1625857554586.png

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Woah, that's interesting. I think we have a lot of MacRumors eyes on us now.
It's like that either way, this site (formerly PoliticalGroove.com) has been around for a really long time and when it's active it always attracts a lot of guest traffic. My guess is little to none of it is from MR.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Oh, wow! I thought it's only been around for a year now.
I've had both domain names for upwards of 10 years now. PoliticalGroove was once a forum as well but it died off after the 2016 election, it had around 1/2 million posts but I wanted to start fresh again since it was all so old. Then I decided to make TalkedAbout the primary domain now as I wanted to move more open discussion and focus less on politics. So here we are.

OP
U

User 189

I've had both domain names for upwards of 10 years now. PoliticalGroove was once a forum as well but it died off after the 2016 election, it had around 1/2 million posts but I wanted to start fresh again since it was all so old. Then I decided to make TalkedAbout the primary domain now as I wanted to move more open discussion and focus less on politics. So here we are.
What an interesting backstory...

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Even more history, the original PoliticalGroove was just a tiny little site and a bunch of people from the official Bill Maher message board became disenfranchised with them (for whatever reasons) and there was a mass exodus to my site and it took off like wildfire after that. Seems almost like de ja vu.

Even a bit further back I started out and built up a guitar site called https://www.guitars101.com/, which I ended up selling off way back when because I was made an offer I couldn't refuse. You've also probably heard me mention my work as a moderator at vBulletin's dev site back in the day as well. So I've been working with message boards since the days of old BBS and IRC.

OP
U

User 189

Even more history, the original PoliticalGroove was just a tiny little site and a bunch of people from the official Bill Maher message board became disenfranchised with them (for whatever reasons) and there was a mass exodus to my site and it took off like wildfire after that. Seems almost like de ja vu.

Even a bit further back I started out and built up a guitar site called https://www.guitars101.com/, which I ended up selling off way back when because I was made an offer I couldn't refuse. You've also probably heard me mention my work as a moderator at vBulletin's dev site back in the day as well. So I've been working with message boards since the days of old BBS and IRC.
That's funny. I actually work closely with Discourse nowadays. :)

Maybe you should apply for a job at XenForo. :LOL:

On a slightly unrelated note...
Untitled.png

Top Bottom