Thus musician/producer thread

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
For musicians and those who produce, this is for us.

My actual production experience is slim, often times I'll create my own tunes manually by playing all the different parts myself manually. So drums, bass and guitar, my main instrument is guitar as I played professionally for 30+ years or so.

However, I'm always looking for backing tracks and youtube has become a great resource for that. Frankly, some of the music people produce/create vial computer sounds so real that it's hard to tell what's real and what isn't.

Last edited:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Saw the discussion between @PearsonX and @Chew Toy McCoy , good stuff, looking forward to listening :)

I did some plinking around way back in the day, Amiga and Atari ST, used Performer, Cubase, Zero X had some MIDI gear, a Roland 5xx, had a Korg, Yamaha DX7, didn't really create anything of significance, but it was fun :)

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Here are some tunes that I've recorded, I'm no expert when it comes to producing so take them all with a grain of salt. Home recording with the most modest of equipment. Some quantizing on the manual drum parts that I recorded with the keyboard and all done with click tracks, otherwise everything is manual on the respective instruments dubbed in with several tracks.

Blues in A, backing track was already made, I'm just playing the lead on this one.

Original that I wrote in D-flat minor. I'm playing all the different instruments on this one.

Night Ranger cover of Goodbye. I'm also manually playing all of the instruments on this.

U

User.45

Here are some tunes that I've recorded, I'm no expert when it comes to producing so take them all with a grain of salt. Home recording with the most modest of equipment. Some quantizing on the manual drum parts that I recorded with the keyboard and all done with click tracks, otherwise everything is manual on the respective instruments dubbed in with several tracks.

Blues in A, backing track was already made, I'm just playing the lead on this one.

Original that I wrote in D-flat minor. I'm playing all the different instruments on this one.

Night Ranger cover of Goodbye. I'm also manually playing all of the instruments on this.
Good stuff. You need a band and a tube amp for your guitar:) Tubes make everything cut through the mix like its butter.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Sweet blues tracks. I was lucky enough to have the closest stumbling home bar from where I live be a live blues bar. Seedy with character as fuck. I loved walking over there for some drinking and dancing to music you have no business dancing to. I said "was" because they sold it a couple years ago and they gutted the place and it's now this modern techie bar, like we already don't have enough. :mad: If they go out of business because of covid I will not be upset.

I'm still not ready to talk about my flare, but I'll be at it some point this weekend. 😐

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Sweet blues tracks. I was lucky enough to have the closest stumbling home bar from where I live be a live blues bar. Seedy with character as fuck. I loved walking over there for some drinking and dancing to music you have no business dancing to. I said "was" because they sold it a couple years ago and they gutted the place and it's now this modern techie bar, like we already don't have enough. :mad: If they go out of business because of covid I will not be upset.

I'm still not ready to talk about my flare, but I'll be at it some point this weekend. 😐
Sounds like every bar I played in for 30 years.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Frankly, some of the music people produce/create vial computer sounds so real that it's hard to tell what's real and what isn't.

I had to search a bit to find a concise video on the features of this amazing plugin that I think would work for your needs. I could go on and on but check it out and I'll gush later.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

I had to search a bit to find a concise video on the features of this amazing plugin that I think would work for your needs. I could go on and on but check it out and I'll gush later.

Okay, I'll definitely check it out. Hey, you know who else is from your neck of the woods? The Doobie Brothers, personal heroes of mine.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Okay, I'll definitely check it out. Hey, you know who else is from your neck of the woods? The Doobie Brothers, personal heroes of mine.

Doobie Brothers? Pfft. We can also claim Smash Mouth and 4 Non Blondes!!! Some real timeless classics. ;)

I do love me some Doobies, but I'm unsure of when Michael McDonald joined and if he is a local. Him with the Doobie Brothers and solo one of my faves.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Doobie Brothers? Pfft. We can also claim Smash Mouth and 4 Non Blondes!!! Some real timeless classics. ;)

I do love me some Doobies, but I'm unsure of when Michael McDonald joined and if he is a local. Him with the Doobie Brothers and solo one of my faves.
I thought I read somewhere that they found Michael McDonald playing in a bar somewhere and asked him to join. I've always liked both eras of them, McDonald definitely took them more into a pop direction but had a lot of soul.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Bringing this one back from the grave because I've been working on my amp, increased the bias to get better output from the tubes, which I'll soon be replacing anyway. So this is what my setup looks like now.

bias.jpeg

guitar_rig.jpeg

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Bringing this one back from the grave because I've been working on my amp, increased the bias to get better output from the tubes, which I'll soon be replacing anyway. So this is what my setup looks like now.

View attachment 12186

Cleaning out my mom's house, I found my old Peavey amp, c. 1980. Haven't had time to plug it in and see if it still works.

Top Bottom
1 2