The silent Biden voters

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have trouble believing Trump's polling numbers are as high as they are. I wonder if there is some sweet karmic justice in the works, meaning people who plan to vote for Biden won't dare say so in Trump country, like how some Trump voters wouldn't admit it in 2016 out of fear of being accosted or ridiculed.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
POLLS are largely irrelevant.

In a way, yes, in a way, no.

Polls capture people's opinions at the moment in time they're taken. They show a president whether they're in good standing, or if they need to do something to improve said standing with the public. What they're not is a long term general overall opinion of a president. So even if Trump is polling below the basement right now, and would likely lose the election if we held the vote today, that doesn't mean he'll be as unpopular three months from now, and will lose in November.

No one should ever take poll results as being set in stone. Opinions can change at the drop of a hat.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I have trouble believing Trump's polling numbers are as high as they are. I wonder if there is some sweet karmic justice in the works, meaning people who plan to vote for Biden won't dare say so in Trump country, like how some Trump voters wouldn't admit it in 2016 out of fear of being accosted or ridiculed.
I say we believe them and not take it for granted like we did in 2016, it could be that Biden will stomp him but if we start believing that we become complacent. Foot on the gas and don't let up until November 4th.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I keep wondering how many people just lie to pollsters. Of course the more sophisticated polls have questions to weed some of that out.

Meanwhile I haven't even been polled so far this year, although the district was pro-Trump in 2016, otherwise blue-purple since 2018 and the incumbent Dem critter is pretty popular and very hardworking, so... guess that adds up to why drop money on a poll in August.

Also maybe all a pollster would get would be busy signals, thanks to an uptick around here in robocalling, The hucksters are cold-calling about everything: energy supply, insurance, car warranties, purposeful scams, and endless pitches to get your septic tank pumped or barn roof tinned before winter.

Sigh... I'd rather be hanging up on a pollster than on those godblasted robocalls .

Top Bottom
1 2