The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I find it especially sickening that the GOP has now decided to pivot from attacking the gays to now attacking children with their anti-trans stance.

It's one thing to fight trans kids on sports, but quite another when you make it illegal to allow trans kids access to the gender affirming care they so desperately need.

The GOP today are a party of hate. And that saddens me because it means there's no proper yang for the ying that is the DNC.
I heard a story on the radio yesterday (I was in my car around 3:30 yesterday so it must have been “the daily”). The person being interviewed believes that the raft of anti-trans bills is just the next fight in the culture wars. He thought they started shortly after Roe v Wade, and included such hits as anti-gay bills like the “defense of marriage” or “don’t ask don’t tell” stuff.

They played audio of witnesses talking about the anti-trans bills in various legislatures. The opponents’ experts far outnumbered those speaking in favor of the bills. And the supporters were multiple psychologists and psychiatrists with decades of experience with transgender individuals. The main expert witness of the supporters was an anesthesiologist who had never treated a single transgender person.

They also pointed out that nobody had lodged a single complaint of a trans athlete making things unfair for other girl athletes. The whole thing hurts transgender children and has no positive effect. It is 100% culture war. Transgender people are just the latest punching bag of the right-wing 🐔💩’s.

U

User.191

I heard a story on the radio yesterday (I was in my car around 3:30 yesterday so it must have been “the daily”). The person being interviewed believes that the raft of anti-trans bills is just the next fight in the culture wars. He thought they started shortly after Roe v Wade, and included such hits as anti-gay bills like the “defense of marriage” or “don’t ask don’t tell” stuff.

They played audio of witnesses talking about the anti-trans bills in various legislatures. The opponents’ experts far outnumbered those speaking in favor of the bills. And the supporters were multiple psychologists and psychiatrists with decades of experience with transgender individuals. The main expert witness of the supporters was an anesthesiologist who had never treated a single transgender person.

They also pointed out that nobody had lodged a single complaint of a trans athlete making things unfair for other girl athletes. The whole thing hurts transgender children and has no positive effect. It is 100% culture war. Transgender people are just the latest punching bag of the right-wing 🐔💩’s.
The GOP does love to ban things they don't like, but then wail that the Democrats practise "Cancel culture".

I know of two kids who are undergoing treatment now - I knew them before and now after and I can tell you that both of them (one is transitioning to female, the other to male) are utterly thriving since they started the process, whereas before they were both withdrawn and miserable.

The GOP is going to be directly responsible to multiple suicides with this sort of legislation. And, of course, they won't give shit.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I'd assume his intention is to debunk conspiracy theories, but the response is awesome:D
I loved this response

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1387430871616077824/

So. Hypothetical time.

Say the guy said "yes" sarcastically. The pol & others believe him, DON'T get the vaccine, they get covid.

Is the guy responsible because of his sarcasm?

Because I'd love to hear someone being blamed, and their defense is "can't you tell sarcasm?"

Worked for that other guy suggesting injecting stuff.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
I'd assume his intention is to debunk conspiracy theories, but the response is awesome:D

That seems likely, based on his tone of voice and mention of "patient's request". He may have some wacky constituents that happened to ask that.

U

User.45

That seems likely, based on his tone of voice and mention of "patient's request". He may have some wacky constituents that happened to ask that.
That's what i suspect. He's a lawyer and they like to ask questions like this. But I'd love to hear the context, because you can't tell anymore...

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
A thread. I recommend you click it, and follow down the rabbit hole.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1387493542935867395/

Why? It gets very interesting.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1387493569007689729/
Shouldn’t the GOP be in favor of auditing the results? They are very in favor of it in states that voted for Biden. Shouldn’t there be an independent audit authority (maybe Internationally there already is, right?) to check out things like this? I say, bring such an authority in to audit the states that Republicans are mad about, with the caveat that they also audit Kentucky and South Carolina and any other state Democrats want audited.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Shouldn’t the GOP be in favor of auditing the results? They are very in favor of it in states that voted for Biden. Shouldn’t there be an independent audit authority (maybe Internationally there already is, right?) to check out things like this? I say, bring such an authority in to audit the states that Republicans are mad about, with the caveat that they also audit Kentucky and South Carolina and any other state Democrats want audited.

I don’t remember who it was, but I believe a Republican congressman upset by his own party’s hyper partisan recount and audit demands said they shouldn’t just question Trump losing in those states, but should also question any Republican in those states winning. Why are only Republican losses being questioned?

U

User.45

I said earlier that stupidity is an important part of that agenda, let's include denial as well.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1388855116728610819/
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1388626364232654855/
To repeat myself, by the AM after the election, the county-wide data projected a Biden win within a 1500 vote margin of error for GA, AZ, MI, WI, etc. So here are the consistencies:
1. Overall Trump over performed predictions in OH, FL, NC and TX, but the presidential outcomes of GA, AZ, MI, WI, PA were adequately predicted prior to the election.
2. If an election is stolen, why allow the senate majority hang on a GA second round?
3. Based on county-wide projections, the data had already fallen in place by the AM after the election.
4. This takes us to consistencies: if there are machines being hacked the cause, you would see variabilities and anomalous counts that are discrepant from the expectations based on demographics (and polling). So, for such consistencies to persist, you have to have access to the entire system evenly. That's like a pretty massive breach that would be much more likely to be picked up.
5. Mail-in ballot preferences were absolutely correlated to political preference given Trump's telling people to vote in person (in retrospect it was just plain stupid).
6. If mail-in ballots are problematic, why would they tell their voters to use them for GA's second round? They inadvertently legitimized mail-in ballots there.

At the end of the day if I wanted to assess irregularities I'd assess PA, where Dems really really outperormed projections (by 10,000s). Yet PA is interestingly not the focus. Wonder why....

My MR frenemy "a self-proclaimed liberal leaning neutral" (horse shit) whined about PA breaking its own constitution to expand voting. When I reminded him that A) PA's constitution has a health clause that is up for interpretation B) the expansion was voted for by a republican majority in PA's legislature C) it interestingly received no opposition within the timeframe of appeal, but only after Trump lost and thas was immediately thrown out by PA supreme court. His response: "it's still unconstitutional."

Now, I snooped this dude's social media and I think this really shows you a lot about this mindset:
Original tweet included a set of photos comparing the response to BLM vs. Capitol with a conclusion I 100% agree with. Dude's response below:
1619969298856.png

1619969321049.png

After seeing this tweet, I had to verify that he is indeed black. This was just the most absurd comment, but the conclusion was hilariously accurate. If just "asking" police worked, Floyd would still be alive, which takes us to how funny it is when somebody fails to comprehend this in the same post they are claiming the other has limited cognitive abilities. These inconsistencies in thought really makes me think about that this is a manifestation of mental health issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
The GOP does love to ban things they don't like, but then wail that the Democrats practise "Cancel culture".

I know of two kids who are undergoing treatment now - I knew them before and now after and I can tell you that both of them (one is transitioning to female, the other to male) are utterly thriving since they started the process, whereas before they were both withdrawn and miserable.

The GOP is going to be directly responsible to multiple suicides with this sort of legislation. And, of course, they won't give shit.
I've referred to them in the past as the American Taliban, and I think I'm going to have to start doing that more often. Like the other Taliban, they are fanatical in their ideology, fear any idea that's new to them, treat women atrociously, and harbor terrorists.

To me, the real Republican party is Mitt Romney and John Kasich. This thing, the thing that rose from the tea party, is the American Taliban.

Top Bottom
1 2