COVID 19 The Vaccine Thread

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
61 hours since my first jab. Arm is still attached to my body. Feeling good. #TeamPfizer

According to some MR poster I’ll be dead in 2-3 years like everybody else who got injected with an mRNA vaccine… Well, unsupported crackpot claims aside, that would likely be 2-3 years more than if I were to catch the virus now, so hell yeah, vaccine!

My nice elderly neighbor had a rough day after her first AstraZeneca jab, high fever and headache, but is now back to her cheerful self. She is really happy about having gotten a vaccine but worried about our elderly astrology neighbor being an anti-vaxxer and putting everyone at risk.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
61 hours since my first jab. Arm is still attached to my body. Feeling good. #TeamPfizer

According to some MR poster I’ll be dead in 2-3 years like everybody else who got injected with an mRNA vaccine… Well, unsupported crackpot claims aside, that would likely be 2-3 years more than if I were to catch the virus now, so hell yeah, vaccine!

My nice elderly neighbor had a rough day after her first AstraZeneca jab, high fever and headache, but is now back to her cheerful self. She is really happy about having gotten a vaccine but worried about our elderly astrology neighbor being an anti-vaxxer and putting everyone at risk.

If the vaccine does in fact kill us, that's a far better fate than being alive surrounded by all the idiots and crackpots who happened to be right on just this one paranoia.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
If the vaccine does in fact kill us, that's a far better fate than being alive surrounded by all the idiots and crackpots who happened to be right on just this one paranoia.
Just visited a Swedish tech forum I’ve been a member of for decades and noticed a thread roughly translating to “Will you get the covid-19 vaccine when it is made available?“. Man was browsing that thread a mistake! You are spot on regarding a far better fate… 😩

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just visited a Swedish tech forum I’ve been a member of for decades and noticed a thread roughly translating to “Will you get the covid-19 vaccine when it is made available?“. Man was browsing that thread a mistake! You are spot on regarding a far better fate… 😩
No shit, really? That’s a bummer.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
No shit, really? That’s a bummer.
Yeah… We have tons of sane people too of course, not just idiots. But the loud idiots are very vocal.

There was a poll attached to the thread. Let’s see…
Will you get the vaccine?
1. Yes, as soon there is one (57% / 439 votes)
2. Yes, when it’s been available a couple of months (23% / 179 votes)
3. No (20% / 154 votes)

Translating stuff while maintaining both meaning, tone and a hint of lacking grammar is hard, but I’m bored enough to give some posts a try.

The “government” in the translations refer specifically to “Regeringen” (The Prime Minister and cabinet ministers of his choosing).

I have ZERO confidence in the current government with vaccines.
Dude, good thing they got ZERO to do with them then!

Absolutely not, primarily one does not know what all these vaccines contain.

I don’t think even the government themselves know what they’re doing, seems to be just messing around.

Believe more in a good diet and exercise.
We know exactly what the vaccines contain! Do you believe they contain hidden microchips, bacteria to rewire your brain to vote red (i.e. very left here), or something like that?

Being in good physical shape surely is beneficial, but is not a substitute for a vaccine nor a guarantee for consequence free covid-19.

Who knows what happens in the body with all these vaccines?
I’m not afraid of the syringe, but I am skeptical of the contents.
If only there were some established procedures and rules for testing vaccines and stuff…

Then we have some “I had covid, no biggie” and a case of “l had covid, it was fine, but my parents got the vaccine and felt like crap for two days”.

Oh, and someone linked a Joe Rogan video…

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah… We have tons of sane people too of course, not just idiots. But the loud idiots are very vocal.

There was a poll attached to the thread. Let’s see…

Translating stuff while maintaining both meaning, tone and a hint of lacking grammar is hard, but I’m bored enough to give some posts a try.

The “government” in the translations refer specifically to “Regeringen” (The Prime Minister and cabinet ministers of his choosing).

Dude, good thing they got ZERO to do with them then!

We know exactly what the vaccines contain! Do you believe they contain hidden microchips, bacteria to rewire your brain to vote red (i.e. very left here), or something like that?

Being in good physical shape surely is beneficial, but is not a substitute for a vaccine nor a guarantee for consequence free covid-19.

If only there were some established procedures and rules for testing vaccines and stuff…

Then we have some “I had covid, no biggie” and a case of “l had covid, it was fine, but my parents got the vaccine and felt like crap for two days”.

Oh, and someone linked a Joe Rogan video…
Ay yi yi, so stupid it hurts. I’m on another forum that’s about skiing but of course Covid is discussed. Someone was talking about convincing people to get vaccinated and that name calling or criticizing their politics would be anti-productive so we have to find another way.

I take his point but I just don’t believe it’s possible. You’ve got to crack through the conservative media brainwashing and that shit just ain’t happening.

Also when I bring up conservative media there, I get jumped on a bit with people saying it’s both sides of the spectrum. I’m not seeing mainstream media encouraging people to make their own choice about vaccines. It’s weird that a ski forum has so many vocal right wingers. We try to stay off politics but it’s hard.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
Why religion really exists for some

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1390383616685875201/

So they can just make up shit, as opposed to just nutting up, and saying they don't want to do something or others for that matter.
tenor.gif

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
A guy who works at my place has declined the vaccine. I asked him why and he said ‘because of what I know’. I asked him what he knew, and listened to 5 minutes of the most unbelievable bollocks I have ever heard in my 38 years on this planet. It was one of those situations where there is no point even trying to educate the person and you simply have to walk away and hope you haven’t lost any brain cells yourself in the time spent in their company.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
A guy who works at my place has declined the vaccine. I asked him why and he said ‘because of what I know’. I asked him what he knew, and listened to 5 minutes of the most unbelievable bollocks I have ever heard in my 38 years on this planet. It was one of those situations where there is no point even trying to educate the person and you simply have to walk away and hope you haven’t lost any brain cells yourself in the time spent in their company.
I don’t know a proper word for one aspect of the conspiracy theorist mentality. It’s that part that thinks “I won’t be fooled, I’m never a sucker, I’m smarter than the sheep”.

It is VERY VERY important that they feel smarter than the rest. You can call it insecurity but I think it needs to be more specific for our times.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
You've just literally described every Trump supporter.

Top Bottom
1 2