Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
I swear some of the dumbest shit ever comes from TikTok

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Burning snow?

What on Earth does is this supposed to mean?

Snow melts (when heat is applied...).........if memory serves (and indeed, from what i recall from my study of science).

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Burning snow?

What on Earth does is this supposed to mean?

Snow melts (when heat is applied...).........if memory serves (and indeed, from what i recall from my study of science).
Well, that’s apparently just the thing. They expect snow to melt into water when a burning flame is applied to a snowball. But no water drops appear, so the snow must be fake snow made in China by Bill Gates in order to fake climate change!

The snowballs predictably become smaller when the heat is applied. But it is mostly a transition from solid to gas, bypassing the liquid state. Sublimation.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Well, that’s apparently just the thing. They expect snow to melt into water when a burning flame is applied to a snowball. But no water drops appear, so the snow must be fake snow made in China by Bill Gates in order to fake climate change!

The snowballs predictably become smaller when the heat is applied. But it is mostly a transition from solid to gas, bypassing the liquid state. Sublimation.

These people are terrifying in the certainty of their stupidity.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score

Seems like these people were sleeping through 5th grade science class or something.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Any consequences of that would just be interpreted as further evidence of the Bill Gates/China conspiracy.

No: Not Bill Gates. He won't do, even for Apple lovers.

George Soros is a much more attractive candidate when seeking and identifying convenient, complicated and convoluted, (and yes, wildly improbable) conspiracy theories.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
No: Not Bill Gates. He won't do, even for Apple lovers.

George Soros is a much more attractive candidate when seeking and identifying convenient, complicated and convoluted, (and yes, wildly improbable) conspiracy theories.
That would make sense if I was making things up. In this case, Bill Gates was specifically mentioned in videos starting the craze (this time). I try hard to not let my contribution to Apple’s profits get in the way of facts. :LOL:

This follow-up video from 2014 (when the same kinds of crazy burning snow conspiracies were popular) points out that most of the snow changes state into water but gets absorbed into the snow. Slush. It also shows what happens when a snowball is brought inside and melted. Weird that none of the snowball burners tried that obvious experiment instead of jumping to conclusions after the first test supported their idea of “fake snow”.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
That would make sense if I was making things up. In this case, Bill Gates was specifically mentioned in videos starting the craze (this time). I try hard to not let my contribution to Apple’s profits get in the way of facts. :LOL:

This follow-up video from 2014 (when the same kinds of crazy burning snow conspiracies were popular) points out that most of the snow changes state into water but gets absorbed into the snow. Slush. It also shows what happens when a snowball is brought inside and melted. Weird that none of the snowball burners tried that obvious experiment instead of jumping to conclusions after the first test supported their idea of “fake snow”.

Seriously?

Bill Gates?

Good grief.

These people are complete cretins. Utter imbeciles. Mindless morons.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I’m afraid so. Don’t google it unless you want to revise your opinion on those people, you are being far too kind now when describing them.

Yes, I know I am far too kind when describing them.

Like a mantra, endlessly repeated, in my mind, on a loop, are Michelle Obama'a words (when they go low, we go high), or, rather, when the words I wish to use suggest themselves, I try to persuade myself to desist, to resist this (compelling) temptation, it is not that I don't want to.....engage with them, (despise them, detest them, dismember them, destroy them) it is that I attempt to adhere to (sustain?) the standards I try to set for myself.

Not always entirely successfully, alas.

Sometimes, not even remotely successfully.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2