Trump’s ban on diversity training

LIVEFRMNYC

Power User
Reaction score
😂😅 @ the PS.

Yea, Trump has been showing extra bigotry lately. First saying he's going to defund the schools that participate in the 1619 Project and now this.

U

User.45

And denying Critical Race Theory (CRT) which is the backbone of a LARGE amount of educational research.

He is a nasty man.

According to seddy, diversity training is anti-white propaganda.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
What's that?! If you make a conscious effort not to hire minorities, you don't have a pool of talent to choose from? You mean they may have gone elsewhere to work, or were discouraged to seek employment where they weren't wanted? Say it ain't so! 😱
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1308543377550520325/
Go 🤬 yourselves on a rusty cold pipe!

Wells Fargo executives should be in jail. When they say “talent” are they looking for criminals that are better at covering up millions in institutional theft?

U

User.45

Wells Fargo executives should be in jail. When they say “talent” are they looking for criminals that are better at covering up millions in institutional theft?
That's a scandal I've never really delved into, but what I know is appalling. Wells Fargo is the shittiest bank I've ever dealt with. It's the comcast of banks.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
That's a scandal I've never really delved into, but what I know is appalling. Wells Fargo is the shittiest bank I've ever dealt with. It's the comcast of banks.

Worse. Way worse. Years ago, Wells Fargo bought my mortgage. My bank sent them a check on the first of the month, meant to arrive by the fifth, and due on the 15th. But somehow I got late fees month after month. They are as dirty as they come.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Yes, this fully deserves to be in the "TF Guy" thread, but this fuckery is so blatant & directed it has to go here...

Trump’s Department of Labor has opened an investigation into whether Microsoft violated federal law by promising to hire more Black and African American managers and leaders, ABC News reported on Wednesday.

Microsoft has faced criticism for years about a lack of diversity everywhere from its rank and file to the executive suites, as well as accounts of a racially hostile work environment. Corporate vice president and general counsel Dev Stahlkopf wrote in a blog post that the DOL investigation, run by its Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP), “has focused on whether Microsoft’s commitment to double the number of Black and African American people managers, senior individual contributors and senior leaders in our U.S. workforce by 2025 could constitute unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, which would violate Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.” The DOL told Stahlkopf in a letter that the promise “appears to imply that employment action may be taken on the basis of race.”

Stahlkopf added in his statement that Microsoft’s promise to double the number of senior employees who are Black or African American is “emphatically” not a violation of labor law and the company has “every confidence that Microsoft’s diversity initiative complies fully with all U.S. employment laws.”

News of the DOL investigation follows a batshit, racist executive order from the Trump administration on Sept. 22 that threatened federal agencies and contractors with loss of funding and contract terminations if they did not immediately act to terminate diversity training programs it contends are part of a “malign ideology.” The terms are both sweeping and subjective, banning training that promotes the idea the U.S. is “fundamentally racist or sexist” or that any individual, on the basis of their sex or race, is “inherently racist, sexist, or oppressive, whether consciously or unconsciously.”

Top Bottom
1 2