Trump “will negotiate” for a third term

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Trump Says He’ll “Negotiate” Third Term, Warns Democrats Will Rig Election

...President Donald Trump once again said he wanted to serve three terms in office. Trump said he is “probably entitled” to an additional four years in the White House. “Fifty-two days from now we’re going to win Nevada, and we’re going to win four more years in the White House,” Trump told a crowd of at least 5,000 people in Minden, Nevada that was standing shoulder-to-shoulder. “And then after that, we’ll negotiate, right? Because we’re probably—based on the way we were treated—we are probably entitled to another four after that.”

“Negotiate”?! He’s fucking nuts. 😧

I know he’s said stuff before, but he keeps repeating it.

And what’s to “negotiate”? With whom? What’s going on in that rotted pumpkin head of his?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
He truly doesn’t understand government, the Constitution, or the way things work - or are supposed to work. Or that he can’t change things just because he thinks his fans would like it that way.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
He truly doesn’t understand government, the Constitution, or the way things work - or are supposed to work. Or that he can’t change things just because he thinks his fans would like it that way.
I don't know he has been doing a good job with getting away with crap that is very much against the law and the government rules.

Mark

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
his claim to a 3rd term (if elected to, and/or he is able to steal, a 2nd term), rests on his impeachment during his 1st term, which, according to trump and his supporters, allows him to say his 1st term was completely nullified. thereby his actual served terms total would be two, not three.

i can't remember where, but in the legal opinions concerning presidential impeachment, there were 1 or 2 actual usages of the word "nullify", which were not meant to say the term never existed, just meaning that the term would thereby end.

its a wild claim, in spite of his 1st term impeachment not ending in conviction/removal but it would likely be supported by Barr, is my prediction.
and probably passed by the supreme court, if R win the Senate in 2020 and they are allowed to pack the supreme court with more justices.

look at it this way, the US could impeach him several times during his tenure.

meanwhile, Canada is nice place to live, people.
although i chose a different option, for most Americans, i would imagine Canada would be the best option.

Last edited:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
his claim to a 3rd term (if elected to, and/or he is able to steal, a 2nd term), rests on his impeachment during his 1st term, which, according to trump and his supporters, allows him to say his 1st term was completely nullified. thereby his actual served terms total would be two, not three.

i can't remember where, but in the legal opinions concerning presidential impeachment, there was 1 or 2 actual usages of the word "nullify", which were not meant to say the term never existed, just meaning that the term would thereby end.

its a wild claim, but it would likely be supported by Barr, is my prediction.
and probably passed by the supreme court, if R win the Senate and they are allowed to pack the supreme court with more justices.

He was only impeached, not removed. That claim is a complete crock.

But a full writeup with all the logic and character description including onlookers would make a nice trilogy out of what were the two Alice books by Lewis Carroll... 🤪

Mark

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
He was only impeached, not removed. That claim is a complete crock.

But a full writeup with all the logic and character description including onlookers would make a nice trilogy out of what were the two Alice books by Lewis Carroll... 🤪

but, this is what Justice looks like in a world where the white R party recognised about 20 years too late that they should have changed laws and used more scientific political gerrymandering in such a way to disenfranchise earlier more than half of the USA's citizens, so that they would not need to resort to currently illegal methods to retain power.
they really only started to wake up about 10 years ago, and its too late to stop the diversity express by using only legal means at this point.

we have learned that they use ANY available means, even if it is not American, including separating toddlers from their parents and not being able to reunite them. inhuman, really. but that's the r party. a fact.

trump could demand a loyalty pledge from his followers, and ask them to drink their lysol as a kind of Kool Aid show of support.

lizkat

Reaction score
I should have added. look at what the senate and what Barr lets him do. they let him get away with anything and everything. I think they would let him have a 3rd term.

Yep well the train is leaving the station a little late for the hijacked Rs to try to make a connection to the heaven of minority rule forever. Trump made a grand effort, but he way overplayed his hand and it has fallen flat during the covid-19 experience. Also, the way the Rs in Congress behaved really did wake up a lot of voters by time of the 2018 elections.

The Rs are nuts if they figured the midterm election losses were just a rote habit of midterms. It was a warning, and was completely ignored by McConnell because the Senate didn't flip. Lots of districts that didn't flip their R critter out did drift more blue, and Trump hasn't done those districts any favors during his 2020 campaigning so far, since he's only talking to his base and those purple districts need more nuanced pitches if the Rs are going to regain lost ground and stave off a flip in 2020.

It's not like the behavior of Republicans in House and Senate improved after that, either. They acted like kids in a food fight in a cafeteria during the impeachment. And the latest behavior in the Senate to put up such a stingy riposte to what the House passed in the way of a 2nd stimulus is not playing well. No one on the left buys that it's the Dems' fault for "not compromising".
But I'll cop to being alarmed about the uncertainty that may occur this year with slow-roll counting of absentee ballots. We're certainly not likely to know results on election night in swing states at the very least. No one knows how many people will decide to try to vote in person or use absentee ballots. The time between close of in-person voting on that night and the time a state announces its results is a time when Trump will be making all kinds of mischief via his Twitter account and trying to get Fox hosts to back up his pot-stirring about how Dems will try to deny him what he irrationally assumes will be his re-election.

And yeah, the swing of the courts packed by McConnell will be an enduring problem even if it doesn't play directly in electoral processes this year. We can't anticipate what might end up in those courts though with respect to how the 2020 elections are carried out. I sure hope nothing ends up in the Supreme Court.... we've had enough of that already and that was with candidates far less controversial and erratic than Trump.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Yep well the train is leaving the station a little late for the hijacked Rs to try to make a connection to the heaven of minority rule forever. Trump made a grand effort, but he way overplayed his hand and it has fallen flat during the covid-19 experience. Also, the way the Rs in Congress behaved really did wake up a lot of voters by time of the 2018 elections.

The Rs are nuts if they figured the midterm election losses were just a rote habit of midterms. It was a warning, and was completely ignored by McConnell because the Senate didn't flip. Lots of districts that didn't flip their R critter out did drift more blue, and Trump hasn't done those districts any favors during his 2020 campaigning so far, since he's only talking to his base and those purple districts need more nuanced pitches if the Rs are going to regain lost ground and stave off a flip in 2020.

It's not like the behavior of Republicans in House and Senate improved after that, either. They acted like kids in a food fight in a cafeteria during the impeachment. And the latest behavior in the Senate to put up such a stingy riposte to what the House passed in the way of a 2nd stimulus is not playing well. No one on the left buys that it's the Dems' fault for "not compromising".
But I'll cop to being alarmed about the uncertainty that may occur this year with slow-roll counting of absentee ballots. We're certainly not likely to know results on election night in swing states at the very least. No one knows how many people will decide to try to vote in person or use absentee ballots. The time between close of in-person voting on that night and the time a state announces its results is a time when Trump will be making all kinds of mischief via his Twitter account and trying to get Fox hosts to back up his pot-stirring about how Dems will try to deny him what he irrationally assumes will be his re-election.

And yeah, the swing of the courts packed by McConnell will be an enduring problem even if it doesn't play directly in electoral processes this year. We can't anticipate what might end up in those courts though with respect to how the 2020 elections are carried out. I sure hope nothing ends up in the Supreme Court.... we've had enough of that already and that was with candidates far less controversial and erratic than Trump.

I’m not too concerned about it taking some time to count ballots. Our country survived the long wait in Bush v Gore. We won’t go off the rails if we have to wait again.

lizkat

Reaction score
I’m not too concerned about it taking some time to count ballots. Our country survived the long wait in Bush v Gore. We won’t go off the rails if we have to wait again.

Hope you're right. Time flies... and "we" seem like a different bunch of folks 20 years later. A lot of the difference may be rooted in social media noise, of course. I'd like to think once we have voted we just get on with life free of political ads for awhile, and so turn to other things. What other things is a good question though. Covid-19 gets to vote on that, and won't limit itself to any particular timeframe.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
with the trump presidency there is no normal. the thing has done flips ,flipped uue's running on three flats while unloading 100 clowns and is cheered on like it was the most perfect race. we have no clue what will happen but we do know it will be ugly and messy and there will be some serious fanatics.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
with the trump presidency there is no normal. the thing has done flips ,flipped uue's running on three flats while unloading 100 clowns and is cheered on like it was the most perfect race. we have no clue what will happen but we do know it will be ugly and messy and there will be some serious fanatics.

He is already getting his base so enraged about the Dems rigging the election that there is no way we will have a peaceful transition.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
He is already getting his base so enraged about the Dems rigging the election that there is no way we will have a peaceful transition.

And remember, this was also a card he made clear that he would attempt to play in 2016, but had no need to do so, as the result (unexpectedly) went his way.

At the time, I was astonished that few on the GOP side attempted to distance themselves from such an outrageous stance.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
And where are those - on the GOP side - who will be prepared to argue that no president should serve three terms (and this, in advance of a possible second term)?

If memory serves, is there not a constitution amendment (passed since the death of FDR) that actually prohibits a president from serving a third term?

It is not only Mr Putin who may wish to rule forever, and many seek to change constitutional norms to reflect that desire.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
At the time, I was astonished that few on the GOP side attempted to distance themselves from such an outrageous stance.
And where are those - on the GOP side - who will be prepared to argue that no president should serve three terms (and this, in advance of a possible second term)?

If memory serves, is there not a constitution amendment (passed since the death of FDR) that actually prohibits a president from serving a third term?

It is not only Mr Putin who may wish to rule forever, and many seek to change constitutional norms to reflect that desire.

The fact that it is clearly not legal to serve a third consecutive term...the fact that he was impeached...the GOP is definitely derelict in their duties. Why are they so afraid to say something? Why were they so afraid to allow another Republican to run against him in a primary?

U

User.45

There's a physical limit on this though. Trump isn't in good enough shape to pull through 2 additional terms. He's fluffing up for one of his kids to run...

Top Bottom
1 2