COVID 19 The Vaccine Thread

U

User.45

FYI to peepz, antibody titers peak 6 weeks after the first dose, so hypothetically, you should NOT consider yourself immune until at least 2 weeks from the completion of your immunization (i.e. 2nd shot with mRNA and the single shot with J&J).

You guys remember the congresswoman who got COVID during the capitol siege 4 days after dose #1? Exact example as to besides all the shit, COVID is still lurking...

/me Debbie Downer.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
FYI to peepz, antibody titers peak 6 weeks after the first dose, so hypothetically, you should NOT consider yourself immune until at least 2 weeks from the completion of your immunization (i.e. 2nd shot with mRNA and the single shot with J&J).

You guys remember the congresswoman who got COVID during the capitol siege 4 days after dose #1? Exact example as to besides all the shit, COVID is still lurking...

/me Debbie Downer.
I am sticking with the guidelines all the way here and figure why take any risks when we're this close. In a couple of more weeks I should be good to go but will mask up and still won't hang around anyone who isn't vaccinated.

I understand some still can't get the shot so I look forward to when they can but there are those who will refuse it as well and I will not be hanging out with them until we either have heard immunity or unless the CDC says it's safe to do so.

We have friends who never wore masks, some which have gotten the virus, that don't want the vaccine who now want to have a party. Even being fully vaccinated and outdoors at a backyard party I would want to wear a mask, I would be the only one doing it and would probably be looked down upon for it. So I'm not going, just not there yet.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
That's why I'm not going to visit the family for another two weeks. Got my second jab yesterday. Arm's a little sore, but with all the shoulder issues I've been having it's hard to tell if it's from the needle or just the usual pain. Beyond that, I feel fantastic.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
That's why I'm not going to visit the family for another two weeks. Got my second jab yesterday. Arm's a little sore, but with all the shoulder issues I've been having it's hard to tell if it's from the needle or just the usual pain. Beyond that, I feel fantastic.
Awesome news, congratulations! It's a liberating feeling, isn't it?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Same but only a little and only when I lift it. The nurse told me it can take 8-10 hours to feel any side effects. I hope I don't go DEFCON by tomorrow morning, lol.
Even if you do just remember that it won't last long, for me it was about 24 hours then just tired for the next couple of days and in the end it was not a big deal at all. A couple of Tylenol really knocked it out.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It's really sore this morning but I'm sure the Tylenol will help. Definitely feeling tired as well but still worth everything to get vaccinated.
Awesome, if being tired is all that's left you're doing great and the worst is behind you. Such a great feeling knowing you're protected.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
OK, we have our second Moderna shot tonight, I'll check in - or attempt to - We're getting a few groceries, then the shot, then hitting this "new" killer Mexican joint (quoted as it's a new location, but they've had others for years).

Mexican + Tequila > Moderna reaction

Also this ...

1617992597057.png

The Swedes would not steer us wrong. Going to score some Deaths Door ... hahahaha ...

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
OK, we have our second Moderna shot tonight, I'll check in - or attempt to - We're getting a few groceries, then the shot, then hitting this "new" killer Mexican joint (quoted as it's a new location, but they've had others for years).

Also this ...

View attachment 4379

The Swedes would not steer us wrong. Going to score some Deaths Door ... hahahaha ...
As a fellow Moderna "victim", I'm hoping your second shot goes smoothly. That's the one I'm most worried about since many have said it's worse than the first round. Still worth it IMO and it sounds like you have your 2nd round shot celebration well in order! 🍹

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score

Also this ...

View attachment 4379

lol what? Never heard of that. Someone must have made that up to justify their drinking...

Actually, seems to be a US thing.

Top Bottom
1 2