Tis the lying season...

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
In years gone by, each of the debates would sometimes have two or three moderators.

Now, if I’m thinking like Giuliani, I’d want my panel of moderators to be, like, Jon Stewart, Keith Olbermann and Paul Krugman. 😁

They're close to not thinking any more, just shooting from the hip, which of course suits Trump just fine. But I think the inner circle of advisors is starting to panic over how volatile Trump has been lately, and so is the RNC. Hard to run campaigns for the House and Senate with this impulsively off-message guy at the top firing off tweets at will as if they were hand grenades.

At least some of those red state chairs and campaign managers need to get some indie votes in hand --especially in swing districts-- to ensure their various candidates' re-election. But Trump only thinks about how his own base regards him this afternoon. So 2020 may not end well for some of those R congresscritters who lost ground in 2018 but managed to hang onto their seats back then.

lizkat

Reaction score
And then there's "the memo".... from Trump's White House to all executive branch agencies about changes in how and when they bring enforcement cases. Yeah, and to run potential inquiries past political appointees before launching investigations. Just in case you were still wondering if this bunch of grifters were seriously corrupt or just phoning it in.

John C. Cruden, a former Justice Department official in the Obama administration, called the memo “unprecedented.”

“At a time in our nation’s history when even-handed, statutory-based enforcement should be vigorously supported and encouraged, this policy goes in the opposite direction,” said Cruden, who served as assistant attorney general for the Justice Department’s Environment and Natural Resources Division. He added that the memo “provides an excuse for agencies to reduce or eliminate enforcement.”

lizkat

Reaction score
😡 They’re running a racket the Mafia can only dream of.

And why not, they seem to have the US Attorney General in their pocket.

The attached cartoon probably relates to the unusual circumstance of Barr's having said the DoJ will suddenly take up Trump's defense against the defamation suit being brought by Ms. E. Jean Carroll

(replacing Trump's private lawyers, on the perhaps rather fragile grounds that it's within the scope of a sitting president's duties to have denied knowing someone who has accused said president of rape)....​

but it certainly also has more general applicability to how Barr and Trump regard the ideals of the US Department of Justice.

cartoon Barr Trump Justice.jpg

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
And why not, they seem to have the US Attorney General in their pocket.

The attached cartoon probably relates to the unusual circumstance of Barr's having said the DoJ will suddenly take up Trump's defense against the defamation suit being brought by Ms. E. Jean Carroll

(replacing Trump's private lawyers, on the perhaps rather fragile grounds that it's within the scope of a sitting president's duties to have denied knowing someone who has accused said president of rape)....​

but it certainly also has more general applicability to how Barr and Trump regard the ideals of the US Department of Justice.
At least he tried to be coy about using Barr for his personal bidding before but now they're outright admitting to it. It seems like Barr was once a reputable man but a perfect example of one who has sold his soul to appease that monster. It's sad.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
*Gag.* A Cleveland cop was shot and killed the other day, and they held his funeral today with all the traditional police pomp and ceremony, as they should. And who do I see speaking prominently at the cop's service? Bill Barr. It's enough to make you wanna puke.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
CNN published this story about a Trump commercial that depicts both Biden and Harris as pro-riot. I have to say, the commercial is perhaps the most desperate, egregiously dishonest one Donald has put out yet.

Top Bottom
1 2