Trump 2024 could be imminent

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Yes, he’s actually thinking about it.

Sources: Trump privately discussing 2024 run
...Aides advising Republicans who are likely to run in 2024 are dreading the prospect of a Trump run given the extraordinary sway he holds over millions of GOP voters.

• Even four years after leaving office, he could remain formidable in a Republican primary.
  • That fact alone could freeze the ambitions, fundraising and staffing of individual candidates — and of the Republican National Committee as it seeks to regroup and move beyond Trump.
God help us.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Ugh, yes, I've seen this circulating on several news sources.

I mean, it makes sense for him, he gets to do what he loves the most, have hate ... er, campaign rallies, the sycophants, their glorious leader sent down from the heavens, heck, he doesn't even have the awareness to think ahead to actually winning, he just wants the short term fix.

I don't believe he'll make it another 4 years, whether it's legal issues, or health, etc., whatever, I did read one comment though that said something to the effect of, he'd campaign for __a__ trump, not necessarily him.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Yes, he’s actually thinking about it.

Sources: Trump privately discussing 2024 run

God help us.

If the GOP can't tell him to fuck off, and start his own party—Bull Moose anyone?—that's on them. He's a powerful figure, but he also lost control of the House in 2018, and the White House in 2020. Republicans barely held on in the Senate, but they gained seats in the House, indicating that Republicans also turned on the president. Think of this way, Arizona shed its two Republican Senators for two Democrats in two-years. And, Georgia might be a shitshow for the GOP.

He wants to remain in this position because that's where all the money is—his campaign's move to fight the election is mostly a way to underwrite the campaign's debt—and it's clear that he'll use his rallies to funnel money into Trump Inc. After wall, who makes money on all that MAGA crap?

Meanwhile, Republicans will be forced to either be Goldwater-McCain Republicans or Trumpsters. Who wants that?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's hard to run for President from prison.
I was fearing the pending legal actions against Trump might get dropped as a sort of unofficial pardon to just put it all behind us and not rile up his base further, but with the possibility of him running in 2024 looming I now think they are going to go after him and his family hard, maybe even with more charges from things that took place while he was in office.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
I was fearing the pending legal actions against Trump might get dropped as a sort of unofficial pardon to just put it all behind us and not rile up his base further, but with the possibility of him running in 2024 looming I now think they are going to go after him and his family hard, maybe even with more charges from things that took place while he was in office.
And that carries its own perils. With Trump, everything is heads I win, tails you lose. I’m pretty certain his base would see him as a martyr, and it would not hurt his standing in their eyes one bit.

Not that I don’t think he should be prosecuted, I do. An example must be made.

Zoidberg

Site Champ
Reaction score
He registered his 2020 campaign run the very day of his inauguration IIRC so not surprising. I suspect it'll be either Trump Jr or Ivanka if he isn't able to run himself.

His voters will see it as the Deep State going after him.

I don't think he will go to prison, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2