Ilhan Omar to introduce articles of impeachment

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I want to see DJT subpoenaed to give testimony. I want to see him try to wiggle out of it. I want to see him squirm. I want to hear him lose it and incriminate himself. BIGLY.
I imagine 45 sees himself differently when questioned...

:unsure:

giphy.gif

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
CNN referring to all the videos posted online from people who were there as “events may be among the most well-documented on Earth.” 😂

Seriously, a 5-year-old could slop together a quality incriminating video using iMovie on their iPhone.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
And the lawyers for the 45th president of the United States (yea, I'm gonna keep using that cause it makes me LOL) have said that no, he will not testify. It just keeps getting better.

To be fair in a lot of trials putting the accused on the stand is usually seen as a bad idea, but Trump is like that times 100. Just having him present at the trial would be a bad idea for the defense and that's not including the fact that the taxpayers shouldn't have to pay for replenishing his box of crayons.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Using the Republicans' defense logic, I'd like them to let us know what other federal crimes have a statute of limitation of less than a month.

For anybody who thinks this isn't a federal crime or even prosecutable, if this was incited by an average citizen they'd be spending the rest of their life in prison and probably get a play date with old sparky. Trump is damn lucky that at worst he just won't be able to run for office again.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
I want to see DJT subpoenaed to give testimony. I want to see him try to wiggle out of it. I want to see him squirm. I want to hear him lose it and incriminate himself. BIGLY.

I want to see him roasted, and toasted and.............Anglo-Saxon word hereby excised - ah, fried.

U

User.45

I want to see him roasted, and toasted and.............Anglo-Saxon word hereby excised - ah, fried.
He won't testify. They will literally do everything to prevent that. He will have to be physically dragged in for a testimony, which will get him the martyrdom he desires. At least this time it comes with more inconvenience than just getting booted from social media.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
He won't testify. They will literally do everything to prevent that. He will have to be physically dragged in for a testimony, which will get him the martyrdom he desires. At least this time it comes with more inconvenience than just getting booted from social media.

If he testifies, - if he even opens that mouth in a court - it seems to me to be inevitable that he will convict himself - as he won't be able to help himself.

Therefore, I'd imagine that his advisors will do everything in their power to ensure that he won't testify.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Part of Trump’s lawyers strategy is to throw the insurrectionists under the bus by saying they did it of their own accord and for their own reasons. Ah. At least he’s consistent with throwing his loyalists under the bus.
Not sure why they need a strategy. They should just say “the defense rests” because the spineless jellyfish in the Senate would acquit even if Trump himself was breaking windows at the Capitol. What a shameful display of cowardice. All because they are worried about losing the votes of racists and conspiracy theorists. What a dumb way of thinking... as if those people are going to switch to the Democrats if they don’t appease them by acquitting Trump?

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Watching the trial now on C-SPAN2

... and holy shit! Impeachment manager Jamie Raskin came prepared. He’s showing the Senate a moment-by-moment video of what was going on inside and outside the Capitol on Jan. 6.

And it is freaking frightening. They assembled a horrendous collection of video that shows the mob behaving like a horde of rabid wild animals. 😳

Last edited:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Watching the trial now on C-SPAN2

... and holy shit! Impeachment manager Jamie Raskin came prepared. He’s showing the Senate a moment-by-moment video of what was going on inside and outside the Capitol on Jan. 6.

And it is freaking frightening. They assembled a horrendous collection of video that shows the mob behaving like a horde of rabid wild animals. 😳

Maybe Trump’s lawyers will counter with a video of the mob chanting “Here on my own accord! Not because of Trump!”

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
They're not even two hours in, and they've already had two of what will be the some of the most viral moments from the trial.

One was the compilation of violence and insurrection video I mentioned earlier.

The other will be Rep. Jamie Raskin telling of how his daughter and son-in-law accompanied him to the Capitol that day, and how they had to be evacuated separately to hide in Steny Hoyer's office while Raskin was hiding elsewhere, not knowing what happened to them. The real gut-punch moment was when Raskin describes what happened after he was reunited with them. 😢

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
More than a dozen of the people being prosecuted for storming that capitol have said they did it because Trump incited them. One of them is even willing to testify to that at the impeachment trial. For some reason, I'm going to assume none of this is going to be allowed into evidence.

Top Bottom
1 2