The return of MoviePass!

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don’t know what the details are yet, but I got an invite to the beta when it launches. From there it sounds like it’s going to be like the early days of gmail, you have to get invited by somebody who already has an account.

For those who don’t remember, MoviePass was a subscription service for theater movie tickets where you paid something like $20 a month (or $10 a month or $100 a year on the frequent special offers) and you could go to see a movie every day of the week at one point with the only exception being you couldn’t see the same movie more than once. Shocking that they lost money and went under. :ROFLMAO: Before its demise it kept whittling down availability to only certain movies as more and more theaters dropped membership. I’m intrigued by what this next version will be.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
AMC theaters already offer their own subscription for all you can see movies. I wonder how MoviePass will differ?

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
They would need a higher price than that, even if they disallowed premiere weekends and the like.

It's close to $20 for an adult ticket around me for a typical theater, slightly lower at some of the cheap ones. It's at least $25 for imax. Guessing they were starting out cheap in order to gain users?

Top Bottom
1 2