The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
For those claiming it's becoming like a cult I counter with...

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1437477421188632582/

image.jpg

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score

Wha?

That middle statistic about the communist manifesto I thought was striking, so I was wondering if it was true.

This is where it comes from...

The statistic comes from a group called the "Victims of Communism Memorial Foundation". They certainly wouldn't have a bias would they, which might skew a result and who they might choose to ask?

In 1991, Senator Steve Symms and Representative Dana Rohrabacher, both of whom are from the Republican Party, introduced concurring resolutions in the United States Congress urging the construction of "an International Memorial to the Victims of Communism at an appropriate location within the boundaries of the District of Columbia and for the appointment of a commission to oversee the design, construction and all other pertinent details of the memorial."[4][5]

In 1993, Rohrabacher and fellow Republican Senator Jesse Helms sponsored amendments to the FRIENDSHIP Act of 1993 which authorized such construction.[6] The act was signed into law by Democratic President Bill Clinton on December 17, 1993.[7] It cited "the deaths of over 100,000,000 victims in an unprecedented imperial holocaust" and resolved that "the sacrifices of these victims should be permanently memorialized so that never again will nations and peoples allow so evil a tyranny to terrorize the world."[3]

In April 2020, the organization announced they would be adding the global victims of the COVID-19 pandemic to their death toll of Communism, blaming the Chinese government for the outbreak and every death caused by it.

With Mike Pence speaking, the "patriot" who meant to overthrow an election for his boss, but couldn't think of a way to do it and not suffer possible legal issues. Sarah Huckabee... I don't need to say anything, except the speech will have lies in it. And of course Ben Carson, he of...

Yeah, this guy on education...

200.gif

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

Wha?

That middle statistic about the communist manifesto I thought was striking, so I was wondering if it was true.

This is where it comes from...

The statistic comes from a group called the "Victims of Communism Memorial Foundation". They certainly wouldn't have a bias would they, which might skew a result and who they might choose to ask?

With Mike Pence speaking, the "patriot" who meant to overthrow an election for his boss, but couldn't think of a way to do it and not suffer possible legal issues. Sarah Huckabee... I don't need to say anything, except the speech will have lies in it. And of course Ben Carson, he of...

Yeah, this guy on education...

200.gif

This part:

In April 2020, the organization announced they would be adding the global victims of the COVID-19 pandemic to their death toll of Communism, blaming the Chinese government for the outbreak and every death caused by it.
They want to blame the person who dropped a lit match for a house burning down. What they fail to mention is that they run the fire department, and they were called early enough to put out the fire. Instead, they denied there was a fire. Then they finally admitted there was a fire, but didn’t send any help because they insisted the fire wasn’t dangerous. Then they arrested the neighbors when they came over with their garden hoses to try and put it out… and so on.

But sure, it was all the fault of the person who dropped the lit match.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Anthony Gonzalez, a Republican from Ohio is not seeking reelection to the House of Representatives in 2022. He was supposed to be a rising star in the party. However, he voted to impeach Trump and would not embrace the 2020 election lies. He has endured many threats since then, and expects a Trump-supporter in his next primary. So, he is out.

To me, this is yet more evidence that the party is becoming (or has already become) a cult.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Anthony Gonzalez, a Republican from Ohio is not seeking reelection to the House of Representatives in 2022. He was supposed to be a rising star in the party. However, he voted to impeach Trump and would not embrace the 2020 election lies. He has endured many threats since then, and expects a Trump-supporter in his next primary. So, he is out.

To me, this is yet more evidence that the party is becoming (or has already become) a cult.

Which means things can only get worse
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1438672984571617282/

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

This is why I think it’s dangerous for Democrats to fall asleep at the wheel just because Trump is no longer President. I haven’t heard of even one anti-Trump Republican politician who isn’t under threat by his supporters or a Trump supporting candidate. Certainly a Democrat would be under similar threat but I think less so than a Republican who isn’t a Trump sycophant. It’s kind of like the mafia having an unwritten respect for the feds. They’re just doing their job, but to break ranks within the organization is the highest of crimes.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
This is why I think it’s dangerous for Democrats to fall asleep at the wheel just because Trump is no longer President. I haven’t heard of even one anti-Trump Republican politician who isn’t under threat by his supporters or a Trump supporting candidate. Certainly a Democrat would be under similar threat but I think less so than a Republican who isn’t a Trump sycophant. It’s kind of like the mafia having an unwritten respect for the feds. They’re just doing their job, but to break ranks within the organization is the highest of crimes.
I think Democrats should press their advantage. Larry Elder went all in with Trump, and it backfired. Sure, there are some areas with majorities that still love Trump. But I think he is becoming less and less popular, and people still want to get out and vote against him. Since he’s not running, that means voting against other passengers on the Trump train.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

😂
I don’t consider this funny because if there was a way… :oops:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
https://www.salon.com/2021/09/17/oc...-later-how-against-inequality-made-the-worse/

In summary, the OWS movement woke everybody up, including those on the right, to the fact that the reason people aren’t getting ahead is the wealth hoarding at the top, not poor people. The GOP can no longer lie about the causes or their constituents’ economic problems so they have to distract them by leaning heavy on hatred and bigotry. Sounds about right.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Wait. What?

Have some just decided what parts of this whole experiment they don't like ( separation of church & state ) and use gov't to change it?

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1439005600030076934/

I mean, are we NOT caring about anyone who doesn't follow the same Bible or God, that is entitled to go to PUBLIC school?

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1439008164179894274/

FFS the pandering! 🤦‍♀️
This is the kind of shit the Christian Right is pulling, undermining the Constitution, erasing religious freedom and turning the US into a Christian theocracy though unconstitutional legislation. Sure we have the separation clause, let’s just ignore it while we take away non-Christian rights. Their souls will be saved, hurrah! …but don’t forget about control, compliance, power, and wealth. This is why our Founding Fathers created seperation of church and state. 🤯 Freedom of religion can’t exist when one religion gets to turn it’s standards into laws that all are supposed to follow.

However, it must be acknowledged, this situation exists because we have allowed a collection of anti-democratic, anti-Constitutional theists willing to subvert our Republic in the name of their religion, to be elected into positions of power. Shame on the collective us.

Don’t get me wrong Christianity has some good aspects even though It equates to worshiping the invisible dragon who lives in your garage. It’s a good dragon, until it’s intent on eating you. 👀We have close friends who are Christens, but the caveat is we don’t talk religion with them nor they to us, yet I am quite certain our friendship exists because all parties are willing to set the differences aside. Yet I wonder what kind of unconstitutional laws they support in the name of their religious standards. :unsure:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I swear, if these whackjobs ever manage to return prayer to public schools I will spend my last dime purchasing copies of the Satanic bible and sending them to every school I can find.

Yeah, "prayer in school" would cover a lot of bases. The reactionary proponents of returning prayer to public schools have serious tunnel vision and never realize that the stuff they agitate for is circumscribed to their own particular views of any perceived "right" they pitch.. but in reality if prayer in public schools were to be permitted, then do people understand that copies of the Qu'ran might even be provided free? And surely someone would reprint this wonderful little book I did get free at a produce store up in Ithaca one day... wonder how THOSE would fly in some public school in the deep south of the 2020s. EDIT: or for that matter, the deep north of my own damn county in upstate NYS.

Heart of a Buddha.jpg

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Top Bottom
1 2