Trump’s new neighbors: We don’t want you here

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I’m not usually a fan of NIMBY, but in this case I completely understand.

According to The Washington Post, neighbors of the waterfront Florida complex have formally communicated to the president that they don’t want him to live there when he’s forced from the White House after Joe Biden’s inauguration.
A demand letter was reportedly delivered to the town of Palm Beach on Tuesday asserting that Trump lost his legal right to live at Mar-a-Lago when he converted the estate from his private residence to a private club in the 1990s.
In the letter, the neighbors reportedly say the town must tell Trump that he can’t live at Mar-a-Lago to “avoid an embarrassing situation” if the outgoing president moves to the club and later has to be made to leave.

LOL. Trump getting evicted from his home. Now there would be an interesting turn of events.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like an early start to continuing his winning streak after the presidency.

I’m sure there’s a woodland compound somewhere in the south that would gladly give him a cot of honor and a walkie talkie to replace his banned Twitter account.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Looks like an early start to continuing his winning streak after the presidency.

I’m sure there’s a woodland compound somewhere in the south that would gladly give him a cot of honor and a walkie talkie to replace his banned Twitter account.

I have this sudden vision of the overseers of wealthy enclaves all over the USA quickly reviewing their local ordinances related to zoning laws, multiple-family dwellings, disturbing the peace...

What if he suddenly decided Hilton Head would be nice, or Teton County in Wyoming?

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I can see so many reasons why they would not want him around.

First, many rich and educated people consider him an idiot and a boor. Bankers walk the other way when they see him coming. The NFL won’t return his calls. Why would they want that kind of person as a permanent neighbor? He may not be technically nouveau riche, but he’s still just a loud-mouthed moron with money.

Second, anywhere he goes he’ll now have Secret Service protection, which probably means if he wants to go for a ride somewhere, he’ll probably have a small caravan. Who knows, they might even temporarily close roads for him to pass by.

Third, we all know he’s extremely litigious. Imagine the Big Dumb Blonde suing his next door neighbor for putting in a tree that blocks his view, or for having construction work done that His Highness thinks is making too much noise.

Fourth, he’ll probably have a steady stream of sycophants and ass-kissers visiting him. Maybe even bunches of them if he feels he wants to run his presidency-in-exile out of his home. What would the neighbors think if he decided to host CPAC there?

Fifth and not least, the place could end up being a pilgrimage site for Q-Anon idiots. No Palm Beach resident wants to see People of Walmart amassing around the property to protest Biden’s election with rifles slung over their shoulders.

I haven’t even mentioned the potential counter-protests and the attendant chances of violence.

...What if he suddenly decided Hilton Head would be nice...
Oh god. I love Hilton Head, and the thought of accidentally running into him there...😡

Last edited:

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Ho ho. Looks like Palm Beach has got him by the balls, legally speaking.

Trump had to agree to certain limitations, based on guidelines presented as dealbreakers from the Town of Palm Beach. For example, there could be no more than 500 members, there were rules concerning parking and traffic, and club members -- Trump included -- could not spend more than seven consecutive days at Mar-a-Lago, for no more than three weeks total a year. ...Trump assented to abiding by the 21-day rule.
However, he has been exceeding that number by staying at Mar-a-Lago far more often while president, and is apparently hoping to make the club his permanent home after he leaves office -- something nearby residents in posh Palm Beach are not interested in supporting in a neighborly manner.
West Palm Beach-based attorney Reginald Stambaugh wrote to Palm Beach officials on Tuesday saying that Trump has already violated the agreement for visitor stays at Mar-a-Lago, noting the President's plans to move to the club in January....
Stambaugh said he represents a client who may have been exposed to a so-called microwave fence used to secure the property, and that he still has security concerns with the fence and with how Trump's usage of Mar-a-Lago might devalue neighboring properties.
My bold.

iLunar

Power User
Reaction score
I have this sudden vision of the overseers of wealthy enclaves all over the USA quickly reviewing their local ordinances related to zoning laws, multiple-family dwellings, disturbing the peace...

What if he suddenly decided Hilton Head would be nice, or Teton County in Wyoming?

That's a shame. Grand Tetons is one of the most beautiful places in the world. Billionaires will ruin it.

When I was leaving from the Airport, Ivanka's jet was on the Tarmac. Suffice it to say, halfbthe plane was disgusted, the other half was oooohing and ahhhhing. I was happy to know that Ivanka's jet was grounded for the same reason we were, cause of the wind. 😁

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score

Good article. Jackson Hole and Aspen are stark examples of what happens in ski towns when the rich slowly increase the property values. Their far less wealthy “friends” can’t afford to live there anymore.

Top Bottom
1 2