Think I just worked it out...

U

User.191

Hahahaha, the stars are hysterical, I mean, FFS, you can say racist/sexist/ medically dangerous shit, have a news article about a new Apple product ad that's perceived as "Left" and have trolls posting shit about that / laughing/mocking, but OMG I USED AN EXPLICATIVE NOW THE BOARD IS A HORRIBLE PLACE!
All I can say is **** *** ******* *** **** ***** *** *** ******** ***********************************************

(Think I spelled that last expletive correctly...)

U

User.191

With that many characters it has to be German. Or maybe Welsh?
Hah! - It’s obviously it’s a portmanteau of three different words: one in Swedish, second in Afrikaans and the third in ancient Aramaic - all translated by Google into “English”.

Even the mods at MR would have understood that…

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I just use my social security number, same as all my other passwords.

Why not, since hackers and corporate overlords have already figured out everything about us anyway.

I mean between hacks of Equifax and of the US Treasury and the data stashes of behemoths like Google and Amazon, if there's a pristine identify left on the planet it's only because the ink isn't dry on its owner's birth certificate (even if there was a gender reveal party for said individual).

And for how much longer can biometric data help lock stuff down? Waiting for the morning I pick up my XR to head downstairs to make coffee and the thing looks at my face and puts up a warning that my device is now deactivated on account of how three seconds earlier, "my face" picked up a clone of my XR in some restaurant seven thousand miles from my bedroom.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
The 🤣 reaction feels really different here. Over there I often perceive it as “Laughing at you because you write stupid things” and only sometimes as “haha, funny post!”.

Here, where you are allowed to call out bullshit as well as are allowed to exhibit a sense of humor, 🤣 feels like a much more positive reaction overall!

D

Deleted member 199

The 🤣 reaction feels really different here. Over there I often perceive it as “Laughing at you because you write stupid things” and only sometimes as “haha, funny post!”.

Here, where you are allowed to call out bullshit as well as are allowed to exhibit a sense of humor, 🤣 feels like a much more positive reaction overall!
And conversely I’ve seen the angry? Upset - I dunno what it is the red face about to have an aneurism - here and not once thought it might mean the person was angry or upset at what I wrote, but instead the topic of discussion, the event I described etc.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score

And conversely I’ve seen the angry? Upset - I dunno what it is the red face about to have an aneurism - here and not once thought it might mean the person was angry or upset at what I wrote, but instead the topic of discussion, the event I described etc.
Yep, both of these. I've noticed that as well. It could also be that since the disagree reaction is available everywhere you don't have to resort to using one of the other reactions to convey disagreement or stupidity.

D

Deleted member 199

Yep, both of these. I've noticed that as well. It could also be that since the disagree reaction is available everywhere you don't have to resort to using one of the other reactions to convey disagreement or stupidity.
I don't know that I've seen the 'dislike' one used here yet. The way it's used at the other place is kind of bizarre, but not really unique amongst sites with any kind of 'dislike' feature.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I don't know that I've seen the 'dislike' one used here yet. The way it's used at the other place is kind of bizarre, but not really unique amongst sites with any kind of 'dislike' feature.
I believe @Alli used it against me once over an Oxford comma disagreement, it was savage.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Who was for and who was against? I need to know who to never talk to again.
One was for, the other was against and maintains the word and is essentially the same as a comma anyway. I'll let you work that out. :mrgreen:

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
All I can say is **** *** ******* *** **** ***** *** *** ******** ***********************************************

(Think I spelled that last expletive correctly...)
Reminds me a line from the novel M*A*S*H, when the characters ship out after their tour of duty is over. (This is from memory, not verbatim.)

Hawkeye is standing on the troop ship as it begins to depart and says, “And as we leave the beautiful country of Korea, the grateful natives line the shore and chant, ‘Motherfuckers! Motherfuckers! Motherfuckers!’”