COVID 19 The Vaccine Thread

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah they're going to fill up fast now but I can tell you how everyone I know is doing it now in the bay area. Go to Walgreens and select areas around you, you can just type in city names around you, so we tried Daly City, Fremont, San Jose, etc. and eventually you'll find some openings. Keep in mind they change several times throughout the day as well, it can be red for 10 minutes and green for ten minutes all day long as they seem to update in real time.

Worth a shot by keeping an extra browser window open and refreshing as you get time.

Thanks for the tip! I'll probably spend some time this weekend. Given my experience so far I'm kind of surprised how many people I know who already got vaccinated. Listening to a lefty podcast I found my reality pretty much matching that of the host. Fellow lefties were saying "I'll wait my turn" publically but over the past several weeks I discovered most I know didn't actually stick to that. Liars, the entire lot!

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Thanks for the tip! I'll probably spend some time this weekend. Given my experience so far I'm kind of surprised how many people I know who already got vaccinated. Listening to a lefty podcast I found my reality pretty much matching that of the host. Fellow lefties were saying "I'll wait my turn" publically but over the past several weeks I discovered most I know didn't actually stick to that. Liars, the entire lot!
Yeah, a lot of loosely interpreted rules there lol. The two biggest ones I think people took advantage of are saying they lived in a country where it was allowed or that they are a caregiver because they have someone older in their household.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
To paraphrase some dude who got the vaccine in secret: That makes them smart!

Convince fellow lefties to wait their turn in order to get it yourself thanks to less competition. Brilliant!

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, a lot of loosely interpreted rules there lol. The two biggest ones I think people took advantage of are saying they lived in a country where it was allowed or that they are a caregiver because they have someone older in their household.

My vaccinated coworkers decided they work in agriculture/food services. Our company is neither.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
On an economic note, I believe the COVID relief checks are delaying my federal tax refund. I submitted and they approved the same week the relief checks went out and it still hasn’t arrived.

By contrast I owed the state some tax money and unsurprisingly they took the money out of my bank about 10 seconds after I hit the submit button.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
That's why I hustled and got my taxes done a little earlier than usual this year, as I knew I'd be getting a refund and figured that probably the IRS was going to be overwhelmed by another round of stimulus payments, too, so did the returns, and was pleasantly surprised at how quickly the refund was deposited into my account. Then sure enough, a few weeks later they were getting busy with not just tax returns and refunds but also the stimulus payments as well.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
That's why I hustled and got my taxes done a little earlier than usual this year, as I knew I'd be getting a refund and figured that probably the IRS was going to be overwhelmed by another round of stimulus payments, too, so did the returns, and was pleasantly surprised at how quickly the refund was deposited into my account. Then sure enough, a few weeks later they were getting busy with not just tax returns and refunds but also the stimulus payments as well.

Its not a life changing amount of money for me, never is. But it appears that the biggest side effect of the pandemic year for me is spending way too much money, or maybe I’m just inspired by the massively ballooning national debt. At any rate, I should really work on paying some of that down. That’s mainly what I need it for.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Same here, not a life-changing amount, but I just wanted to have the whole tax thing done and over with, including the refund.....

It's been interesting how in some ways I've spent more online during this pandemic year -- Amazon loves me! -- but at the same time I realize that probably by not going out and browsing around in stores I've also not been tempted to make impulse purchases of things I've seen and touched while looking around. I did spend more on books at Amazon this year than usual, since the library was closed for a while, and I absolutely HAVE to have something available to read! I also found myself ordering things from Amazon which I normally just purchase at the grocery store or at a local store, depending upon the item...... Amazon has made out really well throughout this whole pandemic thing, no doubt about that.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
On an economic note, I believe the COVID relief checks are delaying my federal tax refund. I submitted and they approved the same week the relief checks went out and it still hasn’t arrived.

By contrast I owed the state some tax money and unsurprisingly they took the money out of my bank about 10 seconds after I hit the submit button.

Payments tend to work like that, because all they have to do is verify payment info. They do it similarly to when you order something online. With the other stuff, they to apply some small amount of validation to it.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Got my second Moderna shot yesterday. I expected to feel bad but I underestimated it. I’ve been running a fever with body aches for 18 hours or so. I’m useless right now.
Hang in there, I can't imagine it lasting much longer and when it shuts off it will be like a switch so that's something to look forward to.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Got my second Moderna shot yesterday. I expected to feel bad but I underestimated it. I’ve been running a fever with body aches for 18 hours or so. I’m useless right now.
My daughter got her 2nd Moderna on Monday. Her arm was sore on Tuesday, but that was it. Her father also got the Moderna and she said he didn’t have any side effects either. My son just got his first Moderna jab, so he’s hoping he follows their lead.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Awesome, if being tired is all that's left you're doing great and the worst is behind you. Such a great feeling knowing you're protected.
I literally told the nurse who gave me the injection that I’d been waiting an entire year for this day. It felt like a celebration, like crossing a goal line, and staying healthy all that year felt like a reward for my diligence.

On the other hand, stuff like this worries me:

40% of Cleveland Clinic staff decline COVID-19 vaccine

Forty percent of staffers at what is one of the country’s greatest medical institutions aren’t getting vaccinated? For god’s sake, man, you’re supposed to be medical people—you know, scientists??

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I literally told the nurse who gave me the injection that I’d been waiting an entire year for this day. It felt like a celebration, like crossing a goal line, and staying healthy all that year felt like a reward for my diligence.

Forty percent of staffers at what is one of the country’s greatest medical institutions aren’t getting vaccinated? For god’s sake, man, you’re supposed to be medical people—you know, scientists??
The article states what I was already thinking. It correlates with level of education. No doubt it also correlates with levels of Fox News consumed.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

I do get the hesitancy but how anyone could look at the horrific way in which people die from this virus and say "I'll take my chances" without the vaccine is beyond me, especially medical professionals.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The article states what I was already thinking. It correlates with level of education. No doubt it also correlates with levels of Fox News consumed.
Exactly. They use "medical staff" as though referring to doctors, nurses, etc. when they mean every employee down to custodial. You have to read pretty far to see the graphic that shows that the actual medical staff is at 95% vaccinated and that it is "support staff" that it is at 35%.

Top Bottom
1 2