COVID 19 The Vaccine Thread

fooferdoggie

Site Champ
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
took the wife on the tandem for a ride then her last shot ended up with 30 miles and one shot and one sore arm.

Stephen.R

Site Champ
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
The rollout here is a corrupt joke. The only planned mass vaccinations are using locally produced AZ from a company owned by a certain family that has really fancy hats. Health workers have so far been given a Chinese vaccine. There’s also talk of the Russian one.

Thankfully private hospitals are taking details for those interested in other options. We’re on the list with our local private hospital, they’re apparently going to get Moderna, at somewhere around $100/person.

P_X

Elite Member
Vaccinated
PRSI Banned
Site Donor
Reaction score
The rollout here is a corrupt joke. The only planned mass vaccinations are using locally produced AZ from a company owned by a certain family that has really fancy hats. Health workers have so far been given a Chinese vaccine. There’s also talk of the Russian one.

Thankfully private hospitals are taking details for those interested in other options. We’re on the list with our local private hospital, they’re apparently going to get Moderna, at somewhere around $100/person.
Last time I checked SinoPharm's (probably the Chinese vaccine they use over there) phase 3 data was not published. Which is highly problematic when you want to assess efficacy. The Russian one's phase 3 data was published in Lancet and it's OK. Healthcare workers should get the best vaccine available as their risk of exposure is the highest (common sense). I dislike the Sinopharm idea but it's still better than nothing.

Stephen.R

Site Champ
PRSI Banned
Reaction score
Last time I checked SinoPharm's (probably the Chinese vaccine they use over there) phase 3 data was not published. Which is highly problematic when you want to assess efficacy. The Russian one's phase 3 data was published in Lancet and it's OK. Healthcare workers should get the best vaccine available as their risk of exposure is the highest (common sense). I dislike the Sinopharm idea but it's still better than nothing.
There's quite a lot of hubbub about it here.
In January a survey had 83% of the population willing to get vaccinated.
This month, it's 63%, because people don't trust the vaccine(s) offered (Sinovac for now, locally-produced AZ "next month"), and aren't happy with how the government is rolling it out (slowly)

There was another recent poll about how much people know about the vaccines, which they trust/prefer etc. Pfizer and Moderna were by far the highest in trust, and - no fucking surprise - Sinovac wasn't even on the survey, because why ask people if they feel safe with the only vaccine the government actually has right now. That might have an embarrassing outcome.

Top Bottom