COVID 19 The Vaccine Thread

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Brag about it, discuss it, whatever. I'm getting my second Pfizer dose on Saturday in CA and looking forward to being done with it. I'm already feeling empowered to go out and shop and in a state with a mask mandate and an infection rate of under 2% people here seem to have gotten the message.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think I’ve mentioned I work at the facility that produces the Moderna vaccine. We made an arrangement with Moderna to get our workforce vaccinated so I had my first shot last week. Had chills that night and didn’t feel great the next day.

What I’m really looking forward to is my wife getting hers. She should be done my mid-May. Then we’re going out to eat.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I think I’ve mentioned I work at the facility that produces the Moderna vaccine. We made an arrangement with Moderna to get our workforce vaccinated so I had my first shot last week. Had chills that night and didn’t feel great the next day.

What I’m really looking forward to is my wife getting hers. She should be done my mid-May. Then we’re going out to eat.
Pretty much the same reaction here after my first dose of Pfizer, hoping the second dose doesn't lay the whammy on me but I'll deal with it to get my life back.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Kind of frustrated with the rollout. My age group is finally eligible to get the vaccine, however it's basically impossible to find an appointment. It's probably going to be at least another month before I get my vaccine because of the appointment situation. I'm so tired of waiting and seeing everyone else get their shot.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Kind of frustrated with the rollout. My age group is finally eligible to get the vaccine, however it's basically impossible to find an appointment. It's probably going to be at least another month before I get my vaccine because of the appointment situation. I'm so tired of waiting and seeing everyone else get their shot.
What are the qualifiers in your state? You can always look closely at them, if you live with a parent for example you can put down caretaker, etc. I know in CA they don't even ask for verification when you show up.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I'll also add that you can call your local pharmacies and ask to be put on a list in case they have extras, we did this with my wife. Once opened they have to use up apparently.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
What are the qualifiers in your state? You can always look closely at them, if you live with a parent for example you can put down caretaker, etc. I know in CA they don't even ask for verification when you show up.
They’ve opened it up to anyone 16 and older.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
They’ve opened it up to anyone 16 and older.
Ahh, okay I see. I'll just throw this out there in case you haven't seen it, it's been successful for a lot of people.

Also, with whatever spare time you have if you can refresh your local pharmacy page it'll increase your odds but I feel your frustration, it was the same for us.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Ahh, okay I see. I'll just throw this out there in case you haven't seen it, it's been successful for a lot of people.

Also, with whatever spare time you have if you can refresh your local pharmacy page it'll increase your odds but I feel your frustration, it was the same for us.
Go figure, I was able to find an appointment shortly after posting lol. I'll have my shot next week!

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Color me envious, will probably be several months until I get my shot. Happy for everyone that gets it, though, the more the merrier! Frell you, virus!

Today, April 1st, of all days, the Swedish government finally publicly gave up on their goal to have everyone (who wants to be) vaccinated by the end of June. August 15th is the new official target for everyone getting their first shot, with people aged 65+ offered a first shot by May 16th.

Time will tell...

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Four days until I get my second dose. I already feel less ... what's the opposite of invincible? My son, in Brooklyn, finally got an appointment for his first jab on the 24th. NY stopped rolling out groups and just went wide open for anyone over 16. Makes good sense.

Once I get my 2nd dose, I'm going for take-out, getting a huge meal for 4 and heading over to our best friends' place. They've both been vaccinated, but one of them has had some medical issues that have kept him pretty much indoors for the last month. Prior to Covid, the four of us went out to dinner weekly. Every week for the last 25 years. That's what I've missed most.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Four days until I get my second dose. I already feel less ... what's the opposite of invincible? My son, in Brooklyn, finally got an appointment for his first jab on the 24th. NY stopped rolling out groups and just went wide open for anyone over 16. Makes good sense.

Once I get my 2nd dose, I'm going for take-out, getting a huge meal for 4 and heading over to our best friends' place. They've both been vaccinated, but one of them has had some medical issues that have kept him pretty much indoors for the last month. Prior to Covid, the four of us went out to dinner weekly. Every week for the last 25 years. That's what I've missed most.
Awesome, for those of us who have taken all the precautions over the last year this is especially liberating. We also have some friends who have been fully vaccinated that we're making dinner plans with after our second dose, can't wait!

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Awesome, for those of us who have taken all the precautions over the last year this is especially liberating. We also have some friends who have been fully vaccinated that we're making dinner plans with after our second dose, can't wait!
Still not sure when I'll feel comfortable enough to eat in a restaurant though.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Still not sure when I'll feel comfortable enough to eat in a restaurant though.
Same here, we'll keep it strictly at one of our houses and since we'll all be vaccinated it feels safe. As for dining out there's no way I'll be doing that anytime soon at all, I'll wait for guidelines to show us it's 100% safe first.

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
I've had both of my jabs and am now totally protected, since the second dose of Moderna was just over two weeks ago. I haven't changed any of my behavioral patterns, am still doing the same precautions and such. A good friend was able to get her first injection a week ago and her next one will be later this month, so already we are thinking of May as a good time to finally be able to get back together in person again. It's been way too long! Hopefully by then the weather will be nice enough to enjoy eating outdoors on a restaurant's patio or something.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Got my second vaccination today. Once again, they were very friendly and efficient.

Like last time, they gave everyone a timer to hold, set at 15 min., and had us sit and wait. Unlike last time, every chair in the place was facing the same direction. I don't know, it just felt a little odd. I wanted to ask someone, "What time do we land in Chicago?"

Then I heard a few people behind me going, "Hey!" When I turned around I saw they were calling for the nurses' attention because a young man had fainted in his chair. Wow, those nurses were impressive. Within about 10 seconds there must've been about eight nurses around the guy, reviving him, talking to him, asking him how he felt. Another minute and they had him on a BP device (or pulse ox, or both?). Another minute later they had his feet up on a second chair, and seconds after that they brought in a gurney to transport him elsewhere for observation.

Maybe @P_X can explain more, but I've heard that it's younger people that have a higher chance of a bad reaction to the shot than us older folks.

Anyway, after that it was back to us just sitting there, with timers all around me going BEEP-BEEP-BEEP, BEEP-BEEP-BEEP. It felt a bit silly, so when the timer for the guy in front of me went BEEP-BEEP-BEEP I got a laugh from several people by telling the nurse, "The pot roast is done!"

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Got my second vaccination today. Once again, they were very friendly and efficient.

Like last time, they gave everyone a timer to hold, set at 15 min., and had us sit and wait. Unlike last time, every chair in the place was facing the same direction. I don't know, it just felt a little odd. I wanted to ask someone, "What time do we land in Chicago?"

Then I heard a few people behind me going, "Hey!" When I turned around I saw they were calling for the nurses' attention because a young man had fainted in his chair. Wow, those nurses were impressive. Within about 10 seconds there must've been about eight nurses around the guy, reviving him, talking to him, asking him how he felt. Another minute and they had him on a BP device (or pulse ox, or both?). Another minute later they had his feet up on a second chair, and seconds after that they brought in a gurney to transport him elsewhere for observation.

Maybe @P_X can explain more, but I've heard that it's younger people that have a higher chance of a bad reaction to the shot than us older folks.

Anyway, after that it was back to us just sitting there, with timers all around me going BEEP-BEEP-BEEP, BEEP-BEEP-BEEP. It felt a bit silly, so when the timer for the guy in front of me went BEEP-BEEP-BEEP I got a laugh from several people by telling the nurse, "The pot roast is done!"
Funny you mention that because when I went for my first shot they said a had lady also passed out but it sounds like it may be common for any sort of vaccine and the CDC doesn't seem to make a big deal about it.

I also had my second dose today and there was no line, I was able to basically walk in, get the shot and leave all within 20 minutes including the wait.

Top Bottom
1 2