To police officers everywhere - get vaccinated or take a walk

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Your job is to protect and serve, if you can't protect yourself then how and the hell can we expect you to protect others. For the millions of people who have sacrificed and done the right thing, we have no pity for your sorry asses asking for leniency. If you don't get the vaccine, you don't deserve the job.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Then there's this from CNN...

Five times as many police officers have died from Covid-19 as from gunfire since start of pandemic.
(CNN)Jessica Desfosses shared the final heartrending text messages she exchanged with her police officer husband in the days before he died from Covid-19.
"Commercial just came on tv a casket saying take Covid seriously... 0 consideration for those of us fighting for every breath," Stephen Desfosses wrote in a series of exchanges that began last Christmas Eve as his condition steadily deteriorated in a Massachusetts hospital.
"Your husband is going to [be] changed forever no matter what happens...my life has flashed before my eyes and man it's scary," he wrote in another message, which his wife posted to Facebook last summer.
Det. Sgt. Stephen Desfosses, 52, a veteran of more than 30 years with the Norton Police Department, died on January 13. He was one of at least 231 officers who died of Covid-19 this year, according to the Officer Down Memorial Page (ODMP).
There were 245 law enforcement deaths from Covid-19 in 2020, according to ODMP.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/19/us/police-covid-vaccination-hesitancy/index.html

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Then there's this from CNN...

Five times as many police officers have died from Covid-19 as from gunfire since start of pandemic.

I know at one point there was an account on Twitter posting all of the police officers and other city servants dying from Covid in the Houston area. There were a lot of police officers dying.

If they want to die to own the libs, let 'em!

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Plus covid has killed more cops then anything else in the last couple years over 200. iI lean its to like they can avoid getting near others either.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Vaccinated
Reaction score
It really does make you scratch your head why the police are adamant about this. They were considered to be amongst the first to be offered the vaccine out of concern for their safety EARLY over others. Only the find out they went, "nah, I'm good". Then find out that Covid is the leading killer of the very police, that some cry we the public aren't concerned enough about.

🤨

They were literally put at the head of the line for vaccines, for recognition of the importance of their job.

And we find ourselves in weird situations like Chicago, where the police union head is actively spreading falsehoods & comparing the vaccine like the showers in nazi Germany, to dissuade members from getting the vaccine. WTF?!

The mind blowing part about the union leader? The story of a previous union leader.

First responders around the country have been hit hard by the virus but have been resisting vaccine mandates. More than 460 law enforcement officers have died of Covid-19, including four members of the Chicago Police Department, according the Officer Down Memorial Page. On Tuesday, Dean Angelo, who once held Catanzara’s union position, died of the disease.

Los Angeles police and county sheriff, and Seattle police are among the departments either under vaccine mandates or facing one.

Catanzara has clashed with the mayor over a host of issues. After the city announced the vaccine mandate in August, the union head compared it to something that might happen to Nazi Germany, telling the Sun-Times, “This ain’t Nazi ... Germany (saying) ‘Step into the ... showers, the pills won’t hurt you.’”

Lightfoot blasted Catanzara for his “offensive outburst” and Catanzara posted a video on the union’s YouTube channel apologizing for his choice of words, saying he was not trying to link vaccinations to what happened during the Holocaust.

The former head DIES of Covid!

Whaaaaaa?!!!! How is that NOT a wailing siren to get the vaccine?

Also, if we've learned anything, if anyone trots out the nazi analogy. You should F'N ignore them. That's an uncreative hack trading in feelings over fact.

GermanSuplex

Site Champ
Reaction score
Lori Lightfoot (mayor of Chicago) is in a battle with the head of the CPU (Chicago Police Union) over the vaccine, and they say up to half of cops could lose their jobs.

It's time to be firm and fair. What's the thread title? Get vaccinated or take a walk? Yeah. I'm not entirely sure rampant corruption and decades-long habits of big city police forces operating like gangs themselves aren't part of the problem. In fact, I'm sure they are. And maybe this is a great time to start replacing these cops with more officers who actually do care about public health and safety. If a cop is unvaccinated, I don't get a choice in dealing with them. And they respond to more than just crime. They also respond to other disturbances, which could include elderly people, folks with compromised immune systems, etc. This is really just common sense.

Lori Lightfoot should stick to her mandate. As should other leaders elsewhere. Using crime stats in Chicago to defend unvaccinated officers is gaslighting by the GOP, and many of their constituents are probably in the force. If there are officers with legit concerns about the vaccine, fine, sit them down and educate them - and then fire them if that doesn't work. But I wager there are few people with that mindset. I'm sure most are conservative anti-vaccine folks more concerned with making a political point. This is a matter of public safety - and if you're not vaccinated, you are an increased risk to the safety others and maybe you should take up selling watercolor paintings on eBay or some other job.

The vaccine hesitancy among police officers is quite mind boggling and really just plain stupid.

As I mentioned above, I believe a lot of it is less about any practical or logical reason, and more about making a political statement. We are in a world now where instead of being happy we can agree on something, we now need to disagree about EVERYTHING. Literally everything is a wedge issue.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
And we find ourselves in weird situations like Chicago, where the police union head is actively spreading falsehoods & comparing the vaccine like the showers in nazi Germany, to dissuade members from getting the vaccine. WTF?!

The guy's a fucking ghoul. So not only is it about resisting the vaccine but also resisting the backup alternative of regular testing?

After Friday, unvaccinated workers who won’t submit to semiweekly coronavirus testing will be placed on unpaid leave.

Ulenspiegel

διπλωμάτης
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Starting yesterday vaccination is obligatory for law enforcement and all those who work for the government in my country.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Infection rates are finally starting to fall in lots of places. Think that’s a coincidence?

So mandatory vaccinations? Best thing government and business have done in concert in years.

And another thing. I have a feeling a Venn diagram of crooked cops, and cops who refuse the vaccine, will have a pretty large crossover. And if that’s true, that’s another favor the vaccine will have done us.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Your job is to protect and serve, if you can't protect yourself then how and the hell can we expect you to protect others. For the millions of people who have sacrificed and done the right thing, we have no pity for your sorry asses asking for leniency. If you don't get the vaccine, you don't deserve the job.
WTF is this stupidity about getting vaccinated? It amounts to a death wish.

Top Bottom