The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I legit wonder if republicans will tolerate another Trump run. Will he have anyone take him on as an opponent? I can’t see him running a primary unopposed, so whether it’s Liz Cheney, Nikki Haley, Pence, DeathSantis or any combo of them, how will they run against Trump? Will they be nice? They’ll get pummeled, Trump doesn’t play nice. Or will they rip into him to better their chances? That would be awesome.

And if he doesn’t run, will they throw him away? He’s clearly the biggest figure but also the biggest drag on the party.

Stay tuned. It's going to be fun!

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
So Lindsey Graham - for whatever reason, has come out with a bill instituting a federal ban on abortion after 15 weeks. What a joke. He’s making up his own facts about where most of America is on this issue. He looks about as sincere as he would telling us he isn’t attracted to Trump.

This seems odd, his bill isn’t going to pass right now anyways, so this is just promoting extreme pro-life stances. Is he trying to sabotage his party or is he thinking this will help republicans?

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
It's damage control for the GOP. They realize the disaster they brought upon themselves with all the new abortion laws states have passed. Of course, Graham is a hypocrite because he recently was advocating how these things should be left to each state. The guy has no shame.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
So Lindsey Graham - for whatever reason, has come out with a bill instituting a federal ban on abortion after 15 weeks. What a joke. He’s making up his own facts about where most of America is on this issue. He looks about as sincere as he would telling us he isn’t attracted to Trump.

This seems odd, his bill isn’t going to pass right now anyways, so this is just promoting extreme pro-life stances. Is he trying to sabotage his party or is he thinking this will help republicans?

Yeah Graham is on tape having said he thought abortion was a matter for states' rights not even two months ago and now he comes with a national ban bill?

Might could be it's nothing to do with abortion at all. He has lost a court fight to ditch a subpoena to testify as to his involvement in Trump's efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential vote in the state of Georgia.

Maybe he just needs something else to focus on in the interim, to keep from completely losing his mind. I mean this used to be a guy with a judicious temperament and a judicial outlook.. . but he seemed to lose all that after McCain passed away.

If i wanted to give him credit for canny strategy as a revived no-Trumper, I'd say he's thrown this "national abortion ban" out there like a landmine in path of pro-Trump candidates for the House in 2022.

But in truth, these days, Graham just seems like this... creature wandering around probably wishing he never heard of Donald Trump, and drinking too much, and being inconsistent and incoherent. Pathetic. And still dangerous, and he's not up for re-election until 2026.

He did win by a substantially smaller margin in 2020 than back in 2014, but it was still substantial, like 10% over Jaime Harrison. Probably gave him agita to know he's looking at an uphill climb now if Trump goes down.. especially if Trump actually "has something" on him as rumors have long suggested.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
But in truth, these days, Graham just seems like this... creature wandering around probably wishing he never heard of Donald Trump, and drinking too much, and being inconsistent and incoherent. Pathetic. And still dangerous, and he's not up for re-election until 2026.
“If Donald Trump is the nominee, that’s the end of the Republican Party” - Lindsey Graham, 2015.

lizkat

Reaction score
“If Donald Trump is the nominee, that’s the end of the Republican Party” - Lindsey Graham, 2015.

Prescient guy, eh? Shoulda stuck with the sentiment, he'd be at least the heir presumptive to McConnell by now instead of just another guy like Hawley and Cruz that get talked about in the Senate cloakroom, even by the rest of the slightly less crazy pro-Trump Senators.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
3A3B1B9C-320A-4697-A7FA-506E786716FF.jpeg

lizkat

Reaction score
Wonder who'll end up Most Valuable Flipper in the pantheon of people finally turning on TFG.

I'm not talking about people who are collecting rants now on social media, for having written books with little details they didn't bother revealing to the public at the time they held White House jobs, or in the course of their media reporting or in the way they responded to media interviews back then.

I mean I wonder about people who were so much in the background of daily life in the Trump era White House or West Wing that they blended in with the wallpaper, or else were assumed to be an ultra-loyalist.

Examples: Ivanka Trump. Mike Pompeo. The former White House butler. The occasional U.S.Marine who stood there holding the Oval Office door open to the great outdoors, while Trump was concluding one of his more rambunctious meetings that had slid off its talking points and landed in a pre-tweeting rage after he had shouted down everyone in the room and garnered at last one more secret vow to soldier on and save revenge for later.

And of course the person who cleaned the Oval Office and who had probably been trained to first bring any little bits of paper to the White House Staff Secretary and only then use the vacuum cleaner on the carpeting. LOL what does "never gonna happen" or "2 billion might be enough" even mean?

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Lindsey Graham really shit the bed with his latest stunt. You know how we complain these guys are always in campaign mode? Well, Lindsey has four more years left on this term and he’s definitely not acting like he’s running for anything, so maybe being in campaign mode isn’t such a bad thing.

I have a feeling that if things go sideways for the GOP in the midterms, Lindsey’s stunt will be a prime target of wrath.

lizkat

Reaction score
Lindsey Graham really shit the bed with his latest stunt. You know how we complain these guys are always in campaign mode? Well, Lindsey has four more years left on this term and he’s definitely not acting like he’s running for anything, so maybe being in campaign mode isn’t such a bad thing.

I have a feeling that if things go sideways for the GOP in the midterms, Lindsey’s stunt will be a prime target of wrath.

Yeah Graham blew it big time. The Rs did not want abortion to become a topic of swing-vote potential in the midterms. They knew that almost immediately after the Dobbs ruling. And now Graham does this 8 weeks before the elections? When he doesn't even have a dog in the hunt this year, so it makes him look selfish at best.

It's like he swallowed a blue pill instead of a vitamin at breakfast one day in recent past: Oh god maybe I'm a Democrat now? Oh well, let's party down!

All I can think really is that Graham has decided the only way to save himself in the Georgia 2020 vote tampering investigation is to distract everyone from it, with headlines about his devotion to GOP causes aside from whatever TFG is ranting about these days. Unfortunately for Graham, that's often and inconveniently enough still all about Trump's lie that the 2020 election was stolen from him. Graham would like to change the subject altogether.

In fact long before Graham got in trouble trying to appease and accommodate Trump in the matter of the Georgia vote, he had told Trump on the golf course look ya lost the election, it happens, the main thing now is help rebuild and get in shape to win the next elections.

Of course Trump could almost GAF about advice like that, so Graham --like the wuss he is-- caved in then and tried to help Trump get Georgia into the red column.

No one in the Georgia AG's office is distracted by anything not related to their pending election-related case(s), and meanwhile half the rest of the US Senate and a lot of House Republicans are now ready to string Graham up because he's taking their midterm themes "off topic" to a national issue the Rs can't win on.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah Graham blew it big time. The Rs did not want abortion to become a topic of swing-vote potential in the midterms. They knew that almost immediately after the Dobbs ruling. And now Graham does this 8 weeks before the elections? When he doesn't even have a dog in the hunt this year, so it makes him look selfish at best.

It's like he swallowed a blue pill instead of a vitamin at breakfast one day in recent past: Oh god maybe I'm a Democrat now? Oh well, let's party down!

All I can think really is that Graham has decided the only way to save himself in the Georgia 2020 vote tampering investigation is to distract everyone from it, with headlines about his devotion to GOP causes aside from whatever TFG is ranting about these days. Unfortunately for Graham, that's often and inconveniently enough still all about Trump's lie that the 2020 election was stolen from him. Graham would like to change the subject altogether.

In fact long before Graham got in trouble trying to appease and accommodate Trump in the matter of the Georgia vote, he had told Trump on the golf course look ya lost the election, it happens, the main thing now is help rebuild and get in shape to win the next elections.

Of course Trump could almost GAF about advice like that, so Graham --like the wuss he is-- caved in then and tried to help Trump get Georgia into the red column.

No one in the Georgia AG's office is distracted by anything not related to their pending election-related case(s), and meanwhile half the rest of the US Senate and a lot of House Republicans are now ready to string Graham up because he's taking their midterm themes "off topic" to a national issue the Rs can't win on.

Not to mention this goes against the GOP's strategy of having zero platform cause in the US there's a big contingent of people who vote for candidates who have nothing to offer.

Top Bottom
1 2