Today’s Shooting (an ongoing topic)

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey, we just past historic gun control legislation! We couldn’t possibly consider more for at least 3 decades. Why you buzz killing the recent historic gun control legislation? I sure hope the ongoing mass shootings don’t deflate the great accomplishment that was the recent historic gun control legislation.
There was a time when switch blades were illegal, because wait for it… they were considered to dangerous of a weapon in the hands of bad people, but that meant they were illegal to sell. That’s kind of a joke, because now it’s Duh every walking talking adult asshole has a god given right to carry the ability to kill a dozen people when they have a bad day.

The gun lobby are a bunch of selfish morons, as long as they can have their gun, they feel safe, so they can fight the govement when the time comes. And law abiding citizens are, until they are not, and tough luck, if you or your family end up as collateral that is just the price of my freedom. :oops:

I heard a red neck in the gym the other day not only talking about his drug dealing friends, but that he was ready, his gun loaded when the call comes through for the civil war. :mad:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I would think a lot (most?) of those 300 mass shootings are actually gang violence, which I think is a related problem but with different causes and solutions compared to the much more senseless mass shootings like Uvalde and Buffalo. That’s not to say it’s not a serious problem though. Especially considering innocent people often get caught in the cross fire. The fact remains were the only wealthy country with a gun problem to this extent and it’s only getting worse.

In the case of non-gang affiliated perpetrators targeting innocent civilians, making a public example out of them (ie pillorying them) might only embolden them. A lot of these psychopaths are seeking notoriety to begin with. And most of them feel like they have nothing to live for anyways and wrongly slighted by life/society anyways, so torturing them so to speak night only justify their sentiment.

I would actually suggest not giving mass shooters the attention they crave, ie not publicizing their name, pictures, etc- in cases where they kill themselves, are killed, or are caught prior to a manhunt. The practicality of doing so is probably very difficult since people want to have answers and there are obviously some legal/ethical questions around doing that. I suppose that could also lead to unintended consequences too ie being more likely to create the circumstances for a manhunt so that their name and picture had to be released. But it’s an interesting tactic to think about.
Knowledge and awareness of these events need to be known, not sensationalized, or exaggerated which seems to be tricky in some corners of mass media.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Knowledge and awareness of these events need to be known, not sensationalized, or exaggerated which seems to be tricky in some corners of mass media.
There is one common factor in all the mass shootings: guns. The question “how did we not see this coming” when it’s learned it was a disaffected white young man… is absurd. There are so many of them. There is no way to tell which one(s) will snap and commit these violent acts.

Step 1: Ban semi-automatic weapons for civilians, starting with the AR-15s and equivalents.

Let’s see where we go from there. This is the real world, not “Minority Report” where we can predict who will or will not commit crimes.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
There was a time when switch blades were illegal, because wait for it… they were considered to dangerous of a weapon in the hands of bad people, but that meant they were illegal to sell. That’s kind of a joke, because now it’s Duh every walking talking adult asshole has a god given right to carry the ability to kill a dozen people when they have a bad day.

The gun lobby are a bunch of selfish morons, as long as they can have their gun, they feel safe, so they can fight the govement when the time comes. And law abiding citizens are, until they are not, and tough luck, if you or your family end up as collateral that is just the price of my freedom. :oops:

I heard a red neck in the gym the other day not only talking about his drug dealing friends, but that he was ready, his gun loaded when the call comes through for the civil war. :mad:

I remember back in the 80’s when ninja movies were a thing only to find out most of their weapons were illegal. I did get some throwing stars though and of course made some crappy ones in metal shop. Despite that we solved most of our disputes through break dancing and survived to fight another day.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
😧

🙄
🤦🏽‍♀️

Is she ESL?

If these folks didn’t spout such hateful and harmful rhetoric about everything, all the time, it would be far easier to believe she misspoke.

When many in one party think January 6 was a normal tourist visit or that the insurrectionists were “hugging and kissing” the Capitol police, I’d imagine you’re not far off from thinking blowing someone’s head off is a great way of protecting them.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
😧

🙄
🤦🏽‍♀️

Is she ESL?

Talk about FUCKED UP. :sick: This is what we are dealing with as a Nation, and right now CRAZY, Gun Worship and you might as well include twisted Religoin has the advantage, enough of an advantage to elect this kind of a sick individual into a leadership position. Maybe we’ll get out collectiveheads out of our asses in time? I’m not hopefull, is there a reason to be hopeful?

They might get rid of Trump, but every shithead running for the GOP seems to be trying to outdo Mr Heinous. The Soul of the Country is in play, and unless the young folk in country get into gear it’s going to slip away.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
They might get rid of Trump, but every shithead running for the GOP seems to be trying to outdo Mr Heinous. The Soul of the Country is in play, and unless the young folk in country get into gear it’s going to slip away.

Found this on FB this morning - seems appropriate:

Clip.jpg

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Found this on FB this morning - seems appropriate:

View attachment 15631
Expanded: Normalization of a madman, precipitice drop in standards and basic intelligence, self destructive behavior based on selfish fantasies; hostility towards an admired ideology that includes: freedom, truth, equal rights, rule of law, equal before the law, live and let live, democracy, civil rights, when those things are no longer perceived to benefit the individual personally, give them an advantage over their fellow citizens. In a nutshell, ME>WE, and FUCK YOU.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting statistic on MSNBC today while talking about the Uvalde Massacre, regarding good guys with a gun, never mind that 400 officers who showed up while the active Uvalde shooting was ongoing, and they stood around while children were slaughtered, as if they had all day.

Anyway there was a mall shooting in Illinois today (I think) and a good guy, a private citizen with a gun, killed the perp who was a 20 year old with an assault rifle shooting up the Food Court.

Oh, another assault rifle? Cue @Herdfan with the standard assault rifle defense. They’re really not so bad. ;)

So we have millions of guns out there, and the $Gun Lobby$ premise is that bad guys with guns are the problem, so more $$$ good guys with guns will neutralize the situation and prevent murder and mass slaughter.. I’ll set aside the topic for now about are we now going to rely on private citizens to keep us safe??

Anyway, here is the statistic as stated: of approximately 400+ mass shootings in the USA, 22% were stopped by good guys with guns, but when you remove security guards, police including all of the police at Uvalde, the number of saves by average armed citizens falls to 12%.

The reality, is that in most cases of public mass shootings, most armed citIzens will run away, unless they are trapped or forced to defend their family. More guns don’t seem to address the issue which Right Wing politicians seem to be fond of suggesting (more guns).

The reality is you can’t count on average adults to be responsible, lawbiding, and sane or heroic. Even if most are, there are enough bad apples to ruin the cider. That is a fallacy that desperately needs to be corrected in the 2A. In any modern intelligent society, deadly weapons would be resirticted and not encouraged for every citizen to own and be armed at all times. Blood runs on our streets daily because we are not smart With our gun policy. STUPID is running the show around here.

Last edited:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Anyway, here is the statistic as stated: of approximately 400+ mass shootings in the USA, 22% were stopped by good guys with guns, but when you remove security guards, police including all of the police at Uvalde, the number of saves by average armed citizens falls to 12%.
The numbers are actually lower… around 5%… @ronntaylor posted the numbers here:

Post in thread 'Guns are still America’s religion'
https://talkedabout.com/threads/guns-are-still-america’s-religion.1950/post-110006

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Another violent day in America:

USA Today:
In Houston: Shortly after midnight Sunday, a man set an apartment building on fire man and shot five residents who were fleeing the blaze. Three people died, and the gunman was fatally shot by police.

In Detroit: Four people were shot hours later by a man police believe to have randomly targeted victims over a 2 ½-hour period. Three people died; a suspect was arrested.

In Phoenix: A man with a semi-automatic rifle killed two people and injured five others, including two police officers, in what investigators believed to be a random attack Sunday night.

Top Bottom
1 2