The Sonos Thread

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Here’s a thread to talk all things Sonos.

I‘m a recent convert. I bought a Playbase for the TV. Also put an SL One in the kitchen and another in our bedroom. Loving it a lot.

It’s caused me to listen to music more. Really nice to keep the volume low and just have tunes everywhere. I’d love to put one in the bathroom actually but we don’t have a receptacle in a good spot there and my wife has aesthetic issue with putting it on the sink counter that I can’t get around.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Here’s a thread to talk all things Sonos.

I‘m a recent convert. I bought a Playbase for the TV. Also put an SL One in the kitchen and another in our bedroom. Loving it a lot.

It’s caused me to listen to music more. Really nice to keep the volume low and just have tunes everywhere. I’d love to put one in the bathroom actually but we don’t have a receptacle in a good spot there and my wife has aesthetic issue with putting it on the sink counter that I can’t get around.
I've heard good things about them, I set one up for a friend to work with Alexa. We have an Echo in the bathroom, essential for listening to music in the shower for us but you're right, we do have to string a chord for a little ways and that might not be for everyone. I bet you could get an electrician to set you with another outlet without it being too expensive though.

Gutwrench

Site Champ
Reaction score
Congratulations!

I have SONOS throughout both homes and very happy with them. I’ve had them a while so don’t have their newest stuff...just playbars, subs, and Play1’s.

SONOS stuff just works like Apple stuff used to. Their set up is simple and almost completely automatic.

Gutwrench

Site Champ
Reaction score
I've heard good things about them, I set one up for a friend to work with Alexa. We have an Echo in the bathroom, essential for listening to music in the shower for us but you're right, we do have to string a chord for a little ways and that might not be for everyone. I bet you could get an electrician to set you with another outlet without it being too expensive though.

I have a Dot (and Phillips Hues) in about every room and love them too. I enjoy the routines. I tell Alexa good morning and she turns on some lights, starts music in certain rooms, gives the weather, reads my calendar and travel time to work (not necessary now though).

While shaving and brushing my teeth she plays local news, Reuters, and the WSJ.

As I leave she turns off some lights and says “go get ‘em tiger!”

Edit: The Ambien kicked in. I just cleaned up my spelling. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have never owned or experienced a Sonos product. Could you point me in the direction of what you’re talking about? (Amazon link for reference)? Thanks!

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
we have had son os for many years. my wife is blind and Sonos was great it let her access all her music from one app. the various apps would change and update then VoiceOver would not work right and it would be a battle for her to use them. we have play 5's in the bedroom with a subwoofer and the main stereo had the newest Sonos amp with her own speakers and a cowpoke of play 1's and a mistake a couple of the play bars I use mine for watching stuff on my I Mac and iPad. but connections to Aleahs and google are glitchy and anymore we have to yell at them to get them to work.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
For anyone using an Apple TV remote to control a Sonos TV speaker….I’ve used a few Apple TV remotes with the Playbase and they were compatible right out of the box. After a couple of years with the Playbase, I had an issue with the remote no longer controlling it. Volume and mute buttons would no longer work.

After a long search I found the solution in a YouTube comments section of all places.

On the remote, hold the home and volume down buttons for 5 seconds. After that, the remote controlled the speaker again. Random solution but worked immediately.

Top Bottom
1 2