Think I just worked it out...

D

Deleted member 199

You're, like, the third or fourth person to use that same wording. Says something, doesn't it?
Everyone's a clone?

Sock puppet accounts?

We're living in the matrix and he's a program.

It's one person with multiple accounts but they're a time traveller posting the same thing at different points in time.

No? none of those? It can't possibly be that overbearing inconsistent opaque moderation makes people feel like they're in an artificially sterile, fragile environment.... can it?

U

User.191

You're, like, the third or fourth person to use that same wording. Says something, doesn't it?
It’s so bad for me I’ve developed an almost Pavlovian response to seeing a PM - even here!

The mods at MR are now, in my opinion, out of control and drunk on the power they claim they don’t possess.

U

User.45

I think you nailed it. And part of it is that we all have a sense of humor and are not afraid to show it.
It’s also different because, as someone pointed out recently, we are a bit of an echo chamber. I wouldn’t mind seeing some differing opinions as long as we’re all respectful. (What I dread is the day that people start coming in just to be jackasses.)
Yup, @MissNomer nailed it. But it's also because this is a small group and you don't really open yourself up for attacks by not trying to appear super serious. It would be nice to have other viewpoints, but Lostngone was an absolute jackass while here. When I sent him a PM telling him I can be a hothead, but would love to hear his take (on gun control) in a data-driven discussion, his response was mocking the expression data-driven and removing himself from here. This still baffles me. We also hurt @Gutwrench's feelings after he achieved a 1-week temp lockout from a single thread after trolling @SuperMatt and I for a week. He made it his mission to teach us how to approach issues in a "tough minded" (his words) way. So if other viewpoints are represented like this, I'll prefer an echo chamber.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Yup. Showing a sense of humor on that other place will make WeaselBoy issue you a warning.

wrong moderator, but true enough

They're just such unfunny fucks, seriously, that's a big line-in-the-sand for me, if you can't laugh with me, at yourself, hell, at me when I'm being a dork, no thanks.

But it's also because this is a small group and you don't really open yourself up for attacks [...]

Hey, fuck you buddy!

U

User.45

Off-topic apparently, even though it was posted in a thread with a poll that I am referring to in the post. I did query this. Note that this was on Jul 12. I finally got a response in September

View attachment 5535
This is again a professionalism issue. If they have the capacity to mod subtle posts, then they need to have the capacity to review these in a timely fashion. Meanwhile, trolls roam free.

Last edited by a moderator:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Hahahaha, the stars are hysterical, I mean, FFS, you can say racist/sexist/ medically dangerous shit, have a news article about a new Apple product ad that's perceived as "Left" and have trolls posting shit about that / laughing/mocking, but OMG I USED AN EXPLICATIVE NOW THE BOARD IS A HORRIBLE PLACE!

D

Deleted member 199

Had you posted that at a certain other place it would have read like this:
What, we can all read this fine:
I call this a well thought out and timely response to an honest mistake made by very hard working, handsome and all round super nice great people who are just completely underestimated and are treated like shit by the rest of you snivelling scum I mean what do we..er they have to do to get some appreciation around here.....

U

User.45

Hahahaha, the stars are hysterical, I mean, FFS, you can say racist/sexist/ medically dangerous shit, have a news article about a new Apple product ad that's perceived as "Left" and have trolls posting shit about that / laughing/mocking, but OMG I USED AN EXPLICATIVE NOW THE BOARD IS A HORRIBLE PLACE!
It's also part of misplaced American prudery. You can't use expletives, because they are offensive but you can tout your murder stick because it's your right. It's just fucking insane.

D

Deleted member 199

I got a warning for posting a link to the UD definition of "motor boating" (i.e. face in boobs) in a PRSI thread about trumps boat thing.
A post talking about styles and duration of some guy fucking his wife seeming impressive because of trump, was fine.