Virginia. As a response, he is already having to print an op-ed in the Washington Post as damage control.

The shiny happy people routine of Youngkin convinced VA voters that he was something other than a Trump acolyte. Turns out, he absolutely is one. Oh well, they have to deal with their decision for the next few years. I hope they learn their lesson and I hope other people inclined to vote GOP look at Youngkin and see what they are truly gonna get if they vote GOP. Culture war division and a complete abdication of the responsibility of governing and caring for the people.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Apparently, Glenn Youngkin‘s anti-mask, anti-CRT executive orders are very unpopular in Virginia. As a response, he is already having to print an op-ed in the Washington Post as damage control.

The shiny happy people routine of Youngkin convinced VA voters that he was something other than a Trump acolyte. Turns out, he absolutely is one. Oh well, they have to deal with their decision for the next few years. I hope they learn their lesson and I hope other people inclined to vote GOP look at Youngkin and see what they are truly gonna get if they vote GOP. Culture war division and a complete abdication of the responsibility of governing and caring for the people.
The nuts across the street from us down here in Virginia were complaining about him. Maybe y'all should have thought about his rhetoric before proudly displaying his yard signs last election cycle. They mostly care about and are swayed by promises of low/lower taxes. Everything else is so-what territory. Youngkin had the added bonus of fighting the frightful CRT/negroes & negro lovers (of course, not the polite version of the word that many use). 🤷‍♂️

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The nuts across the street from us down here in Virginia were complaining about him. Maybe y'all should have thought about his rhetoric before proudly displaying his yard signs last election cycle. They mostly care about and are swayed by promises of low/lower taxes. Everything else is so-what territory. Youngkin had the added bonus of fighting the frightful CRT/negroes & negro lovers (of course, not the polite version of the word that many use). 🤷‍♂️
Well, there is more fallout from his anti-CRT executive orders and subsequent op-ed in the Post…

(paywall removed)

Not only is Virginia’s new Republican Gov. Glenn Youngkin banning the fictional menace of critical race theory from public schools, but he’s also turning the commonwealth into a little Stasi State. He’s setting up a tip line so parents can report to the government any school official they consider to be teaching something “divisive.”
Youngkin, a professed fan of public school parents’ rights, exercised his own parental rights not to send his children to Virginia public schools but rather to National Cathedral School and St. Albans School, twin private all-girl and all-boy schools in D.C. under the auspices of the Episcopal Church.
National Cathedral’s website listed Youngkin as a member of its governing board from 2016 through 2019, and he was chair of its finance committee. To their credit, both National Cathedral and St. Albans were, during that time, leaders in developing anti-racism teachings, even before the murder of George Floyd heightened national awareness of systemic racism. Youngkin’s spokeswoman, Macaulay Porter, said that Youngkin “stepped off the board after 2019” and that both schools “changed a lot over the years.”
Yep, he’s setting up thought police to prevent Virginians’ kids from learning about racism in American history, while sitting on the board of (and sending his own kids to) a school that is quite progressive in doing the exact thing he is banning.

“Rules for thee but not for me…” Youngkin’s hypocrisy has been exposed.

A minor follow up:

Youngkin said in a statement, “If localities want to have a mask mandate, they absolutely are able to. However, parents have a right to opt out. They know what is best for their kids.”
Perhaps he doesn’t know what the word “mandate“ means. Ain’t much of a mandate if anybody can simply choose to ignore it.

Last edited:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Your daily reminder that the agenda includes doing nothing that would improve things

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1487085087254528006/

PITTSBURGH — In the City of Bridges, it was not a standout. The bridge, four lanes of Forbes Avenue raised on a steel frame over a picturesque wooded ravine, carried traffic to and from the neighborhoods on the city’s East End. It was around 50 years old and, according to inspectors, in poor condition, but even by these measures was not particularly exceptional in Pittsburgh.

Then on Friday morning, hours before President Biden was scheduled to visit the city to discuss the condition of the country’s infrastructure, the bridge collapsed into the snowy hollow below. At least 10 people were injured, four of them seriously enough to require hospital attention, according to a hospital spokeswoman. But no one was killed and officials said that none of the injuries were life-threatening.

For a bridge that is routinely crowded with traffic in morning and evening rush hours, this was especially fortunate. The timing of the collapse — around 6:45 a.m. — and the fact that city schools were opening two hours late because of snow were partially to thank for that.

When the bridge fell, said Darryl Jones, the Pittsburgh fire chief, only four cars and a bus — carrying a driver and two passengers — were on it. He described a challenging rescue operation, with emergency workers rappelling down into the snowy ravine and then setting up “a daisy chain with hands just grabbing people and pulling them up.” The collapse ruptured a gas line that was quickly shut off, Chief Jones said, but it left a pungent odor lingering in the area throughout the morning.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

I'm not even :oops: over the wrong source of the quote, it's the balls of any Republican in office using "To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" as a warning about the left. Does anybody in that party own a mirror?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

I think by their estimates the end result is going to be white people skipping down Main St. while minorities are getting arrested, deported and their businesses shut down in the background. And that’s going to solve everything. Also, somehow the minorities they are friends with will be immune from this action and will experience no difficulties in this system. The government will just know they are one of the good ones.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
The fact that Trump is still around -- not just around but still holding rallies and talking trash and inciting his followers to more of the same sh^t some of them pulled on January 6th 2021-- makes me so crazy that when I see a tweet like this from LIz Cheney I have actually caught myself (and more than once) thinking of her as a moderate Republican and so wishing there were still more "like her" around in the Republican Party.

Liz Cheney tweet on Trump 1:31:22.jpg

Liz Cheney is in fact not a moderate Republican but a very traditional conservative, which of course only lends more weight to how far off the mark from principled conservativism Donald Trump really is, never mind the party that has followed him down the rabbit holes of narcissistic strongman inclinations.

Her tweet though, is on the money for any sane readers, and also vexing, because it only highlights some of the loopholes in our justice system that are there for the expessed purpose of protecting the rights of the accused. Trump knows all those loopholes and he would do it all over again and yet he's unlikely to land in jail --even though basically having incited a treasonous coup.

It's beyond farce and tragedy both that Trump abuses spirit of the law in the hope of taking democracy down. But it's mostly sad that his followers think their willingness to help him do that is an expression of democratic values.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
The fact that Trump is still around -- not just around but still holding rallies and talking trash and inciting his followers to more of the same sh^t some of them pulled on January 6th 2021-- makes me so crazy that when I see a tweet like this from LIz Cheney I have actually caught myself (and more than once) thinking of her as a moderate Republican and so wishing there were still more "like her" around in the Republican Party.

Liz Cheney is in fact not a moderate Republican but a very traditional conservative, which of course only lends more weight to how far off the mark from principled conservativism Donald Trump really is, never mind the party that has followed him down the rabbit holes of narcissistic strongman inclinations.

Her tweet though, is on the money for any sane readers, and also vexing, because it only highlights some of the loopholes in our justice system that are there for the expessed purpose of protecting the rights of the accused. Trump knows all those loopholes and he would do it all over again and yet he's unlikely to land in jail --even though basically having incited a treasonous coup.

It's beyond farce and tragedy both that Trump abuses spirit of the law in the hope of taking democracy down. But it's mostly sad that his followers think their willingness to help him do that is an expression of democratic values.

Trump's worst enemy in the 2024 election will be Trump, and let's hope that with a sense of poetic justice he'll go down with similar Hillary Clinton "I'll just let my experience and record speak for itself" miscalculation failure.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Trump's worst enemy in the 2024 election will be Trump, and let's hope that with a sense of poetic justice he'll go down with similar Hillary Clinton "I'll just let my experience and record speak for itself" miscalculation failure.

Hah, why wait until 2024 to hope for some failures in the pro-Trump rosters along the campaign trails? 2022 is already looking better for GOP primary candidates not endorsed by Trump, if you go by fundraising for midterms.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hah, why wait until 2024 to hope for some failures in the pro-Trump rosters along the campaign trails? 2022 is already looking better for GOP primary candidates not endorsed by Trump, if you go by fundraising for midterms.

I’m not sure about funding amounts on this, but I heard some of his supporters were mad at him for endorsing candidates who weren’t the most insane one running, still insane but not enough for his supporters. I really hope these “too insane for even Trump” candidates aren’t the ones killing it in funding.

Top Bottom
1 2